• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
A06NCmhCAAAovTZ.jpg

dat swag

dc89

"According to my sources Cavani is at Manchester Airport having a swift pint with #basedmarwood before they go to The Etihad to sign a deal."

Do you think I could disguise myself as a agent on Twitter guy?

Scum

"According to my sources Cavani is at Manchester Airport having a swift pint with #basedmarwood before they go to The Etihad to sign a deal."

Do you think I could disguise myself as a agent on Twitter guy?

I thought you were Twitter guy?

He used to be great pre-Juve times, but he lost his pace and his ability to locate and distribute the ball. Perhaps he is a confidence player and need the right manager to sort him out. I personally thought he performed rather admirably at the Euros.

Don't think he played at all in the euros, must be thinking about Kvist or Zimling. The second player in history to ever play in all the 5 biggest leagues, clearly quality! ;)

Apparently he did really well with Evian in the last season though and they really wanted to extend his contract but if clubs like Ajax were interested it's obvious why he didn't want to.

Wessiej

Probably good enough for Ajax. He used to be class at both Sevilla and Schalke but his Juve and Liverpool performances weren't exactly great, at Evian he however was great and played a big part of them staying up. Defensive midfielder without any skills really going forward, can also play central defense.

He had talked about returning to Copenhagen when it looked like we would surely get into CL, guess missing it changed his mind, would have loved him back here. :(

Okay, well he was free so let's see how he do it this season.

tralfazz

avb.jpg

Hey everybody. Been a lurker in the community awhile. Love the atmosphere in here. Very friendly.

Clubs I adore: Chelsea
Other clubs I follow: none
Players I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan of their team: Drogba, Anelka, Ozil, Dempsey
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: none
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Arsenal
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: ManC
Clubs I despise: Barcelona, ManU, QPR, just about any MLS team because of the constant oversell here in the US. It's about neck and neck with the WNBA in oversell vs. under deliver ratio.

Wilbur

Banned
Why do so many peope hate QPR?

Billy Big Bollocks attitude, buying a million players for the fucking sake of it, Hughes, Barton, Taraabt, Zamora and an owner that seems to know fuck all about the sport and is an irritating bastard. Plus their old manager was Colin Wanker

Wessiej

Billy Big Bollocks attitude, buying a million players for the fucking sake of it, Hughes, Barton, Taraabt, Zamora and an owner that seems to know fuck all about the sport and is an irritating bastard. Plus their old manager was Colin Wanker

Wanker, há.

Allright, always had a sympathy for them because I was thinking they were broke as fuck and never bought someone so the Park-deal seemed amazing to me, but apparently it's not hehe.

Okay now I dont like them! Go Swansea City!

faridmon

Oh, Its that game I have missed.

Clubs I adore: Everton
Other clubs I follow: Vålerenga
Players I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan of their team: Sunderland, Swansea, Championship, Swindon, Dortmund, Hannover 96 (because of Moa <3), Roma, Atletico Madrid, Malmö FF, Nagoya Grampus
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Liverpool, Man City (because we beat them all the time)
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Newcastle, Tottenham (mostly because of their fans) Rosenborg
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: Barca to certain degree
Clubs I despise: Lyn (fuck thos guys), Hamkam, FC København, Köln, Wolverhampton.

G17

I thought they mentioned the duration already. One month, wasn't it?

The club haven't officially said how long he is out for yet. Mancini did reference "weeks" though. We'll find out the exact length of time today.

“If it is a serious injury, we will probably change our plans,” Mancini said. “Maybe he is out for a week, or three or four weeks, or after the international break.

Source

confuziz

Banned
Clubs I adore: PSV
Other clubs I follow: Manchester City, FC Twente (my hometown)
Players I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan of their team: Swansea, Newcastle, Juventus, Napoli, Barcelona, Valencia, Bilbao, Borussia Dortmund, Gladbach,
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Feyenoord, AZ
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: QPR, Bayern Munchen, Vitesse
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: PSG, Sporting Lissabon, Benfica
Clubs I despise: Ajax, Manchester United, Real Madrid, AC Milan

pulga

Banned
It's Macheda's birthday today! Happy birthday!

And what's this about 18 mil for Lich? FUCK OFF PSG YOU MASSIVE JTS

It's borderline insane: player wants to leave and has a 40m 'buyout clause', Bayern offers 40m (about 20m too much) and he still cant leave because of technicalities. It seems like Bilbao wont accept 40m from Bayern and insists that Martinez pays the 40m himself, which opens up a whole lot of taxation and jucidial issues.

Still hope they somehow pull it off... Bilbao isnt winning shit with or without Martinez (or Llorente for that matter) anyway. It's all about their fucking president and his chances of re-election in autumn.

Also, signing only basque players is borderline racist imo.

I definitely took a big gamble and deducted 16 points from my team rather than use the wildcard for transfers. Hope I don't regret it...

Arnie

Are you appealing the red card?

Nope, and there's no point, it was a red card. Whether it was inside the box I'm still debating, but it was last man and it was a clumsy nudge (though Long made the most of it, as any tricky striker would). We've got to suck it up and play Carragher, though I'd much rather play Coates, he was excellent against Leverkusen just a couple of weeks ago.

Salvadora

Why would they appeal it? It was pretty clear cut and he will only be banned for one game anyway.
Premier ass got his rescinded and it was clear.
Agger wants to I think, club will probably accept the one-match ban in case the appeal is deemed frivolous, and the ban extended.

Nope, and there's no point, it was a red card. Whether it was inside the box I'm still debating, but it was last man and it was a clumsy nudge (though Long made the most of it, as any tricky striker would). We've got to suck it up and play Carragher, though I'd much rather play Coates, he was excellent against Leverkusen just a couple of weeks ago.
Yeah the ban extended would be shite.

Premier ass got his rescinded and it was clear.

Yeah the ban extended would be shite.

There should be a 3-man panel that decided immediately after a red card if the decision has any wriggle-room for appeal, so clubs don't have to decide whether they're risking an extra game ban for having the cheek to try and prove the FA wrong

qindarka

Banned
Ivanovic didn't get his ban rescinded. It just turned out that he wasn't banned in the first place due to a change in rules for the Community Shield that we weren't aware of initially.

Jabo

I come back home to find out that Pato is out for 6 weeks...................................

SHIP HIS FUCKING ASS IM DONE WHIT THIS SHIT

In other news we just signed Ze Eduardo from our branch in Genoa. Hope he's good since he seemed pretty decent in Santos, I trust Genoa's scouts.

Edit: HOLY SHIT ITS THE OTHER THIGH NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom