• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

I would be afraid too, but you know how inconsistent Nani is. But when he's good, he's amazing.
He's been no less consistent than the majority of our attacking players since 09/10 and when he's at his best he's arguably our best attacking player. To say he should be given "one last chance" on the back of one bad game and one injury filled season is absolutely ludicrous.

kharma45

I would be afraid too, but you know how inconsistent Nani is. But when he's good, he's amazing.

Yeah when he's on form he's great but the majority of the time he's not, really pisses me off.

Baffles me too how most United fans hold him in some sort of God-tier status, I'd happily sell him if the right offer came knocking.

K1LLER7

Team against Fulham

Rafael - Evans/Carrick - Vidic - Evra

------------ Andesron - Cleverly -------------

Valencia --------- Kagawa --------- Rooney

------------------------ RVP ---------------------

WJD

Team against Fulham

Looks good to me, but with Rooney behind RVP and Kagawa in the Silva role on the left.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Team against Fulham

Dembele would slice through this midfield with ease. You really need a Fletcher type player.

spidye

Have you guys seen Nigella Lawson recently? Best looking 52 year old ever
liPPT.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtS2Ikk7A9I

NSFW

Soi-Fong

Team against Fulham

Would be fine with me. I worry about Rooney's ability to dribble, but during defense he'd be pretty good at tracking back (if he's not acting like a fatty) since he has a pretty good tackle in him.

WJD

That's probably possible against Fulham's back 4. It will be an exciting game, I think. Didn't you beat them 5-0 last season?

Beat them 5-0 away, Rooney scored a screamer and Berbatov (!) a nice backheel.
Beat them 1-0 at home but they should have had a penalty in the last minute.

I'll be at Reading so won't be able to watch it unfortunately but hopefully it has plenty of goals and some actual attacking movement from our front 4.

Soi-Fong

Beat them 5-0 away, Rooney scored a screamer and Berbatov (!) a nice backheel.
Beat them 1-0 at home but they should have had a penalty in the last minute.

I'll be at Reading so won't be able to watch it unfortunately but hopefully it has plenty of goals and some actual attacking movement from our front 4.

What's up with everyone going to Reading? I think Clegg mentioned he would be there to for the weekend.

K1LLER7

Would be fine with me. I worry about Rooney's ability to dribble, but during defense he'd be pretty good at tracking back (if he's not acting like a fatty) since he has a pretty good tackle in him.
It worked during the Ronaldo years, think he'll do well there. We really need to get a CB back so Carrick can move back into CM

Arnie

I've only been to Leeds, but the setup at Reading sounds wank in comparison, you're in the city aren't you? Leeds is in the middle of nowhere, it's great.

They're both shit compared to Glastonbury though.

WJD

I've only been to Leeds, but the setup at Reading sounds wank in comparison, you're in the city aren't you? Leeds is in the middle of nowhere, it's great.

Only ever been to Leeds before so I have no idea. If I wasn't in the US next summer I'd definitely go to Glasto.

It worked during the Ronaldo years, think he'll do well there. We really need to get a CB back so Carrick can move back into CM

So very, very skeptical of this. It worked because they both had pace to spare and they switched A LOT. RVP can't play the same way.

Rooney sitting out left nullifies his entire game. It's a total waste. May as well just play someone who knows how to play the position.

Soi-Fong

So very, very skeptical of this. It worked because they both had pace to spare and they switched A LOT. RVP can't play the same way.

Rooney sitting out left nullifies his entire game. It's a total waste. May as well just play someone who knows how to play the position.

I just really want to see how it'll work. But I guess we'll find out Saturday. I think the only guarantee we have Saturday is that at least in attack, Kagawa is guaranteed to start.

I'm thinking a 1-1 draw.

Nah this is Fulham we're talking about. The players will be hungry for a win.

Soi-Fong

I doubt you'll lose or draw to be honest. Ferguson will make sure that squad realizes they are playing in the league. This is despite my best wishes btw.

If there's anything Ferguson will hammer into players, it's to not let go of the pedal during games and go full speed all the way through.

We lost our vital games that way last season.

I experienced a day at Leeds festival, that was enough for me to know never again

Pretty much my idea of hell

I Was in the land of JT's!

K1LLER7

As WJD said, we could play Kagawa on the left simialr to Silva/Nasri and then let the top 3/4 move around during games. It may not be his best position but at times he'll find himself out on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom