• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves and Sunderland agree for Steven Fletcher (around £14m), good riddance! and Wolves also considering West Hams latest bid for Matt Jarvis (£10m, £7m upfront and £3m in addons)...

Meier

#mcfc starlet John Guidetti is to pledge his future to the club with a new long-term contract that will be followed by a loan move. [Sky]

@City_Watch.

Good lad John.

Very pleased about this. The club needs to keep him long term and not give him away for pennies on the dollar. I am hoping he can get loaned out to a PL team so we can see how he'd fare. Hopefully the nervous system/leg injury thing wasn't entirely true and he doesn't miss out on going during the window.

Wolves and Sunderland agree for Steven Fletcher (around £14m), good riddance! and Wolves also considering West Hams latest bid for Matt Jarvis (£10m, £7m upfront and £3m in addons)...

Don't mean to sound patronising, but you can do a lot of great business in the Championship for £24million. That could get you 5 players to almost guarantee promotion if you spend it wisely :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
In defense of Arsenal-GAF, any team would finish 16th with 10 players ;)

Edit: Beaten by Wilbury. And I LOVED IT.

Scans? They suck ass, terrible quality. :/ Anyway, I recommend you start with Part 3, Vol. 1: http://www.viz.com/product?id=4659. The single arcs are pretty much self-contained. You really only want/need to read Part 3 and 4 anyway, it's where the 'Stand' gets introduced. It's not the easiest manga to get into, but once you get it, once it clicks with you ... man, so good.

The stands were the most interesting aspect of Jojo and I bet It's where most of the creativity you were talking about comes from too? Alright, I'll start from part 3 then!

Slizz

SpKlI.jpg

2eIrF.jpg

qindarka

Banned
Wolves are the ones who backed down man. Everyone who was paying attention to the deal knew what was going to happen after what has come out of Wolves this week.

Say, don't Sunderland have too many strikers now. If I remember correctly, they only play with one up front but have Campbell, Ji, Wickham and now Saha as well as Fletcher.

Jimrpg

Welcome! Grats on beating ManU! Sorry about your upcoming loss on Saturday!

:)

haha thanks! beating man u in the prem has happened 3 times in the last 15 years? something like that anyway...

haha we'll see - villa park is a tough place to go but everton look like they are playing right where they left off from last season.

dc89

Daily Mail are still on about De Rossi to City.

Don't they realise deDay was yesterday and he bottled it.

/bluemoon

K1LLER7

Rumours Herrera to United is close. If we sign him it's one of the best transfer windows we've had.

world class striker, attacking mid, a CM/DCM, LB, 2 young players for the future.

Hixx

Let's say our targets come off (Fletcher and AJ looking very likely, Dempsey a real longshot) - a front 4 of

AJ --- Sess --- Dempsey/McClean

------- Fletcher

Oh aye.

Say, don't Sunderland have too many strikers now. If I remember correctly, they only play with one up front but have Campbell, Ji, Wickham and now Saha as well as Fletcher.

Campbell is awful and will probably leave sometime this season. Ji will probably be someone to step in if Fletcher is injured, Wickham will probably go on loan and Saha will be the bench warmer.

Do you have any idea when you'll put the offer in for Bendtner?

O'Neill obviously doesn't rate him.

amitaiwinehouse

Neo Member
Here's my attempt at summing up the day's news in what I hope is a humorous style for my site (yes, it is vaguely nicked from The Guardian's Fiver):

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated and any football related comments/criticisms will be put in tomorrow's version. Cheers!

Meier

Have you slapped someone with a fish yet?

I picked one up in the Bam Bam Club but didn't technically kill anyone with it since I kept getting hit and dropping it. Are there other chances? I want that achievement!

Whether you like Noel or not, he's always a good interview and knows his stuff. Talksport have a lengthy interview with him up for those interested:

Part 1: http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/an...usive-noel-gallagher-podcast-part-one-179220?
Part 2: http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/an...usive-noel-gallagher-podcast-part-two-179221?

madmackem

Got around 5 goals between them last season, there too young and campbells case he wont ever make a top flight striker.

Meier

So Dempsey wants to leave Fulham for...............

........Sunderland?

wat

At this point I don't think he has much of a chance. Martin Jol backtracked a bit on his comments about Clint refusing to play but I think it'd be tough for him to come back. For some reason there is a relative lack of interest apparently.

I honestly think the fact he's American isn't helping him in the market.

Salazar

Rumours Herrera to United is close. If we sign him it's one of the best transfer windows we've had.

world class striker, attacking mid, a CM/DCM, LB, 2 young players for the future.

I can only be happy when Clegg is happy.

And we will need to batter Fulham to death for that to happen.

At this point I don't think he has much of a chance. Martin Jol backtracked a bit on his comments about Clint refusing to play but I think it'd be tough for him to come back. For some reason there is a relative lack of interest apparently.

Why?

Don't think that comes into it.

Fulham's price tag is probably the problem.

He wouldn't start for Newcastle, if that's what you're asking.
Thank Ky. You the man.

Hixx

Yeah think he's burned his bridges and if its true Liverpool have pulled out, we could have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom