• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called it before he joined the PL : Hazard is too selfish a player and he'll need one season before getting used to the pace and physicality of the league. Glad I was right.

Meier

Fucking right. Offside goal redeemed.

Reading fairly put us through the paces.

I'm loving Hazard, 5 assists, in 2 games. Very unselfish player.

Does he officially receive an assist for drawing a penalty kick, or just in fantasy?

I told y'all Hazard was going to be dominant. So sad he didn't end up at City.. fuck you Bayern for not winning the Champions League. :(

Fry

I thought Hazard would score it himself. Dude already has a lot of assists and could've gone for glory.

I guess he's aiming to be the top assister.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I will admit I was skeptical of Hazard before, but he has won me over with this match, his movements on the ball is sublime.

Just bear in mind that he's played against some of the worst teams in the PL. We'll find out how good he is when he comes up against Tiote, Sandro, Lucas, etc.

Carbonox

Fucking right. Offside goal redeemed.

Reading fairly put us through the paces.

I'm loving Hazard, 5 assists, in 2 games. Very unselfish player.

5 assists already? Wow. I know he got one in the first game and set up Ivanovic in this one but where are the other 3? I didn't watch this game as I was at football training.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Facism really outdid himself with that shit story
lJ5tD.gif
Fucking love you man
lJ5tD.gif

Wow at Hazard, worth every million and agent fee paid easily. Was it just me or Oscar looked really lost?

I'm OT and obsessing and in full nostalgia mode, but I can't help it. Used to love JoJo to death in my younger years. :) I wish you wouldn't have to experience it through inferior alternative means, Yurt.

I think it's the only practical way if I'm going to read it in the office :p But I'll see what I can do ;)

Soi-Fong

5 assists already? Wow. I know he got one in the first game and set up Ivanovic in this one but where are the other 3? I didn't watch this game as I was at football training.

Goal.com is saying he assisted Cahill's speculative goal, but I don't remember seeing that. Or I wasn't paying attention.

Wilbur

Banned
Alright lads, I'm off for Reading. Won't know the scores until Monday like I say, so will come home, watch MOTD like I don't know a bloody thing and then pop on to catch up.

Have a good one GAF. Come on United
and Liverpool

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I saw enough to assure me to be honest.

He looked good for sure but 2 games is nothing. He's started well against the dross but better teams will simply shut down the spaces, he won't get those cheap pens either. You can only play what's in front of you though, so far he's done well.

WJD

Alright lads, I'm off for Reading. Won't know the scores until Monday like I say, so will come home, watch MOTD like I don't know a bloody thing and then pop on to catch up.

Have a good one GAF. Come on United
and Liverpool

If I see you there Wilbz I'll waggle my willy at you so you know it's me!

Carbonox

Premier League website says Hazard has two assists. So I guess winning penalties doesn't count, nor does what ever he did for Cahill.

I asked this on twitter but I know some Serie A followers don't frequent #footygaf.

Anyone up for a Serie A GAF fantasy league? Yurt has already said he wouldn't because he couldn't pick all of Juventus's starting 11 but I'm happy to give it a go if anyone knows a decent site. I've seen a couple people mention www.seriealive.com but no idea of its reputation.

And of course non-Serie A regulars can join in and probably beat me...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Forget his assists, he was absolutely brilliant in his first two games.

Let's see if he can keep it up.

fadetoblack said:
Yurt has already said he wouldn't because he couldn't pick all of Juventus's starting 11

XE10y.gif

Tell me more.
Edit: the "couldn't make it up" was in regard to this. Well certain folks like to whine when teams they don't like get dodgy decisions. I personally, am a firm believer in swings and roundabouts, these things even themselves out. For example, we got two offside goals against Wigan last season, United scored two offisde goals against us earlier in the season. So it is what it is.

Anyway, when we beat Spurs in the FA Cup semi's 5-1 we had a ghost goal as you may remember (one against Liverpool too, so I'm sure you do). But a GAFer claims that we flucked the game because of that goal. You know, ignoring the other four. It's claimed that the ghost goal, going to 2-0, killed the game off. This really couldn't be further from the truth, because Spurs actually picked up after it and came back to score almost immediately.

I could almost understand such a claim if that goal had of taken the wind out of Spurs sales, but it simply didn't. Then we popped another 3 in and the rest is history.

And like tonight, you get certain people recalling some dodgy Chelsea calls of recent and trying to make some sort of conspiracy of it. When really, you could go through the match reports of any team in the league and do the very same. Just seems like sour grapes. All our teams get good ones and bad ones, that's the game.

I was counting pens he had drawn too.

FootballFan

Hardly, but he's not a bad option to have.

I made this point a few weeks ago, but we haven't had a decent number 10 in years, and we desperately need one, since we'll probably play 4-2-3-1 away from home.

Extremely late reply but you guys had(have?) Joe Cole, the guy is as good if not better than Messi according to Gerrard.

Man I can't believe he said that, lol.

Zabojnik

I asked this on twitter but I know some Serie A followers don't frequent #footygaf.

Anyone up for a Serie A GAF fantasy league? Yurt has already said he wouldn't because he couldn't pick all of Juventus's starting 11 but I'm happy to give it a go if anyone knows a decent site. I've seen a couple people mention www.seriealive.com but no idea of its reputation.

And of course non-Serie A regulars can join in and probably beat me...

Count me out. I'd get bored after one match. FL isn't for me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom