• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've followed NBA rather sparingly the past few years but now, riding on a wave of Olympic fever I'm looking forward to actually following a season in it's entirety.

Problem is, I don't have a team to follow and following a sport is always so much more exciting when emotionally invested. I've narrowed it down to 3 and need some guidance!

Chicago Bulls - Luol Deng is kind of British so there's some sort of connection there and obviously, Michael Jordan.

Lakers - Feel myself being drawn towards them but don't want to be seen as bandwagoning/glory hunting considering my other sporting love! However Kobe is a boss and I'm going to be very near to LA for about 2 months next year so it gives me chance to go to a game.

Denver Nuggets - top, top name.

Pick the Lakers. You'll be called a glory-hunter or a lifelong, but it's worth it. Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, and Pau Gasol. hhhnnnnnnggggghhh

Cuddler

:(

Speaking of Dzeko, I guess someone forgot to let City know he's already signed for Milan.

dzekomilan.png

C'mon, dc. You guys should totally buy Hulk.
Ahahahahah, I was just joking with you :) I'm pretty sure we can buy Llorente if we really want. Watching the names on the jerseys you can see that Milan is really changing...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Chicago Bulls - Luol Deng is kind of British so there's some sort of connection there and obviously, Michael Jordan.

CHICAGO BULLS! Watch videos of Derrick Rose, it'll help you decide.
He's injured till March

But go for the Lakers, their new team is guaranteed to knock Miami off their throne. And you can't go wrong with Steve Nash

"I've made a huge mistake".

Someone else on Twitter did too.

A0NvD1ZCMAAJEpb.jpg

Ahahahahah, I was just joking with you :) I'm pretty sure we can buy Llorente if we really want. Watching the names on the jerseys you can see that Milan is really changing...

I don't like their low-cost strategy. It never works.

Meier

Silva's second half is like one of those stories you tell about almost catching the biggest fish of your life. It just grows and grows as time goes by. Since he wasn't far and away the best player in the league like he looked for a few months in the first half, his second has gone from simply not being quite as world class to being pretty average for him to being terrible. :lol

City put up a video of every goal scored during the season back in May.. if I were a gif expert, I would have gone through and made some of his assists. They were truly unbelievable.

Clegg

BBC journo Howard Nurse was asked this morning if he'd heard anything about new players signing for United. He replied that nothing was imminent.

5 hours later Angelo Henriquez was having a medical for United. How does this man work for the BBC?

Cuddler

He's injured till March

But go for the Lakers, their new team is guaranteed to knock Miami off their throne. And you can't go wrong with Steve Nash

A0NvD1ZCMAAJEpb.jpg

I don't like their low-cost strategy. It never works.

Hey, Chicago Bulls have Belinelli too this year so that's a plus! I agree with you about Milan, thinking about that, it's really unfortunate, I still remember Kaka playing in Milan, he was so good and so was Thiago Silva, it's really terrible that Serie A keep losing so many champions.
But it's probably good for Juventus since it's the only team that keep improving

He's injured till March

https://p.twimg.com/A0NvD1ZCMAAJEpb.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Well, that's more of a spiritual successor thing, there were a couple of chances to see that. Dzeko? Not so much.
[quote="Yurt, post: 41009798"]I don't like their low-cost strategy. It never works.[/QUOTE]
You'll see this year, it will work. Acerbi will show us the road to our 8th CL, while Constant will teach everybody in Italy how to play football. Meanwhile, Pato will play every single match without getting injured and Allegri will start managing Milan as a football club and not like an Ibra club.
/self-convincing

Wilbur

Banned
Silva's second half is like one of those stories you tell about almost catching the biggest fish of your life. It just grows and grows as time goes by. Since he wasn't far and away the best player in the league like he looked for a few months in the first half, his second has gone from simply not being quite as world class to being pretty average for him to being terrible. :lol

City put up a video of every goal scored during the season back in May.. if I were a gif expert, I would have gone through and made some of his assists. They were truly unbelievable.

Completely disagree, but can't be bothered to elaborate haha.

Is it too late to join a GAF fantasy football league if there is one?

Second post on the first page, quote and the code is in the email tag! The paid one, contact Hitcher

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ballague just said that Alonso has convinced Sahin to join Liverpool, and now it's a matter of negotiating. Oh my.

Ballague talks shit most of the time but it would be an interesting signing. Presumably he'd take Gerrard's place next to Lucas, behind Allen?

3Sixty

I've followed NBA rather sparingly the past few years but now, riding on a wave of Olympic fever I'm looking forward to actually following a season in it's entirety.

Problem is, I don't have a team to follow and following a sport is always so much more exciting when emotionally invested. I've narrowed it down to 3 and need some guidance!

Lakers - Feel myself being drawn towards them but don't want to be seen as bandwagoning/glory hunting considering my other sporting love! However Kobe is a boss and I'm going to be very near to LA for about 2 months next year so it gives me chance to go to a game.

Denver Nuggets - top, top name.

Seattle Sonics!!!

Oh wait

:(

Arnie

Ballague talks shit most of the time but it would be an interesting signing. Presumably he'd take Gerrard's place next to Lucas, behind Allen?
Probably. I'd assume we'd either push Allen forward or drop him into Lucas's position as cover.

Ballague's often spot on with La Liga, and he's very good mates with Alonso.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Haven't got a clue myself. Suppose he could be potentially be coming in to help give Lucas a break.

Sahin is a Modric-type player, expecting him to do Lucas' job when he's never played in the PL would be nuts as Lucas himself took years to get up to speed. He'd probably compete with Gerrard and Allen for one of the other two central positions.

Are there any news on updated player faces for FIFA 13?

The *best RB in the world deserves a real face.

arguably, but Piszczek really is incredible

GorillaJu

Sahin being cover for Allen would be absurd.

I think Sahin is great, but you don't think that perhaps people are overrating him just a tad? Not to pull a Paddy here, but if he was as good as people seem to think he is, I'd imagine Chelsea, United and City would all be looking to prise him away... not just Liverpool and Arsenal, on loan, at that.

That said, I don't think he'd be "cover" for Allen. We will play with a 3 CM midfield and will have 70 games this year. I think Sahin could potentially fill any one of the three spots in midfield, and Allen as well. I think you'd see all the combinations this year:

Lucas/Allen/Gerrard
Lucas/Allen/Sahin
Lucas/Sahin/Gerrard
Allen/Sahin/Gerrard

since all are possible. And Gerrard can play on the right wing as well, where he did some of his most accomplished work under Benitez.

Getting ahead of myself here. I'm not convinced that Sahin is coming our way anyway, but I do think he's probably not quite the player people here seem to think he is.

Sahin is a Modric-type player, expecting him to do Lucas' job when he's never played in the PL would be nuts as Lucas himself took years to get up to speed. He'd probably compete with Gerrard and Allen for one of the other two central positions.

Think you're right. I just can't seem to work exactly how we'd get a deep-lying playmaker in when we just bought a midfielder for 15m to do the job of carrying the ball up between defense and attack.

Fry

Are there any news on updated player faces for FIFA 13?

The *best RB in the world deserves a real face.

arguably, but Piszczek really is incredible

Not sure about him. But Dortmund are in the demo, and that could be an indication you guys have a deal with EA. There's a possibility more of your players got the facial treatment.

Not sure though. You can check on september 11th.

G17

Apparently Ballague reported that Alonso would stay and that Dalglish wouldn't be sacked. Doesn't sound reliable to me. That said, Suarez, Borini, and a fit Sahin definetly give Liverpool a top 5 shot.

bjaelke

£75,000 a week!

Wow. He's gonna be a star but that's alot of dosh.

You have to look at the positive things
only good news is that we sell him in two years time for £15mill rather than leave on a free (english flop)
Very Overrated player (because he's english) ..only good news is that he's on a long term contract we can sell him for £15mill to our feeder club Sunderland in 2 years time

Carbonox

Anyone else get that feel when you have a coffee in the late afternoon (say around now as I've just finished work) and it doesn't give you a kick, instead it makes you even more tired?

I really want a coffee but I know that if I do, there's a good chance I'll end up going for a nap after, irrelevant of how strong I make the coffee. :lol

Also - fuck the lack of Newcastle news today. The sheer incompetence of Newcastle this transfer window is a real marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom