• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was fine at first, but then they kicked it up a notch and it stopped being technical fouls. Late LATE tackles and kneeing Vidal on the head while he was down, really now?

You guys should keep quiet about kicking people in the head, we all know it's only a matter of time before Lucio does that again too.

Zabojnik

He'd look better in a Juventus kit.

tumblr_m7rk49ZpdK1qds6n7.gif

I guess we can forget about that now. :D Not that there was ever a chance.

I'm worried about Vidal. His hernia is acting up again. I hope they find a way to limit it, but I suppose the only way to 'cure' it is to rest. It could seriously compromise his season. Fuck, we need him bad. :/

We signed Gabbiadini from Atalanta and the Australian player Troisi. I think Marotta is doing an incredibly job however the 'top player' situation ends up. But if we don't get someone like Llorente then it won't be the perfect window it's been so far.

Also, would like Armero :p

Carbonox

We signed Gabbiadini from Atalanta and the Australian player Troisi. I think Marotta is doing an incredibly job however the 'top player' situation ends up. But if we don't get someone like Llorente then it won't be the perfect window it's been so far.

James Troisi used to play for Newcastle. :D Never got anywhere though but was talented IIRC.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He'd look better in a Juventus kit.
I guess we can forget about that now. :D Not that there was ever a chance.

Cavani can go FUCK HIMSELF as far as I'm concerned.

Unless he wants to fuck himself with us, I'd be okay with that.

You guys should keep quiet about kicking people in the head, we all know it's only a matter of time before Lucio does that again too.

Stop spreading lies! Lucio is a devoted Christian, humble leader, and a loyal(?) friend!

He's OUR John Terry.

Asamoah played extremely well there! As someone else said once, I'd rather play Asamoah out of position than bench him. :p

Zabojnik said:
I'm worried about Vidal. His hernia is acting up again. I hope they find a way to limit it, but I suppose the only way to 'cure' it is to rest. It could seriously compromise his season. Fuck, we need him bad. :/

Are we sure about that? I thought we made that up
A2WAc.gif

There's no way to detect a sports hernia, it's what footballers say to fake an injury
A2WAc.gif

How many days? :p

Guess City aren't using United's scouts this season

lol no more days business.

If he is gonna go then he should have peed off to Juventus, why would Arsenal sell to a team that they are competing to beat. The move will weaken Arsenal and strengthen Man Utd.

Zabojnik

There's no way to detect a sports hernia, it's what footballers say to fake an injury
A2WAc.gif

I'm afraid it's real. :/ He went through some kind of therapy in the past two months, which mainly included resting, but I guess it didn't help much. Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Changing the subject, what are City doing? They *have* to have something lined up. I refuse to believe they're not signing at least one top player / striker. 'Cause it could possibly mean ...

dzeko.jpg

Random music recommendation for Yurt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=DqMelTnR0XQ

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ibrahimovic: "Inter told me always to speak negatively of Juventus but now that I'm in France I can tell you what I think. I still think wearing the Juventus shirt was different. It gave me the real emotions that only Juve can offer. Juve was beautiful, it was different"

-

Dzeko is too expensive according to Marry :/ He's probably in the range of 30-35m.

And according to TS, we offered 5m less..

Edit: Cheers
A2WAc.gif

Zabojnik

Ibrahimovic: "Inter told me always to speak negatively of Juventus but now that I'm in France I can tell you what I think. I still think wearing the Juventus shirt was different. It gave me the real emotions that only Juve can offer. Juve was beautiful, it was different"

-

Dzeko is too expensive according to Marry :/ He's probably in the range of 30-35m.

Ah, Ibra. You were always a JT, but for two seasons you were my JT. I've been meaning to get rid of my no. 9 Ibra jersey, but for some reason I just can't do it. Oh, how I loved him. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l22vJikinQ

Clegg

Matt Fortune ‏@MFworldfootball
BREAKING: 18-year-old Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez has arrived at Bridgewater Hospital ahead of a £4m move to Manchester United #MUFC
This chap is a genuine journo.

He works for Banned Paper though.

Cuddler

No. No. Nononononono. NO.
Why not? :) It' on sale!

The paper also says the Pazzini-Quagliarella swap is heating up. Some Twitter commentators (i.e. Adam Digby) calls it a useless swap, but given that both players need motivation it might actually help both teams in the end. Frankly, we need somebody who can put the ball in the net coming off the bench (that was the idea with Borriello, but he's awful). We have Vucinic, Giovinco, and Vidal who can pull off Quagliarella's out of nowhere brilliant goals (which he hasn't done in a while, anyway). We get what we need out of the swap and if Pazzini flops then it's really no harm done.
I heard today on tv that Quagliarella doesn't want to go to Inter.

Asamoah played extremely well there! As someone else said once, I'd rather play Asamoah out of position than bench him. :p
I agree with Yurt, Asamoah needs to play, is too good to stay on the bench. Armero is not really that good IMO. We should buy Santon.
I'm afraid it's real. :/ He went through some kind of therapy in the past two months, which mainly included resting, but I guess it didn't help much. Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Changing the subject, what are City doing? They *have* to have something lined up. I refuse to believe they're not signing at least one top player / striker. 'Cause it could possibly mean ...

dzeko.jpg
No, you will take Bendtner or some sub 10m€ striker and you'll like it! :)
Wow

Chris R

I love the fact that ESPN's commercials here in the USA state that the "World's greatest football league is back" and don't mention soccer at all. We are getting there!

Need to add FSC HD to my package at some point, just sucks that i have to add 30+ channels and can't just add the one :( Booooo DirecTV.

WJD

I've followed NBA rather sparingly the past few years but now, riding on a wave of Olympic fever I'm looking forward to actually following a season in it's entirety.

Problem is, I don't have a team to follow and following a sport is always so much more exciting when emotionally invested. I've narrowed it down to 3 and need some guidance!

Chicago Bulls - Luol Deng is kind of British so there's some sort of connection there and obviously, Michael Jordan.

Lakers - Feel myself being drawn towards them but don't want to be seen as bandwagoning/glory hunting considering my other sporting love! However Kobe is a boss and I'm going to be very near to LA for about 2 months next year so it gives me chance to go to a game.

Denver Nuggets - top, top name.

elsk

Banned
He looks better on the ball from his YouTube clips. Could be similar to Welbeck. Good news that he passed his medical.

While I don't doubt he being a better footballer than Chicharito...
Even Chicharito looks better in Youtube than the actual Chicharito.

I've followed NBA rather sparingly the past few years but now, riding on a wave of Olympic fever I'm looking forward to actually following a season in it's entirety.

Problem is, I don't have a team to follow and following a sport is always so much more exciting when emotionally invested. I've narrowed it down to 3 and need some guidance!

Chicago Bulls - Luol Deng is kind of British so there's some sort of connection there and obviously, Michael Jordan.

Lakers - Feel myself being drawn towards them but don't want to be seen as bandwagoning/glory hunting considering my other sporting love! However Kobe is a boss and I'm going to be very near to LA for about 2 months next year so it gives me chance to go to a game.

Don't do that to yourself man.

xintin

ha, in the FIFA 13 trailer Bayern inch their wall forward a little but get caught by the ref and told to move back. Little touches like that are neat.

Hixx

I want to do this but basically I just want to know who will win so I can pick them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom