• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
De Jong sucks for Gladbach. They're trying to play the way they played last season but de Jong is no Reus. He's not fast enough and not as technically gifted, it doesn't work that way. Two strikers that do absolutely nothing is one too much in international football. Favre must change how they play or de Jong must improve a lot, although I really doubt he can improve his speed.

Pretty much, they must drop the 4-4-2 now. Should've played Hrgota today, he looks very talented.

LegoArmo

Sweet, I also just look out for results now. I used to go to games though years ago, grandfather was a lifelong fan. A bit easier to follow from Glasgow.

At least we can share a hatred of St. Mirren then. Their fans were horrible when they came to Cappielow.

Samaras should have made it 3-0.

Bumhead

Banned
Fuck. Birmingham nicked a goal. We are still 2-1 up, but with 12 minutes to go this is the point where I want to turn off and go and do something else for a bit.

Juventini, I've got a confession to make.

When David Suazo was at Inter, I cheered him on and wanted him to score. How can I ever absolve my sins? :'(

Porco cane....!

For 38 straight Sundays, you must say three Ave Angelli and two Padre Pepes, in addition to your preghiere Contediane! IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SCUDETTO!

Vai con Dio, mio figlio.

ifRpuPBlBJWwL.png

Wow, so that data set City made available on their site...it's beautiful. Best Excel file I've ever opened. Never thought I'd actually be motivated to make graphs for fun. I'm curious what kind of things people will do with this. Anyone else taken a look/done anything with it?

I've a girl I know who lives in Lurgan and she can hear it too, just saw her post about it on Facebook.
It's fairly clear here. If you lived in Belfast you might as well be in the place it would be that loud.

It's on the Boucher road right? Only time I go there is for Funderland.
I was up the Boucher Road today at Yamaha getting my bike serviced. There was some crowd going in to the place.

Kenka

I would pay 70M for Falcao, actually. Easily in the top5 players in the world.
That would put him in Torres territory
if you know what I mean
I don't want him to go to Anzhi, although he would still be shining in the EL this year too.

Meier

Lille offering up some extremely poor football. Thought they were supposed to be at least decent?

I think they've probably sold off all their offensive talent in the past few years.

I wonder how much longer Bocanegra will stay at Rangers. Can't really have the USA captain playing in Scottish div3.

I believe I saw Ian Darke suggest he was looking at a move to Serie B or some sort of 2nd level team in a major country.

LegoArmo

I wonder how much longer Bocanegra will stay at Rangers. Can't really have the USA captain playing in Scottish div3.

Did the players sign new contracts? Do you know if they're short term, maybe a month at a time, or if you have him contracted for years?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Never has losing 50 euros felt better. Being a huge pessimist I still don't rate our chances of going through but fantastic to see the club on the right way again, after a year of a huge JT and Rolan fucking Nilsson.

Kenka

Damn, Basle should have won this game 4-0 and instead were beaten on home soil thanks to two sharp (and avoidable) counters. Disheartening.

pulga

Banned
Porco cane....!

For 38 straight Sundays, you must say three Ave Angelli and two Padre Pepes, in addition to your preghiere Contediane! IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SCUDETTO!

Vai con Dio, mio figlio.

ifRpuPBlBJWwL.png

Grazie, grazie ;_; This reminds me, I've got italian homework to finish! Anyone here from Italy GAF mind quickly spell/grammar checking it? :)

elsk

Banned
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Never has losing 50 euros felt better. Being a huge pessimist I still don't rate our chances of going through but fantastic to see the club on the right way again, after a year of a huge JT and Rolan fucking Nilsson.

You're an ass.

EliCash

Did the players sign new contacts? Do you know if they're short term, maybe a month a time, or if you have him contacted for years?

I'm not entirely sure, as far as I know Bocanegra just transferred his over, so he'd have one year left to run if he were to stay. The likes of Mcculloch signed contract extensions (two years I think). New players signed 3-4 year deals. Little re-signed.

I wouldn't mind if he left, he was good enough to transfer over, means we can get some money for him. Unlike Naismith, Mcgregor and Steve Davis.

We just won 1-0. Celtic may have had a European match but we are giant killers, narrowly beating a team a whole two divisions ahead of us.

Dammit Anzhi, stop it.

I hope he won't go. Isn't Anzhi incredible shitty located so even travelling to other league games is a pain? That and of course that Falcao should be in one of the best leagues in the world, without saying the Russian is shit but... He seems to good for it.

Meier

deroli

I guess that means more money for Dortmund, Bayern and Schalke. I like it, Gladbach wouldnt have done shit in the CL anyway.

More Money for Dortmund and Munich, less money for Gelsenkirchen heh. With four teams, the part of the CL money is split 40/30/20/10, with three participants it's 50/35/15.

Kiev had 4 or maybe 5 chances today. 2 or 3 shots from distance, De Jong's own goal and the chance that lead to Yarmolenko's goal. Great efficiency by Kiev. Apart from that, Gladbach was on par with the Dynamo. But they just failed when they got into the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom