• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clubs I adore: Chelsea
Other clubs I follow: Nil
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Juventus and West Ham
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: nil
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: nil
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: Liverpool (I like them actually but I have a serious dislike for their fans.)
Clubs I despise: Barcelona

Hixx

Do you have a source or something?

Going a bit far to call it a source (everything I get is second hand) but my dad grew up with his dad (same street + school) and usually have a bit craic on in the pub.

Not heard anything about Newcastle from him but the Echo's chief sports reporter reckons they are in for him.

edit: Sky are having a right fuck on with the Dawson to QPR story... was £10m, then £5.5m, then £9m.

Kyoufu

Going a bit far to call it a source (everything I get is second hand) but my dad grew up with his dad (same street + school) and usually have a bit craic on in the pub.

Not heard anything about Newcastle from him but the Echo's chief sports reporter reckons they are in for him.

160px-WC-2014-Brasil.svg.png

Fair enough, I'd be surprised. Wouldn't be a bad signing by any stretch but it seems a bit unnecessary considering we need to strengthen our defence and strike-force.

If we are though, do us a favour and pay for his flight :p

Wilbur

Banned
I think everyone at United knows how good Kagawa is.

Sky were saying that the United coaches were raving about his preseason performances and how well he trained.

It's very promising that he played behind the striker and kept seeing the ball, Fergie will have picked up on that. If it wasn't for Jagiekla playing fantastically he could have had two or three assists.

Clubs I adore: Borussia Dortmund
Other clubs I follow: Newcastle Utd

Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Inter, Sporting Braga, Deportivo
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Bayern
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Hoffenheim
Clubs I despise: Real Madrid

I used to hate bayern with passions(Can't forget that 0:5 defeat where Makaay and Ze Roberto scored two goals in 10 minutes, lowest point of my fan career)..Well that hatred eased up alot in the past few years....(Vizebayern certainly helps LOL). I respect bayern as a club, especially how it operates...Clubs need to be more financially responsible....No disrespect but rich oil daddy certainly does football no good.

Not being a german myself so I don't quite have the hatred towards schalke(they suck nontheless)...Maybe I will someday when I experience a derby in live

Clubs I adore: Zenit St Petersburg
Other clubs I follow: Baikal Irkutsk - hometown club, currently playing in the second division in Russia
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan:
Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk - Mostly because of their awesome name.
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Loko, I find Smorodskaya's crazyness endearing.
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible:
Barcelona - remind me too much of that Simpson's version of football. Plus they win too much.
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike:
Anzhi - because they started throwing money around and now everyone thinks they can rip off all Russian clubs
Clubs I despise: Spartak - eternally, always, forever

Clubs I adore: Newcastle
Other clubs I follow: -
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Arsenal (Dad's a gooner), Juventus (fellow barcodes).
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: -
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Liverpool, Man U, Real Madrid, PSG, QPR
Clubs I despise: Sunderland

Hixx

Then the question is...

Would he start for Newcastle?

No, unless you stick to the 4-4-2 and he plays as a right winger?

That's why I hold hope he will sign for SAFC - he wants first team football. Of all the clubs linked we're the only one where he would get it and everyone says we'll pay the most wages too.

For once.

Salvadora

"Every season [United] ask all European scouts for a list of players," the Dutchman told Algemeen Dagblad.

"They ask you to create a top five of the best players in the league for every position. I had Buttner at number three or four on my list."
Manchester United scout Ed van Stijn has admitted that the club's latest acquisiton, Alexander Buttner, was only the third or fourth best left-back in the Eredivisie last season.

Kyoufu

No, unless you stick to the 4-4-2 and he plays as a right winger?

That's why I hold hope he will sign for SAFC - he wants first team football. Of all the clubs linked we're the only one where he would get it and everyone says we'll pay the most wages too.

For once.

Ew. You can have him.

Wilbur

Banned
Manchester United scout Ed van Stijn has admitted that the club's latest acquisiton, Alexander Buttner, was only the third or fourth best left-back in the Eredivisie last season.

Doesn't really sound like a negative to me. He's young and came cheap and if he's the third best compared to players who may have been far older and more expensive, then fair play.

keit4

Banned
Clubs I adore: Deportivo de La Coruña
Other clubs I follow: Barcelona
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Atlético de Madrid, Arsenal, Manchester City, Swansea
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Juventus, Athletic, Porto, Celta de Vigo
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Valencia, Bayern Munich
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: Chelsea, Málaga
Clubs I despise: Real Madrid, Manchester United

Salvadora

Doesn't really sound like a negative to me. He's young and came cheap and if he's the third best compared to players who may have been far older and more expensive, then fair play.

I thought it was more interesting about creating top 5 lists for every position in every league. The Buttner ranking doesn't matter for the reasons you gave & potential.

I told you to believe.

I'm not watching but how's the game going? Was the goal against the run of play or are you guys playing well?

Playing rather well, Lilles pressure is really unorganized and you can get counters on them quite a lot. But Lille are also great when they finally have the ball and missed a penalty already.

Wilbur

Banned
I thought it was more interesting about creating top 5 lists for every position in every league. The Buttner ranking doesn't matter for the reasons you gave & potential.

Ah right, it was the way you phrased it, with the word only that I picked up on.

Agreed though, it's an interesting way to go about collating transfer targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom