• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkayes

Is this a thing now?

Fan: 1.FSV Mainz 05, Everton F.C.
Sympathy: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Arsenal, Spurs, City
Dislike: Frankfurt, Schalke 04, 1899 Hoffenheim, Hamburg, A.C. Milan, Lazio, United

Kalou interview. Always enlightening but the interviewer was also kind of a bitch haha. "A few months ago you won CL. Now you are struggling to qualify"

It wasn't even a question but she expected him to answer to that.

Moobabe

Looks like fun!

Fan: Chelsea
Sort of want: West Ham (pre Allardyce) AC Milan, Arsenal (Dad is a gooner)
Do not want: Man United, QPR, Villa
Get relegated please: Liverpool

I hope he won't go. Isn't Anzhi incredible shitty located so even travelling to other league games is a pain? That and of course that Falcao should be in one of the best leagues in the world, without saying the Russian is shit but... He seems to good for it.

Well Anzhi players live and train in Moscow and fly to their home games and its about a 3 hour flight. And UEFA has also banned them from playing their Europa League games in Mahachkala too, so they're almost completely a Moscow club now.

Salvadora

Well Anzhi players live and train in Moscow and fly to their home games and its about a 3 hour flight. And UEFA has also banned them from playing their Europa League games there too, so they're almost completely a Moscow club now.

This makes me laugh every time I hear it.

Kyoufu

Fan: Newcastle United
Also like but don't really follow much: Juventus, Barcelona
Hate: Man United
Mancrushes: Cavani, Aguero, Torres, Gomez

D_prOdigy

Only just realised:

>Sell Dawson for 'initial fee of £7.5m'
>Buy Adebayor for £5m.

It's one of those blimey Charlie moments.

Looking forward to see how Spurs get on. They're my joint-adopted-second-team along with Swansea.

3Sixty

Second in the Championship. Think I'm getting a nosebleed.

Fancy you guys for a run at B2B promotions. Maybe through the play offs.

---

Also, came out of football retirement tonight, lost 5-4 but i pulled off some decent saves so im pretty happy with that, picked up a slight knock though, so back into retirement i go.

Zabojnik

Conte "I expect to be back on the bench again against Parma [this Sunday]."

I doubt that but I like his confidence
z80IB.gif

I highly doubt it too, but if there's any justice left in this world, he'll be cleared. As a somewhat sane person, I can't believe the things Palazzi is saying. Most of his theories are shaky at the very least, but some are just completely IN-FUCKING-SANE. Like when he's talking about Di Vaio and the call he received, in which he allegedly refused to agree to a match fixing. The call lasted about 30 seconds, which according to Palazzi is time enough - in fact, it's the perfect lenght! - for Di Vaio to have picked up, said hello, waited for the other guy to ask the incriminating question and replied with a 'no'. That's the proof. No, really, that's the proof. WHAT. THE. FUCK. Di Vaio was cleared before and I'm sure he'll be cleared again, but, I mean, this is just judicial harassment at this point.

However, the highlight of everything has to be the hilarious 'explanation' Palazzi has given as to why the 23 witnesses (players) that are willing to testify in Conte's favour, saying he never mentioned anything about Albinoleffe - Siena being fixed, but instead gave one of his great motivational speeches and asked everybody to win the game to secure the promotion to Serie A, aren't credible. (By the way, Carobbio himself confirmed that the motivational speech took place. Right. So first Conte tells everybody not to worry, because both teams have agreed to a draw, and then - for a reason only Carobbio and Palazzi understand - goes on to motivate his players, asking them to give it all. Right, right. Makes perfect sense.) Palazzi says that while the tactical meeting was taking place the players could have easily left the room. So they wouldn't have heard Conte speaking about the match being fixed. Or at least - says Palazzi - that's what they could've said in an interrogation and he - Palazzi - wouldn't have had any proof to the contrary. Meanwhile, this doesn't apply to Conte's assistents. They obviously *had* to be present, because, you know, they're his assistents. What? WHAT? WHAAAAT? Besides the fact that I've never heard of players coming and going as they please when the coach is speaking in a tactical reunion ... what he's saying doesn't even make any fucking sense. Not one of the players is saying that they weren't present. In fact, they're ALL saying that they were indeed there and did not hear Conte pronounce a single word about the fixing. They are all ready to testify under oath. But no, let's not do that, let's pretend they're ghosts and not even accuse them of failing to report the match fixing (but let's accuse Conte and his staff of that!), they're not credible, because they could've left at any given time during the meeting.

This is just crazy. This man has to be relieved of his duty, because he's now well over the point of grasping at straws. This is lunacy, pure and simple.

Well Anzhi players live and train in Moscow and fly to their home games and its about a 3 hour flight. And UEFA has also banned them from playing their Europa League games in Mahachkala too, so they're almost completely a Moscow club now.

Ah that must have been what I read. Seems to stupid haha, can't they just merge with some small Moscow based club and move it there officially?

Everton was at our stadium again tonight to look at Oviedo.

Also lol at that Celtic goal, that was some terrible terrible defending there, what was the left back doing?

Edit : and that Luuk De Jong own goal lol

elsk

Banned
Everton was at our stadium again tonight to look at Oviedo.

Also lol at that Celtic goal, that was some terrible terrible defending there, what was the left back doing?

Edit : and that Luuk De Jong own goal lol

I hope you're referring to the sweden left-back.

Feorax

Newcastle offering £12 million for Carroll?

Take it. FFS take it and end this shitty saga.

EDIT: going to need a new avatar soon I think.

Bumhead

Banned
Fancy you guys for a run at B2B promotions. Maybe through the play offs.

I'm trying not to get too giddy too quickly, but honestly, we're capable of doing it if we keep ourselves on the right track. We have pace, power, experience, a bit of quality in the right areas, strength in depth, we're willing to attack and we have one of the best operators in The Championship in Dave Jones. The bloke took charge in February and hasn't lost a competitive game yet.

We were the better side and showed fight against Derby at the weekend, and by all accounts we made last seasons Play-Off semi finalists look like boys against men tonight.

You just never know, really.

Carbonox

Fan: Newcastle

European teams I keep an eye on for le awesome: Juventus, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund; occasionally a bit of Barcelona, AC Milan and Bayern Munich

Get relegated please: Tottenham, West Ham, Reading, QPR

Meier

@The Wednesday:

I was reading you guys' wiki to see how long it had been since Sheffield was in the PL and it says you're planning to build a new stadium at roughly the site of the original location. What struck me as odd though is it suggests a capacity of 10k. You all have been averaging 20k+ per game apparently. What's the reasoning behind the much smaller stadium? That's obviously not viable especially if you make it back up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_Grove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom