• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

I'm glad Bilbao won't give up their core players.

It's borderline insane: player wants to leave and has a 40m 'buyout clause', Bayern offers 40m (about 20m too much) and he still cant leave because of technicalities. It seems like Bilbao wont accept 40m from Bayern and insists that Martinez pays the 40m himself, which opens up a whole lot of taxation and jucidial issues.

Still hope they somehow pull it off... Bilbao isnt winning shit with or without Martinez (or Llorente for that matter) anyway. It's all about their fucking president and his chances of re-election in autumn.

Also, signing only basque players is borderline racist imo.

FootballFan

albiol will start for madrid, barca wins 4-0

just watch extended highlights

Aww have some confidence, ruins it when I keep hearing Madridistas saying they will lose 5-0. It's damage control, win-win scenario sort of attitude, if you lose, you say "I told you so" but if you win "holy crap we won with Albiol on!" (not directed at you, just generally what I am seeing).

I hope you are right and we win 4-0 but I don't think Albiol is going to make that big of a difference(from beating us in the last match to losing 4-0 because of 1 player, doesn't sound likely).

Should be fun though, usually is. :)

I personally prefer goals where a player would just run past 3-4 players of the opposition team and put the ball in the back of the net. Just like that Ben Arfa goal and this gem by Messi.

messi-goal-vs-real-madrid-o.gif

I love that goal/gif/dribble/Messi. Amazing.

This was my favourite, far and away. You can leave your individual wonder strikes at home:

25soeo3.jpg.gif

This is amazing too, can't stop watching the gif sometimes.

Individual brilliance(running, dribbling, tricking, scoring) and team goals are awesome, long rangers are kinda mehh. You see long range goals into the top corner in 3rd division games because pretty much anyone can shoot and pray. You can't really dribble past 5 players with luck, or do that quick slick passing like that ManUnited GIF... In my opinion that is.

Also since we're all posted goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxyYSoblpcI&feature=related

Best goal of all time. What a team <3

Holy crap. Dat Passing.

Napoli's Gargano joined Inter. What a stupid backward step by Napoli.

Wtf... And they didn't even sell him, he is on loan. Such a dumb deal from Napoli for a 28 year old that they should just keep.

Guys, this is amazing.

Büttner is kind of a 'gipsy', or how the hell you call it there in the UK. Anyhow, they had a party last night in his neigbourhood because of his transfer to ManU. Haha look at this shit!

:lol holy crap. Hahaha

Salvadora

QPR target Jermain Defoe deal as Tottenham chase Leandro Damião
Jermain Defoe's future at Tottenham Hotspur remains uncertain as the club pushes to sign the long-term target Leandro Damião of Internacional, despite having completed the permanent transfer of Emmanuel Adebayor for £5.5m from Manchester City.

QPR, who have agreed a £9m deal with Tottenham for the defender Michael Dawson, are interested in taking Defoe, who has previously played in London for Charlton Athletic and West Ham United.

André Villas-Boas has said that he wants three strikers this season to compete for the one starting berth in his 4-3-3 formation, with the third being the 19-year-old Harry Kane.

The manager's rationale is that it can be problematic to have too many established players fighting for a single place, with the third choice, inevitably, left to feel frustrated at his lack of sufficient minutes.

Defoe does not appear to be a natural fit for the lone striker role in a 4-3-3 and he and his agent have already had talks with Villas-Boas this summer to discuss the situation.

Villas-Boas has said the right things in public about the England international, who contributed 17 goals for Tottenham last season and scored in their opening day defeat at Newcastle United on Saturday, but if the club can finalise the pursuit of Damião, the Brazil No9, then Defoe might find himself surplus to requirement.

Villas-Boas has tracked Damião throughout the summer and Tottenham have sent a representative to Porto Alegre in an attempt to secure the player's &#8364;20m signing. Damião impressed for Brazil during the Olympic Games in London. Tottenham are also interested in the Shakhtar Donetsk attacking midfielder Willian.

Villas-Boas's squad rebuild is taking shape, with Tom Huddlestone loaned to Stoke City for the season and Sébastien Bassong having joined Norwich City on a permanent basis.

The manager remains open to offers for Heurelho Gomes, David Bentley, Jermaine Jenas, Giovani dos Santos and Rafael van der Vaart while Luka Modric's proposed transfer to Real Madrid continues to drag.

Dawson has been moved on as Villas-Boas considers him to lack mobility and to be behind Younes Kaboul, William Gallas, Jan Vertonghen and Steven Caulker in the central defensive pecking order.

He used Dawson as the club captain during pre-season, following Ledley King's retirement, as he was the "reference" point from last season, when he was the vice-captain, but Villas-Boas said last Thursday that he would not announce his captain for the season until the transfer window had neared its end and he had "a better idea of the players that stay with us and come in". Dawson's departure, as such, had been advertised.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/22/qpr-jermain-defoe-spurs-damiao

It's borderline insane: player wants to leave and has a 40m 'buyout clause', Bayern offers 40m (about 20m too much) and he still cant leave because of technicalities. It seems like Bilbao wont accept 40m from Bayern and insists that Martinez pays the 40m himself, which opens up a whole lot of taxation and jucidial issues.

Still hope they somehow pull it off... Bilbao isnt winning shit with or without Martinez (or Llorente for that matter) anyway. It's all about their fucking president and his chances of re-election in autumn.

Also, signing only basque players is borderline racist imo.
Their policy is they don't sell their players willingly.

Nothing wrong with that. The buy-out clause is there for Martinez to trigger it if he wants. What will they do with their money? 20m, 40m...it's unlikely they can get another player of Martinez's quality with that money.

Which is due to their policy of Basque-only. I don't think it's racist, that's too harsh. It's their choice. I guess you can criticise it but fair enough, they want their club to represent their heritage only...there's something to be admired there.

dc89

Aguero out for a month hey?

Well there's an international break after we play QPR and then no games until September 15th so he may only miss 2-3 games.

Arnie

That United goal is sublime. Was that the charity shield a year ago?

I think Cleverley's played about three games in a United shirt since then.

Michu is up to 6.7 in FF already. Good job I got him in on Saturday evening before his price rocketed.

I don't think we bent over and took it regarding Cesc. Song was a completely different situation.
I think you had to sell eventually but you should have got alot more money for him. Especially up front.

Arnie

Messi's a cool looking dude, and I'm repeatedly genuinely blown away with the shape he's in now.

And that looks like Barcelona training gear, to me, something I wholeheartedly approve of. Nothing beats a good selection of training gear, just a shame Warrior's looks very hit and miss. Don't know whether to pull the trigger on some naughty items.

fuenf

Nothing wrong with that. The buy-out clause is there for Martinez to trigger it if he wants. What will they do with their money? 20m, 40m...it's unlikely they can get another player of Martinez's quality with that money.

Hehe yeah, kinda like Bayern getting a taste of their own medicine. ;) I just think that it's absurd to desperately hold onto a player who clearly wants to leave (didnt like it in Hargreaves' case either). Bilbao will get their 40m eitherway, the only question is how much Bayern has to pay to get it their. Well it's a legitimate tactic for Bilbao to make him as expensive as possible but it's certainly not very classy.

Which is due to their policy of Basque-only. I don't think it's racist, that's too harsh. It's their choice. I guess you can criticise it but fair enough, they want their club to represent their heritage only...there's something to be admired there.

I'm not a fan of this heritage bullshit, it might not be outright racist but it's a first step and should be a thing of the past.

GorillaJu

Wasn't it Hixx that was saying Henderson's best footballing at Sunderland came as a creative midfielder with no defensive duties? I wonder if we'll be using him at all as the furthest forward of the midfield three.

sneaky77

For the record the elections in Bilbao were last summer. No elections this fall.

Bayern hissy fit is glorious every day someone new complaining in the press. Heynkes coached Bilbao in the 90s he knows how it works.

We don't need the money. Bayern were warned that we were not selling and somehow they are surprised we treat it as a hostile move? Martinez renewed last yr. Bayern broke plenty of rules in this process

Feorax

Wasn't it Hixx that was saying Henderson's best footballing at Sunderland came as a creative midfielder with no defensive duties? I wonder if we'll be using him at all as the furthest forward of the midfield three.

I hope so. We really can't rely on Gerrard to pull out the world beating performances anymore, especially away from home.

Wilbur

Banned
Guys, this is amazing.

Büttner is kind of a 'gipsy', or how the hell you call it there in the UK. Anyhow, they had a party last night in his neigbourhood because of his transfer to ManU. Haha look at this shit!

Movie here: http://www.omroepgelderland.nl/web/Nieuws-1/1736881/Buurt-bouwt-feestje-voor-en-met-Buttner.htm (that guy to the right of him _O_ )

He is my new favourite player of all time.

BUTTNER WHOAH
OH BUTTNER WHOAH
LIVES IN A CARAVAN
HE SHAGGED WAYNE ROONEY'S NAN

BUTTNER WHOAH
OH BUTTNER WHOAH
A GYPSY THROUGH AND THROUGH
OUT TO FUCKING GET YOU

BUTTNER WHOAH
OH BUTTNER WHOAH
BETTER LEFT BACK THAN PAT
WATCH OUT SUAREZ YOU TWAT

BUTTNER WHOAH
OH BUTTNER WHOAH
LIVES IN A CARAVAN

BUTTNER WHOAH
OH BUTTNER WHOAH
OUT TO FUCKING GET YOU

BUTTNER WHOAH
OH BUTTNER WHOAH
:lol

Slizz

BUTTNER WHOAH
OH BUTTNER WHOAH
LIVES IN A CARAVAN

BUTTNER WHOAH
OH BUTTNER WHOAH
OUT TO FUCKING GET YOU

BUTTNER WHOAH
OH BUTTNER WHOAH

Fucking :lol

Wessiej

BUTTNER WHOAH
OH BUTTNER WHOAH
LIVES IN A CARAVAN

BUTTNER WHOAH
OH BUTTNER WHOAH
OUT TO FUCKING GET YOU

BUTTNER WHOAH
OH BUTTNER WHOAH

I will sing him goodbye with this song. Amazing

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I admire their policy but it's chaining their club down. They don't have to reinvest the money in players, they can use it on their assets/stadium or pay their debts (if there's any).

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5wsAekHrubE/S9FshjakWfI/AAAAAAAAAQw/VPTgytnq8s0/s1600/jojo_cover.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I don't even like anime, but I loved Jojo way back! Mostly thanks to the Dreamcast game :p

Feorax

So you will rely on Henderson?? :lol

Hardly, but he's not a bad option to have.

I made this point a few weeks ago, but we haven't had a decent number 10 in years, and we desperately need one, since we'll probably play 4-2-3-1 away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom