• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, when we beat Spurs in the FA Cup semi's 5-1 we had a ghost goal as you may remember (one against Liverpool too, so I'm sure you do). But a GAFer claims that we flucked the game because of that goal. You know, ignoring the other four. It's claimed that the ghost goal, going to 2-0, killed the game off. This really couldn't be further from the truth, because Spurs actually picked up after it and came back to score almost immediately.

I could almost understand such a claim if that goal had of taken the wind out of Spurs sales, but it simply didn't. Then we popped another 3 in and the rest is history.

Just looking at the times the goals were scored that would be true, but there's a lot to be said for how much we had to open up after going 2-0 down. It's really pointless to discuss this though.

jtb

Banned
I do hope that Andre Santos' little run-in with the law will force Wenger's hand to buy, ya know, a half decent full back. Preferably one that isn't overweight and shit.

edit: also, really happy I made Hazard my fantasy captain. He's had no trouble settling (or playing against bottom half teams, at least), it seems.

Soi-Fong

So, for Saturday, do United fans here want Carrick back at CB if all our CB's are still injured or give Wooton a chance?

Also, Rafael at RB or leave Valencia there?

And finally, should we drop Rooney to the bench or give him one more chance and have him in CAM moving Kagawa to LAM?

Thoughts?

Standard of goalkeeping so far has been horrendous

If you mean for PL, De Gea has been pretty good. Saved United from getting a horrendous scoreline.

Edit:

Vidic has to buff up. lol

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/486401_10151186244267442_720118224_n.jpg

So, for Saturday, do United fans here want Carrick back at CB if all our CB's are still injured or give Wooton a chance?

Also, Rafael at RB or leave Valencia there?

And finally, should we drop Rooney to the bench or give him one more chance and have him in CAM moving Kagawa to LAM?

Thoughts?

If you mean for PL, De Gea has been pretty good. Saved United from getting a horrendous scoreline.

Edit:

Vidic has to buff up. lol

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/486401_10151186244267442_720118224_n.jpg

Code:
                   De Gea

Rafael-------Carrick----Vidic-------Evra

Cleverley-----Anderson

Valencia-----Kagawa------Young

Rooney

Carbonox

Just watching an interview with Arsene from a couple of years ago and he was comparing our financial power to Aston Villa & Newcastle.

We have the financial power of a League 2 team now it seems. :lol Then again, our spending sprees resulted in us getting relegated so YAY! :p

Clegg

Its easy to see why City and United were after Hazard. Technically sound footballer and a great dribbler. He would have suited Uniteds system down to the ground imo. We could have had Hazard playing as a wing forward on the left, nani on the right and Kagawa in the middle. Thats obviously not going to happen now but it would have been a very exciting trio of attacking players to have.

United have bought well imo but now we have the problem of how to fit RVP, Rooney and Kagawa into the same team. Most likely we'll have RVP up front, Rooney in the hole and Kagawa on the left. I suppose the best solution would be for Rooney and Kagawa to rotate with each other and with RVP sometimes dropping deep to link up with support runners. The biggest problem on Monday night was Rooney and Kagawa taking up each others space. It congested the field and made it easy for Everton to close down our players. When Kagawa got the ball in some free space, he looked lethal.

If United can develop a system that suits these 3 players then we'll have a world class attack.

Hixx

Hopefully Reading will be fucked after tonights exertions, let Fletch and AJ go wild on sat

KuGsj.gif

Soi-Fong

Its easy to see why City and United were after Hazard. Technically sound footballer and a great dribbler. He would have suited Uniteds system down to the ground imo. We could have had Hazard playing as a wing forward on the left, nani on the right and Kagawa in the middle. Thats obviously not going to happen now but it would have been a very exciting trio of attacking players to have.

United have bought well imo but now we have a problem of how to fit RVP, Rooney and Kagawa into the same team. Most likely we'll have RVP up front, Rooney in the hole and Kagawa on the left. I suppose the best solution would be for Rooney and Kagawa to rotate with each other and with RVP sometimes dropping deep to link up with support runners. If United can develop a system that suits these 3 players then we'll have a world class attack.

As much as I want Kagawa in the hole, it'll be better overall if he plays in the left as Rooney can no longer dribble for crap. As long as Rooney pays attention, him and Kagawa should be able to interchange between left and middle without stepping on each other's toes. I just seriously hope that the work-rate increases.

Code:
                   De Gea

Rafael----------Carrick----Vidic----------Evra

Valencia------Cleverley-----Anderson---Young

Kagawa

Rooney
No RVP? :( And 4-4-1-1.. You serious?

As much as I want Kagawa in the hole, it'll be better overall if he plays in the left as Rooney can no longer dribble for crap. As long as Rooney pays attention, him and Kagawa should be able to interchange between left and middle without stepping on each other's toes. I just seriously hope that the work-rate increases.

Fine, edited.

Stubo

Fine, edited.
Young? Has everyone redirected their hatred for him on to Nani and forgiven his sins or something? :p

Clegg

Rooney is undroppable imo. He shouldn't be, but he plays most games regardless of form. Mostly because even if he plays like shite, he's likely to score a goal. But we have RVP now so even if Rooney weren't to play, we'd still have a world class striker on the pitch.If Nani is in poor form we can now deploy Kagawa on the left.

Its good to have options.

Soi-Fong

Rooney is undroppable imo. He shouldn't be, but he plays most games regardless of form. Mostly because even if he plays like shite, he's likely to score a goal. But we have RVP now so even if Rooney weren't to play, we'd still have a world class striker on the pitch.If Nani is in poor form we can now deploy Kagawa on the left.

Its good to have options.

With the way Nani played, he better seriously prove that he deserves a better contract. If I was Ferguson, I'd be willing to give him one more chance Saturday.

Salvadora

Dont I am going to get all misty.

Right now our club could have Barry, Milner, Young and Cahill...

It really does me me sad not just because where we could be with those players , But just how much our squad has changed even to this day. Arsene seems the only constant, For us at least.

Alright lads, I'm off for Reading. Won't know the scores until Monday like I say, so will come home, watch MOTD like I don't know a bloody thing and then pop on to catch up.

Have a good one GAF. Come on United
and Liverpool

You are the worst kind of person, enjoy your trench foot and dysentery, oh and take the wristband off when you get home.

Bloody students!

I actually saw Rovers win a game tonight, up into 4th, Champions League spot that!

Sloosha

He should aim to buff up like Gohan. Then dye his hair blond to become a super-saiyan.

Then United can say we have the first super-saiyan in the league.

Ki went super-saiyan in the match against GB at the Olympics. His hair during the penalty shootout...

Also Tiote and Cabaye did a fusion dance to form Tiote Cabaye.

rodvik

You are the worst kind of person, enjoy your trench foot and dysentery, oh and take the wristband off when you get home.

Bloody students!

I actually saw Rovers win a game tonight, up into 4th, Champions League spot that!

Good to hear Jeff. I am amazed Keane is still employed though. Amazed.

Arnie

Rodgers continues to make a tit of himself over carroll

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/22/brendan-rodgers-newcastle-andy-carroll

Hey Brendan, you wouldnt be having these offers which insult you.... if, you know, you hadnt put a "for sale, no longer wanted" sign over the lads head.

For as much stick as he gets, Carroll with his age and his ability to play a certain way, is worth more than £12 million. Newcastle's offer is a joke, they know it, and so does we.

rodvik

For as much stick as he gets, Carroll with his age and his ability to play a certain way, is worth more than £12 million. Newcastle's offer is a joke, they know it, and so does we.

Of course he is. But there is only one reason the bids are so low and thats because of the way Rodgers has handled this making Liverpool seem desperate to get rid of him.

Just bloody stupid. The lad is at least a 15M striker imho and he is young.

Mumei

Wow. You guys really outdid yourselves with the material. I was reading the ZonalMarking website between morons and I didn't see everything else until just now.

Salvadora

Of course he is. But there is only one reason the bids are so low and thats because of the way Rodgers has handled this making Liverpool seem desperate to get rid of him.

Just bloody stupid. The lad is at least a 15M striker imho and he is young.

I honestly think he could do well for a club that isn't Liverpool.
a) she looks like that nobhead Russel Brand if he'd had a shave. But with great boobs.
b) Carol Vorderman wants a word.
gtfo with that shit

Meier

Wow. You guys really outdid yourselves with the material. I was reading the ZonalMarking website between morons and I didn't see everything else until just now.

As someone else mentioned, the Swiss Ramble is definitely worth a read. Very interesting and insightful stuff from him. More focused on the finances of football/soccer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom