• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

@The Wednesday:

I was reading you guys' wiki to see how long it had been since Sheffield was in the PL and it says you're planning to build a new stadium at roughly the site of the original location. What struck me as odd though is it suggests a capacity of 10k. You all have been averaging 20k+ per game apparently. What's the reasoning behind the much smaller stadium? That's obviously not viable especially if you make it back up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_Grove

In November 2009, Sheffield FC announced, after months of speculation, they planned to build a 10,000 capacity stadium at Olive Grove.[2] This move was speculated for quite some time, as the club wished to return to its roots in Sheffield.[3]

Sheffield FC is not Sheffield Wednesday.

Ah.. You should hate City right now. They're the current champions.

But they have Aguero, who can hate Aguero?

They have fun games too, like their opening game, the QPR one obviously, the 3-3 with Sunderland etc etc. They never make it easy.

It's much more fun to watch than United being outplayed for 90 minutes then fucking 'Little Pea' scores in Fergie time.

Bumhead

Banned
@The Wednesday:

I was reading you guys' wiki to see how long it had been since Sheffield was in the PL and it says you're planning to build a new stadium at roughly the site of the original location. What struck me as odd though is it suggests a capacity of 10k. You all have been averaging 20k+ per game apparently. What's the reasoning behind the much smaller stadium? That's obviously not viable especially if you make it back up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_Grove

You've got wires crossed I'm afraid mate. The Olive Grove site was where Wednesday originally played before we moved to Hillsborough in 1899.

That Wiki entry refers to Sheffield FC moving to Olive Grove, not Sheffield Wednesday. Sheffield FC are a non-league club, and are in fact the oldest football club in the world. They currently play in a small village/town on the outskirts of Sheffield but a move to Olive Grove would get them back within the City itself.

Hillsborough is going nowhere thankfully.

Also for reference, we were relegated from the Premiership in 2000. It's been a while.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Balague says Bilbao are forcing Llorente out but trying to make him look like the bad guy?

I certainly hope so.
z80IB.gif

Sloosha

Fan: Chelsea, Bristol teams occasionally.
Also like but don't really follow much: Swansea, AC Milan
Casual dislike: Arsenal, Barcelona

By the way, can I just say bravo to the Golden Tie for swooping in and securing the Pazzini-Quagliarella swap right from under our noses? We've repeatedly got the better of nearly everyone in Serie A this summer but that was a masterful swoop.

Soi-Fong

But they have Aguero, who can hate Aguero?

They have fun games too, like their opening game, the QPR one obviously, the 3-3 with Sunderland etc etc. They never make it easy.

It's much more fun to watch than United being outplayed for 90 minutes then fucking 'Little Pea' scores in Fergie time.

But they have Tevez and he's no fun.

Carbonox

Newcastle will buy another Senegalese striker and justifying said purchase by thinking that Senegal wouldn't take ALL three strikers, would they? :p

Meier

You've got wires crossed I'm afraid mate. The Olive Grove site was where Wednesday originally played before we moved to Hillsborough in 1899.

That Wiki entry refers to Sheffield FC moving to Olive Grove, not Sheffield Wednesday. Sheffield FC are a non-league club, and are in fact the oldest football club in the world. They currently play in a small village/town on the outskirts of Sheffield but a move to Olive Grove would get them back within the City itself.

Hillsborough is going nowhere thankfully.

Also for reference, we were relegated from the Premiership in 2000. It's been a while.

Doh! That makes a helluva lot of sense, didn't notice the FC obviously. I was so confused! :)

Sheffield FC's current capacity is 2,000 so that would be a nice bump for them. I can't even envision what their existing set up must be like. Seems like you'd basically just have people standing around the touch lines and hit 2k.

Hixx

I probably want the top 2 in the championship to stay as is (Blackpool and Sheff Wed). Boro or Hull to come up via Play Offs would be great.

Hixx

Charlton can get fucked the fucking fuckers. And that cheb Mendonca.

Apologies Geoffrey but I forgot Blackburn were even in there. Oops.

Salvadora

I want Blackpool back up & Sheffield Wednesday for the supporter in here. I'm nice like that.
Edit: And Blackburn! Without Kean though.

1. Wolves
2. Blackburn (only for Jeff, don't really care for them myself)
3. Don't give a shit.

The hilarity of Ståle in the premier league would just be fantastic. Leeds can fuck off.

Ah that must have been what I read. Seems to stupid haha, can't they just merge with some small Moscow based club and move it there officially?

Well, the billionaire owner of Anzhi is from Dagestan (Mahachakala is the capital of Dagestan) so there is no way they move. They actually have a really good, passionate fanbase too and they have lots of local grown players playing for them as well, plus they are currently building a new 40,000 seat stadium there too. In general they are spending something like 500 million on improving the infrastructure.

dc89

#MCFC have had a bid ACCEPTED for #Cavani. #MCFC were in a real rush to complete negotiations tonight

Ok footballagent on Twitter. Whatever you say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom