• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose Spoke to Big Sam about transfer targets and he admitted West Ham had failed with 95% of their targets and he is trying to get 2 or 3 more in

:lol Fat Sam.

Not sure about him. But Dortmund are in the demo, and that could be an indication you guys have a deal with EA. There's a possibility more of your players got the facial treatment.

Not sure though. You can check on september 11th.
I think we already have some deal with EA for at least one year, not sure if longer. Not sure if it's the same one clubs like United or Real have. We had about 50% of the first team with real faces.

I don't get really get how the choose faces, though. In 12, all our German national players had a face (Hummels, Schmelzer, Bender, Götze and Großkreutz), that makes sense. The other two players that got one were Kuba and Lewandowski (who was called a rather shit striker back then lol) but no Piszczek, so they didn't do the Polish national team either. Well let's hope for some more faces.

Carbonox

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose Spoke to Big Sam about transfer targets and he admitted West Ham had failed with 95% of their targets and he is trying to get 2 or 3 more in

:lol Fat Sam.

Hah, hardly surprising though. What sort of player with even a tiny percentage of self respect would go near that team and him?

Fry

^^^^

I think it's because: Kuba was in the Polish cover, they always scan the players that are in the covers.

Lewa already had a custom face since Fifa 11 If I'm not mistaken. He wasn't scanned, but 'handmade'.

It's the same case of Alaba. Bayern didn't get the treatment, but he has a new face. We can only assume he'll be in the Austrian cover.

iuhFtrLfh9pkr.png

G17

Our EA sponsorship must have a clause to include us in the demo every year haha.

The whole Sahin saga is a bit confusing right now.. Marca claim that he wants to go to Arsenal but that Mou would block it and have him go to Liverpool. Then you have Ballague claiming Sahin is wants go to Liverpool, and finally the random twitter ITK's claiming that the deal is done with Arsenal.

Arnie

Apparently Ballague reported that Alonso would stay and that Dalglish wouldn't be sacked. Doesn't sound reliable to me. That said, Suarez, Borini, and a fit Sahin definetly give Liverpool a top 5 shot.

Ballague's shaky outside of La Liga, in terms of La Liga clubs and specifically players from the Spain squad he's very reliable. He's a bit of a mouthpiece at times, relaying information that clubs have told him, for better or for worse, but if he says Alonso's convinced Sahin and that work was invaluable then I'm inclined to believe him.

Again, it's his link to the Spanish players that gets him the real scoops, for example, Torres.

Our EA sponsorship must have a clause to include us in the demo every year haha.

The whole Sahin saga is a bit confusing right now.. Marca claim that he wants to go to Arsenal but that Mou would block it and have him go to Liverpool. Then you have Ballague claiming Sahin is wants go to Liverpool, and finally the random twitter ITK's claiming that the deal is done with Arsenal.

Doesn't seem that confusing if you omit the random Twitter ITK, which as a rule of thumb you always should.

I think it's because: Kuba was in the Polish cover, they always scan the players that are in the covers.

Lewa already had a custom face since Fifa 11 If I'm not mistaken. He wasn't scanned, but 'handmade'.

It's the same case of Alaba. Bayern didn't get the treatment, but he has a new face. We can only assume he'll be in the Austrian cover.

http://i.minus.com/iuhFtrLfh9pkr.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Looks like you're right, just checked and Lewy's face looked way shittier than I remembered it lol

I'll be mad if Piszczek and Reus look exactly the same in 13, though.

GorillaJu

Why are random Twitter ITKs even a part of the equation? Not even worth mentioning IMO.

Wilbur

Banned
Because it's true. He definitely struggled in February and March but it's not like he was awful as if some people let on. He still put in a number of key performances.

This 2011/2012 compilation video is jawdropping multiple times: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn8kMayxSu0. The bits at 0:30, 0:52-1:12 and 2:45 are otherworldly.

I disagree, but won't elaborate because it's true?

No. He dropped off quite a lot. He looked devoid of fitness, was misplacing a lot of passes, went missing from games before a little resurgence in form at the end of the season.

G17

That's true I see him going to Liverpool even if the Arsenal ITK is supposedly reliable, Ballague has a good record. (Broke our hearts during the Mata deal first)

elsk

Banned
I don't get the big deal about the faces in FIFA, having a good career mode even with pure shitty random faces is more important to me.

Arnie

That's true I see him going to Liverpool even if the Arsenal ITK is supposedly reliable, Ballague has a good record. (Broke our hearts during the Mata deal first)

It's a massive u-turn if it is true, because it wasn't a secret that he preferred a move to Arsenal as of yesterday. If it does come to fruition then Liverpool owe a huge debt of gratitude to Alonso once again. Can't put into words how much I love that man.

Fry

I don't get the big deal about the faces in FIFA, having a good career mode even with pure shitty random faces is more important to me.

Real faces is a big part of the realism it brings to the table, and I really love it. I don't mind having shitty faces to random teams, but if you're playing Bayern x Barca for instance, you'll want to see all those players looking like they are in real life.

GorillaJu

We'll see. It'll happen soon, either way. Either team will be getting a good player, no doubt.

I have a feeling Liverpool's edge (if any) will be that we won't be demanding a buy option.

As you can see, Gomez face got re-made, so it's very possible Reus got one too.

Can't see that :D But Reus should definately get a proper face now, the whole German national team has real faces, so Reus should get one now, too.

Speaking of Germany, Löw can go suck a dick if Götze isn't playing tomorrow. Götze needs some match practice and is probably the only player that would benefit from playing this shit match. But I know it will end with Toni Kroos swanning around the pitch doing nothing.

I think I'm not gonna watch this lol

ShogunX

Fletcher to Sunderland for £14m seems to be done (judging by el twits)

Expensive but from Wolves point of view he is only 25 and cost them 7m before scoring a good number of goals in the premiership. Decent player who will no doubt be in double figures at the end of the season.

Arnie

I'm enjoying watching AVB squirm in the transfer market.

Saying that Spurs were far from sorted in the transfer market at this point last season, and then they pulled off a couple of great deals which propelled them towards the top of the table.

Expensive but from Wolves point of view he is only 25 and cost them 7m before scoring a good number of goals in the premiership. Decent player who will no doubt be in double figures at the end of the season.

I really like Fletcher, he's a brilliant natural finisher.

With the amount of crosses MON likes his teams to put in I'm almost certain Fletcher would pay back that fee in a single season.

G17

Why are random Twitter ITKs even a part of the equation? Not even worth mentioning IMO.

Apparently he's been reliable for years and this time has clearly said the deal is done. (GeoffArsenal) Would he lie to Arsenal fans being a fan himself just to get followers? Who knows.

But it conflicts with Ballague and Marca so perhaps he is doing just that.

ShogunX

I'm enjoying watching AVB squirm in the transfer market.

Saying that Spurs were far from sorted in the transfer market at this point last season, and then they pulled off a couple of great deals which propelled them towards the top of the table.

You listen to The Anfield Wrap? Got back into it now the season draws close and it's still very good.

GorillaJu

Real faces is a big part of the realism it brings to the table, and I really love it. I don't mind having shitty faces to random teams, but if you're playing Bayern x Barca for instance, you'll want to see all those players looking like they are in real life.

Think this has a big effect on new customers and keeping dominance over PES. The lack of licenses and real faces are a deal breaker for potential PES buyers.

I like the real faces but I find Fifa to be such a tedious and frustrating game that I just can't see myself buying it until the next gen, when hopefully many of my gripes will be worked out.

Meier

I disagree, but won't elaborate because it's true?

No. He dropped off quite a lot. He looked devoid of fitness, was misplacing a lot of passes, went missing from games before a little resurgence in form at the end of the season.

You won't elaborate because my statement is true. He did not play as well for about a 2 month stretch, that's undeniable, but just how poorly he played and his overall form for the entire season has gotten "worse" with each passing month. The reality is that even an injured David Silva is better than 99% of the other midfielders in the world but all of the sudden you're even going so far as to suggest Cazorla is better than him. It's pretty laughable.

Fry

I like the real faces but I find Fifa to be such a tedious and frustrating game that I just can't see myself buying it until the next gen, when hopefully many of my gripes will be worked out.

You should give it a try this year. The improvements have been massive by the looks of it, also with new features never seen in the franchise before. Really looking like the complete package this time.

Can't wait, I haven't turned my Xbox on for more than a month, I probably won't until I have Fifa 13 in hands.

GorillaJu

Apparently he's been reliable for years and this time has clearly said the deal is done. (GeoffArsenal) Would he lie to Arsenal fans being a fan himself just to get followers? Who knows.

He may be right. I didn't know who you were referencing. I've seen a lot of people quoting "agent ITK" and other knobheads a lot so I thought you were referencing tools like him when you said "random twitter ITKs" not a source with a good record.

There is also the possibility that he's just changed his mind, like Gylfi did, which left the 3-4 Liverpool ITKs in the dust.

Not sure. Like I said we'll find out soon and I'd be happy if he came to Liverpool but certainly not gutted if he went to Arsenal - better there than United.

Arnie

In fairness, the deal did look to be swung in Arsenal's favour as of yesterday, and whatever Ballague's heard today seems to be a new revelation. He could be wrong without overtly lying.

Just want it over one way or another, and Tello, who even though I haven't been massively impressed with surely has some talent that needs tapping into.
You listen to The Anfield Wrap? Got back into it now the season draws close and it's still very good.
Started listening to it only like a month ago, but it's really good. Didn't bother with it last season because I quite enjoyed Football Weekly instead, but I'll probably listen to them both this season.

Can't stand Rob Gutman.

GorillaJu

You should give it a try this year. The improvements have been massive by the looks of it, also with new features never seen in the franchise before. Really looking like the complete package this time.

Can't wait, I haven't turned my Xbox on for more than a month, I probably won't until I have Fifa 13 in hands.

My gripes are mostly with the gameplay engine: that at the highest level and with the best teams, I don't feel like I'm playing football, I feel like I'm playing Fifa.

I understand you can tweak sliders so that it feels more like the real game, but its important to me to play the "baseline" standard game.

Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck, 21, has agreed a new five-year contract, worth £75,000-a-week.

Old news, but didn't realise it was for that much. Everything wrong with modern football that a 21 year old with a season's worth of football in total under his belt and a few caps can suddenly earn that much money.

I don't even rate him that highly.

Arnie

Old news, but didn't realise it was for that much. Everything wrong with modern football that a 21 year old with a season's worth of football in total under his belt and a few caps can suddenly earn that much money.

I think his link up play's good but his finishing is a bit plop.

Suarez was on £40K last season, to put Welbeck's new contract into perspective.

Meier

$6.3 million per year plus whatever bonuses he gets.. not too shabby.

If you can believe it, until about a year ago, the first few players selected in the NFL draft (usually guys aged 20-22) could make up to $10-$15 million per year without even having played a second in the pros. They instituted a cap though on rookie salaries so they're much lower now and scale the further back you're drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom