• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Büttner's mates look hard. He seems like he has a sense of humour. Might have pace. Seems to be able to smash in the occasional chance.

pappe

Our friend Football Agent is back with this hot new gossip.
Football Agent ‏@agent_153

This no longer seems a race between #CFC and #MCFC to buy #Cavani, rather a competition between Sheikh Mansour and Abramovich.

I spent an hour at ewood park at lunch, twice I went to the checkout to get my ticket and walked away before I finally buckled

I hate these *censored* but I've gone to Rovers all my life

Never felt as empty renewing before

Wilbur

Banned
I spent an hour at ewood park at lunch, twice I went to the checkout to get my ticket and walked away before I finally buckled

I hate these *censored* but I've gone to Rovers all my life

Never felt as empty renewing before

You've done the right thing I think. It's your club, don't let them stop you from watching it.

He'll be gone soon enough anyway.

Zabojnik

I don't even like Anime, but I loved Jojo way back! Mostly thanks to the Dreamcast game :p

I've never seen the undoubtedly inferior anime version, but you really should read the manga. It's fucking amazing. Hirohiko Araki is a genius. The series is broken into arcs, each of which stars a descendant of the Joestar family. If nothing else, read Part 3 (Jotaro Kujo) and Part 4 (Josuke Higashikata). A fucking explosion of artistic and storytelling creativity. Parts 1 and 2 are a bit rough, but worth it, Part 5 is where it starts losing steam. Parts 3 and 4 might be the best thing I've ever read as far as manga are concerned.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You've done the right thing I think. It's your club, don't let them stop you from watching it.

He'll be gone soon enough anyway.

I'm going alone this year as my dad is refusing to renew

What worried me is if I stopped I may never return and I want to take the boy in a couple of years

We'll be here when they've gone!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
https://twitter.com/agent_153

His TL puts Bob Cass to shame!

I've never seen the undoubtedly inferior anime version, but you really should read the manga. It's fucking amazing. Hirohiko Araki is a genius. The series is broken into arcs, each of which stars a descendant of the Joestar family. If nothing else, read Part 3 (Jotaro Kujo) and Part 4 (Josuke Higashikata). A fucking explosion of artistic and storytelling creativity. Parts 1 and 2 are a bit rough, but worth it, Part 5 is where it starts losing steam. Parts 3 and 4 might be the best thing I've ever read as far as manga are concerned.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow
at work
zJ21o.gif

bud

Who was the striker in that awesome gif where he misses an open goal, and then someone replaced his facial expression with various smileys?

If anyone has that gif, please post it.

i thought i had it, but i don't. i know which one you're talking about and i hope someone else will post it.

i did find this one, though:

B6Ybw.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Arsenal will finish 3rd or 4th. Every year people write them off and every year they finish up there. They're the Wigan of the top half.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arsenal below Liverpool? What madness is this

While that is nonsense, I do think Arsenal could, and I stress could, be in for an awkward season. Their two main strikers are new to the PL, their midfield looks more lightweight than ever and Walcott and Gervinho are still dubious. I just don't see them being able to go on the same run they went on last spring without the Song ---> Chip over the top --->RVP volley that got them 3rd last season. Cazorla will be the one having to carry this team now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ramirez agent: "Negotiations with Southampton have definitely ended. They are now looking elsewhere. Tottenham? They are not offering what Bologna want. Liverpool? They have never presented a concrete offer."

i thought i had it, but i don't. i know which one you're talking about and i hope someone else will post it.

i did find this one, though:

http://i.imgur.com/B6Ybw.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Memes are the worst thing to ever happen to the internet.

Salvadora

The truth behind Alex Song's departure from Arsenal #AFC
Alex Song was sold by Arsenal, rather than him leaving being another player 'leaving'.

The problem's started last season, when Song became agitated about his contract situation and it started to affect his on-field performance. The management were furious with his lack of defensive discipline and laziness towards the end of last season, in particular after the loss of Mikel Arteta to injury. Song didn't jet off to his summer holidays on best terms with the Arsenal staff.

Pre-season began, and Song's Agent (Darren Dein) approached Arsenal for talks over improved terms for his client. Arsenal let Darren Dein know that Song had 3 years remaining and would only be willing to sit down with him once other situations had been sorted. After that, Song's attitude in training became a serious problem.

Song had always been a bit flashy and was sometimes late & slow, however he'd now become disruptive and was deemed to not be working hard enough, openly bragging about how much Barcelona want him to his teammates. This problem came to a head in Cologne, where Steve Bould, Arsene's new right-hand man, "almost had Alex Song by the throat for being lazy and not listening to instructions". Alex Song's Arsenal career was in the balance.

The tipping point for Arsenal was when they found out his Agent, Darren Dein, had been offering him around Europe to other clubs; Barcelona in particular. They believed Dein agreed a contract for Song with Barca to force their hand into giving him improved terms; however, it did quite the opposite with Arsenal being "disgusted" with this behvaiour. A few days after the First-Team had returned from Cologne, Alex Song was told he could leave.

After knocking down approaches earlier in the Summer, Arsenal let Barcelona know that Song was now available at the right price, and they were happy to negotiate. Barca came in, and a deal was wrapped up relatively quickly for two clubs who don't hold the best working relationship.

It was Arsenal's choice to sell Song, and although to the naked eye it seems he's gone on to better himself, the fact Arsenal have let him go with 3 years left for a fee they could have easily commanded next year, shows how they were happy to let
Interesting stuff from AFCCAMDEN.

Zabojnik

https://twitter.com/agent_153

His TL puts Bob Cass to shame!

I'll give it a shot tomorrow
at work
zJ21o.gif

Scans? They suck ass, terrible quality. :/ Anyway, I recommend you start with Part 3, Vol. 1: http://www.viz.com/product?id=4659. The single arcs are pretty much self-contained. You really only want/need to read Part 3 and 4 anyway, it's where the 'Stand' gets introduced. It's not the easiest manga to get into, but once you get it, once it clicks with you ... man, so good.

kharma45

Alexander Büttner: "A month ago I might have asked for Rooney's autograph if I had met him unexpectedly, but now I'm just one of the boys."

3Sixty

Ramirez agent: "Negotiations with Southampton have definitely ended. They are now looking elsewhere. Tottenham? They are not offering what Bologna want. Liverpool? They have never presented a concrete offer."

Such a headache of a deal. Plenty of people saying its still on and this is all negotiation bollocks and the Agent trying to drum up interest in case it does fall off.

I'm passed caring, if he signs great, if not, im sure we'll get someone else.

I'd say so.

Thierry Henry - Good fee, mutual respect, 8 years' service
Emmanuel Adebayor - Acts like a tit pre and post-transfer, mercenary
Gael Clichy - Winds contract down to leave on a free
Cesc Fabregas - Lets things boil to a ridiculous degree, strings Arsenal fans along
Van Persie - Leaves to rivals, winds contract down

Surely you should stop doing business with this Darren Dein character?

Choc

Banned
RVP staying in the premier league was idiotic

he would have been an arsenal legend had he gone to Spain, Germany or italy

but nope he had to fuck it right up didn't he

Anderson

Thierry Henry - Good fee, mutual respect, 8 years' service
Emmanuel Adebayor - Acts like a tit pre and post-transfer, mercenary
Gael Clichy - Winds contract down to leave on a free
Cesc Fabregas - Lets things boil to a ridiculous degree, strings Arsenal fans along
Van Persie - Leaves to rivals, winds contract down

Surely you should stop doing business with this Darren Dein character?

As far as I know we can't ban players from hiring any agent they like but how I wish Dein would just f off now, dunno if it's a personal vendetta for the arsenal board ousting his father

dc89

#mcfc starlet John Guidetti is to pledge his future to the club with a new long-term contract that will be followed by a loan move. [Sky]

@City_Watch.

Good lad John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom