• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the slow-mo of Cavani's tackle on Giovinco @ around 1:30. Now, look, I know it isn't malicious and not worthy of a card but look at how systematic their dirtiness is. Cavani goes in with the foot but also with his hands pushes him from behind.

I don't even have an issue with that style of play, strictly. I get it it. It works for Napoli. Rough the team up a bit and use your pace up front the counter-attack. It's a smart tactic against teams that are more technically gift than you. But don't pretend you're the moral victors as if that means a thing.

I don't buy into the ancient rivalries. I don't really give a shit about Fiorentina one way or another they are so irrelevant to me in the same way that Torino is just another shit team we play once every few years. As far as I'm concerned, calciopoli wiped a lot of that stuff clean. But for me, Napoli has cemented my disgust for them with their childish, schoolyard behaviour and attitude. Their president is a piece of shit and, though he's often right about the FIGC, he's a conniving mother fucker and I don't like him at all. I appreciate Napoli has a lot of talent but they don't do themselves any favour.

-

prima_pagina_grande.jpg

€16m for Bilbao, and €3.5m p.a. for Llorente. Bilbao is expecting around €20m. I think €16 is reasonable but I'll happily pay €20 to get this shit over with.

The paper also says the Pazzini-Quagliarella swap is heating up. Some Twitter commentators (i.e. Adam Digby) calls it a useless swap, but given that both players need motivation it might actually help both teams in the end. Frankly, we need somebody who can put the ball in the net coming off the bench (that was the idea with Borriello, but he's awful). We have Vucinic, Giovinco, and Vidal who can pull off Quagliarella's out of nowhere brilliant goals (which he hasn't done in a while, anyway). We get what we need out of the swap and if Pazzini flops then it's really no harm done.

Wilbur

Banned
Based on last seasons form Kagawa is the better player.

Kermit has called Nasri a proven star and Kagawa a PL nobody. Technically he's correct on the PL 'nobody'.

He's also said:

Nasri is much better than Kagawa right now, Shinji hasn't even kicked a ball in the PL you clowns

At least Nasri is proven. A proven champion!

He's done way more than Shinji has done in the league they now play in

Shinji has potential on his side but remains unproven. Wrap your head around it mate.

Kyoufu

I've spent the last few days nurturing my Napoli squad into Scudetto winners on FM. We aren't at the level I'd like, currently, but we're getting there. Veratti's coming in the summer, and if I have my way, so is Borini.

Some day I'll get into FM. Some day.

I linked all that shit earlier, you newb.

You're not having much luck with your links.

What are you, Newcastle? :p

Wilbur

Banned
If we're using that logic then Nasri>Iniesta

And thats fucking ridiculous.

Kermit hasn't thought this through.

I said that earlier, I said Adam Johnson is better than Messi because he dived against WBA, thus playing a pivotal role in the winning of the Premier League and is now a proven star.

Nasri has some PL experience at least. Hard to compare the two until Shinji has some games unedr his belt.

I understand that, but the logic of Nasri > Kagawa simply because of that means he's open to straw man arguments

All this Napoli bashing is making me dislike Juventus.

Dislike Juventus all you want, I'm not fussed. Napoli--the team, its owners, and half of its players--are thugs and they are deceiving themselves by thinking otherwise.

I'm not saying Juventus is the reincarnation of the Virgin Mary, but we sure look it compared to Napoli.

I fucking HATE the moral dishonesty that's going on in Serie A at the moment and it all starts with the FIGC and their posturing.

The only team in my mind who can ever claim to be the moral winners of anything are Udinese. They run a tight business, they never complain about this that or the other, they are loyal to their players who are loyal to them, they reward their fans with success and good football.

The trick is to dislike both.

Care about winning? NO -> Love crazy owners? YES -> Eat Burger King? YES -> Palermo

Arnie

Dislike Juventus all you want, I'm not fussed. Napoli--the team, its owners, and half of its players--are thugs and they are deceiving themselves by thinking otherwise.

I'm not saying Juventus is the reincarnation of the Virgin Mary, but we sure look it compared to Napoli.

I fucking HATE the moral dishonesty that's going on in Serie A at the moment and it all starts with the FIGC and their posturing.

The only team in my mind who can ever claim to be the moral winners of anything are Udinese. They run a tight business, they never complain about this that or the other, they are loyal to their players who are loyal to them, they reward their fans with success and good football.
Cavani looks so sexy though.

Arnie

Surely we obliterated the myth of 'premier-league proven' last season?

True, but I also think it'd be unfair to lump Nasri in the same category as Downing.

Kermit does have a point, Nasri was excellent against Chelsea, and people seem to overlook their qualities for a flavour of the month signing, like Kagawa. I think Kagawa's good, but it'd be a stretch of the imagination to say he'll be a better player than Nasri, at this point.

Kagawa will make a huge difference at United though.

Wilbur

Banned
True, but I also think it'd be unfair to lump Nasri in the same category as Downing.

Kermit does have a point, Nasri was excellent against Chelsea, and people seem to overlook their qualities for a flavour of the month signing, like Kagawa. I think Kagawa's good, but it'd be a stretch of the imagination to say he'll be a better player than Nasri, at this point.

Kagawa will make a huge difference at United though.

To be honest that isn't the argument he was making. It's that Nasri is a far better player because he's won something in the PL.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*making sense*
The domestic hate/rivalry never bothered me, because Juventini outnumber them all combined anyway :p It's funny really, but I enjoy it.

And it made this even more sweeter.

Sulley-Muntari-007.jpg

ZCzA3.gif

Look at the slow-mo of Cavani's tackle on Giovinco @ around 1:30. Now, look, I know it isn't malicious and not worthy of a card but look at how systematic their dirtiness is. Cavani goes in with the foot but also with his hands pushes him from behind.

I don't even have an issue with that style of play, strictly. I get it it. It works for Napoli. Rough the team up a bit and use your pace up front the counter-attack. It's a smart tactic against teams that are more technically gift than you. But don't pretend you're the moral victors as if that means a thing.

It was fine at first, but then they kicked it up a notch and it stopped being technical fouls. Late LATE tackles and kneeing Vidal on the head while he was down, really now?

fadetoblack said:
*also making a lot of sense*
Quag is not doing it for me anymore, I would rather gamble on their Quag. Both of them are bound to the bench anyway and they know it.

A couple of weeks left and we still have no idea what the hell is Marotta doing (in a bad way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom