• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How much is Quag worth anyway? He's almost 30! We either pay his buyout clause now or next season, they won't accept anything less.

Sappy113

Edit: Also, unlike the game against Everton, there is constant movement by all players in that play. United seriously has to increase their work rate to achieve something like that again.

Agreed. Clever movement and positioning is pretty much a prerequisite for a free-flowing, attacking style. Especially against a well-organized defense. You just won't open up a defense unless you move the ball well, but in order to do that, gotta find those open spaces and start moving the defense around. Thing of beauty when teams succeed with that, no matter who it is. I'd just prefer it to be United.

Zabojnik

How much is Quag worth anyway? He's almost 30! We either pay his buyout clause now or next season, they won't accept anything less.

It's now or never, imo. If it were any other club and not Fiorentina, maybe we could come to some sort of gentlemen's agreement for next year. Not a chance of that with the Viola, they'll want to whore him out and start a bidding war. I think Jojo's lost to us. :/

We paid 4.5M€ + 10.5M€ for Quag in 2010 and 2011. He's maybe worth half that now. 25M€ + Quag = Jovetić? Seems doable, but it won't happen. I think 20M€ is our cash budget for the striker.

So ... Sborry or Osvaldo?

Carbonox

I'm surprised it's taking Juventus this long in obtaining a solid striker. Then again, the ones they are linked with are tough to obtain for any club. We'll give you Cisse though, my fellow magpies.

pappe

I'm surprised it's taking Juventus this long in obtaining a solid striker. Then again, the ones they are linked with are tough to obtain for any club. We'll give you Cisse though, my fellow magpies.

They are being cheap skates. Thats why its taking them so long. they will either bid half as much as the other club is asking for and that'd completely put off the selling club or they will try to stuff their broken piece of shit strikers who no one wants as part payments which no one is gonna agree to and in the end they whine and cry that no one whats to sell to them.

Just make a competitive bid. 10mil for RVP, 15 mil for Jovetic or 12 mil for Llorente is not gonna work. You want a world class striker you have to pay a high amount.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's now or never, imo. If it were any other club and not Fiorentina, maybe we could come to some sort of gentlemen's agreement for next year. Not a chance of that with the Viola, they'll want to whore him out and start a bidding war. I think Jojo's lost to us. :/

We paid 4.5M€ + 10.5M€ for Quag in 2010 and 2011. He's maybe worth half that now. 25M€ + Quag = Jovetić? Seems doable, but it won't happen. I think 20M€ is our cash budget for the striker.

So ... Sborry or Osvaldo?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. A bidding war is unlikely if the ceiling is set at 30, someone is going to pay it and walk away with him sooner or later.

So.. Conte has been absolved of all charges in Siena-Novara, but the ban is still 10 months for Albinoleffe? What's the point then?

Hey I'll take him!

Zabojnik

They are being cheap skates. Thats why its taking them so long. they will either bid half as much as the other club is asking for and that'd completely put off the selling club or they will try to stuff their broken piece of shit strikers who no one wants as part payments which no one is gonna agree to and in the end they whine and cry that no one whats to sell to them.

Just make a competitive bid. 10mil for RVP, 15 mil for Jovetic or 12 mil for Llorente is not gonna work. You want a world class striker you have to pay a high amount.

Yep, that's basically it. I guess Marotta's hoping for a last minute miracle. I used to love the last days of the transfer season when Moggi was around. Now I'm terrified.

So.. Conte has been absolved of all charges in Siena-Novara, but the ban is still 10 months for Albinoleffe? What's the point then?

The point is to fuck him, because otherwise Carobbio wouldn't be deemed credible and the whole castle of cards would come tumbling down. FIGC can't let that happen. Our last chance is the appeal to the TNAS, which is (somewhat) out of FIGC's reach. Petrucci & CONI probably don't want to angry Agnelli any further, so I think they'll come to some sort of compromise, a reduced sentence. 6 months would be a blessing at this point.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You are now on the list.

Of posters who can't spell?
z80IB.gif

3Sixty

SimonPeach: #SaintsFC & Bologna have agreed a fee & payment plan for Ramirez. The hold up is because the Rossoblù are trying to sort out their finances.

#SaintsFC have also sorted out agreement with Ramirez's former club Penarol for their 30%. Hold up is Bologna messing around with finances.

Apparently Bologna are trying to get a bank loan secured against any future payments from us. They must be so broke.

Just downloaded Counterstrike GO on my 360. I have already got the game on PC but wanted to play with some friends! Should be fun to see how it holds up to the PC version.

Zabojnik

Regarding our feeble attempts to bid for a decent stiker - one explanation could be that we were waiting for the Bonucci & Pepe judicial saga to be finally over, before going all out on a single player. Both were confirmed cleared of charges today, so now we don't have to go looking for an additional CB/LW.

Grasping at straws here. There's been a lot of that going on lately, isn't that right, Palazzi?

Hixx

Where is all this money coming from? Is MON blackmailing the owner? :lol

Our owner is a billionaire who has so far had a net spend of £0. Now he's got a manager who he can trust, he is putting his own money in.

But Chriswok's post is so wrong.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Actually, yes. It's sad that we can't even get Pazzini now. :(
Happy Birthday kharma.
Oh right! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KHARMA! What are you doing here?
Zabojnik said:
Regarding our feeble attempts to bid for a decent stiker - one explanation could be that we were waiting for the Bonucci & Pepe judicial saga to be finally over, before going all out on a single player. Both were confirmed cleared of charges today, so now we don't have to go looking for an additional CB/LW.

Grasping at straws here. There's been a lot of that going on lately, isn't that right, Palazzi?

Conte promised someone is going to arrive and I believe him.

But he was promised by Marotta so there's that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roma release players' music play-lists on iTunes. Osvaldo's is first up. Starts with Whole Lotta Love. Ends with Nothing Else Matters

Osvaldo's play-list features Led Zep, the Stones, Guns and Roses, Leonard Cohen, Pink Floyd, Lennon, Nirvana, Metallica, Manu Chao

Osvaldo: "Every day I could choose 10 different songs. Music is a state of being + this is mine for right now. I hope you like it."

You want him now Zabo?

Zabojnik

No we fucking won't!

We would never try to take him anyway, my respected brothers. <3

Btw Yurt, Conte's was cleared of failing to report for Novara - Siena, Alessio wasn't. This is amazing. Basically Alessio was holding the technical reunion all by himself. Ahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom