• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Panic over. Top source just told me Johnson "too expensive" for Newcastle. Lol. This transfer window, man. #twistsandturnseverydaynow."

What a wanker.

He sounds like your version of Lee Ryder, at least this bloke is trying to break some news though rather than regurgitating it a couple of hours later!

Clubs I adore: The Arsenal
Other clubs I follow: None really
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Charlton, Roma & Marseille
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Liverpool
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Chelsea
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: Stoke City
Clubs I despise: Spurs & Man United

Bumhead

Banned
Fantastic first half. Couldn't have been much better. 2-0 up, could have been 3 or 4, flowing attacking football, Craig Burley has just described it as "men against boys".

pulga

Banned
You support two clubs, so your opinion is diluted as a result.

Bullshit.

Clubs I adore: Real Madrid, Juventus, REAL ESPANA
Other clubs I follow: Manchester United
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan of: Celtic/Hotspurs/Wigan (for the Honduran love they've shown) Liverpool (for the lols)
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: AC Milan, Valencia
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Napoli, if for the president. Atletico Madrid also gets on my nerves.
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: PSG, City
Clubs I despise: Barcelona and Inter, fuck you very much. Olimpia y Marathon, muerte a los chucos!

De Jong sucks for Gladbach. They're trying to play the way they played last season but de Jong is no Reus. He's not fast enough and not as technically gifted, it doesn't work that way. Two strikers that do absolutely nothing is one too much in international football. Favre must change how they play or de Jong must improve a lot, although I really doubt he can improve his speed.

Kyoufu

De Jong sucks for Gladbach. They're trying to play the way they played last season but de Jong is no Reus. He's not fast enough and not as technically gifted, it doesn't work that way. Favre must change how they play or de Jong must improve a lot, although I really doubt he can improve his speed.

3655288_o.gif

"Munchengladbach was a bad choice"

confuziz

Banned
De Jong sucks for Gladbach. They're trying to play the way they played last season but de Jong is no Reus. He's not fast enough and not as technically gifted, it doesn't work that way. Two strikers that do absolutely nothing is one too much in international football. Favre must change how they play or de Jong must improve a lot, although I really doubt he can improve his speed.

De Jong is a true finisher, a lot like Huntelaar.

Charles

Clubs I adore: Juventus
Other clubs I follow: None
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: None
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Milan
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Teams that put 9 men behind the ball from the first half
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: Napoli; their president is a loud-mouthed idiot who always tries to be the center of attention, the only tactic they have is the counter attack and they're sore losers and ungracious winners.
Clubs I despise: Inter. I would not love my son if he supported them. I would forgive him if he turned out to be a serial killer.

Zabojnik

Thought GAF was down for the day, but apparently it was a DNS problem. Had to change it to Google Public DNS, solved.

Clubs I adore: Juventus
Other clubs I follow: Newcastle (as of this season, go Magpies!)
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Eh, it changes constantly ... no fixed ones, really
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: AC Milan, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Liverpool
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Bayern, Barcelona (I have a love/hate kind of relationship with both)
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: All big spenders, such as PSG, Chelsea and City, if only because they're making it so hard for the rest of us to sign top players :/
Clubs I don't give a shit about: Torino, Lazio, Cagliari, Genoa, Palermo, Atalanta, Sampdoria
Clubs I despise: Inter, Napoli, Fiorentina, Roma, Pescara (new and possibly temporary addition)

EliCash

I want to play

Clubs I adore: Rangers F.C
Other clubs I follow: None
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan of: Arsenal, Man City, Everton, Chelsea, Blackpool, Athletic Bilbao, Napoli
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Man Utd, Stoke, St Mirren
Clubs I despise: Celtic

Fuck. Lille just pressuring with 10 men now, been around the Copenhagen box for the last 5 min. Copenhagen are already tired.

Edit : and we put in a player that had to call in sick for school to be on the bench. :lol

Can't hear shit from here :p
Sort of amazes me I can hear it, I'm like 10+ miles away. Thought I was hearing things, but other people posted on Facebook that they can hear it.

I can't hear anything but that's a positive as I don't like the Foo Fighters.
Edit: :lol NI is pretty much in this thread.
I don't like them either. Hence I'm not there. I feel smug though, as if everybody wasted their money and I can hear it for free.

Meier

So who are City going to hopelessly chase next?

M'Vila, Moutinho, Martinez?

I know someone (you?) mentioned one journalist suggested M'Vila was our next option if De Rossi turned us down. I'd be all for it, big fan of his. Martinez has a chance to be excellent and would be a great addition, but €40m is way too much money for him. That is on par with what we were going to play for an established, world class player.

Moutinho doesn't really fit our needs -- he's definitely not a DM.

EliCash

Think Celtic will just about manage to keep a clean sheet.

Why'd you delete Morton from your list?

because I considered moving them to other clubs I follow, but then I backspaced that too because I haven't really for the past few seasons. Fan? Definitely still fond of them.

LegoArmo

because I considered moving them to other clubs I follow, but then I backspaced that too because I haven't really for the past few seasons. Fan?

I was born there, lived there at different periods of my life and went to a few games. They're very hard to follow from England but I look out for their results.

Samaras makes it 2-0.

pulga

Banned
Juventini, I've got a confession to make.

When David Suazo was at Inter, I cheered him on and wanted him to score. How can I ever absolve my sins? :'(

rodvik

There really aren't enough hours in the day for me to watch all these games. I am looking forward to finishing Barcelona / Madrid and watching at least one of the Champion's League games, though.

The final leg of Barca/Chelsea is truly fantastic. Provides a counter point to the Barca/Real games. It requires Gary Neville commentary though.

EliCash

I was born there, lived there at different periods of my life and went to a few games. They're very hard to follow from England but I look out for their results.

Sweet, I also just look out for results now. I used to go to games though years ago, grandfather was a lifelong fan. A bit easier to follow from Glasgow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom