• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

I live 34 miles away from Anfield. Which is 48 minutes distance. Apparently.

Definitely takes me less than an hour to get to the match, and that's with parking and stuff. I've left at bang on 2 and been in my seat comfortably before kick off.

D_prOdigy

We should find out who lives closest to the club they support, and who lives furthest.

I live in Newton Heath, so I should spiritually win...

In fact, my science teacher at school told how all the well-off United managers and personnel of old lived on my street.

Shit-hole now though.

Wes

venison crêpe
If you like Jennifer Lawrence you need to watch Winter's Bone. Where I first became aware of her and her performance in it is remarkable.

In other news, Dunne might be off to Stoke according to the Mail. He's put a shift in for us but we can't afford a rickety centre back on around £50k anymore. It probably also means we'll have a new centre back coming in as we with Dunne leaving we would be left with 3 - Vlaar, Clark and Baker - and those last two are too young to shoulder a whole season if the worst was to happen.

Arnie

The Times are reporting that City are turning attention to Collocini in their hunt for a centre back, but also saying it could be a play to get Agger. Which is daft, because we've named a price and they've pissed in the wind for so long now that I wouldn't be surprised if that price had increased.

They're idiots, absolute idiots, transfer muppets. They don't realise that the longer they leave it, the less likely a team are to sell.

Mad Men is so good. My God.

Best show on television.

Quite liking Deadwood at the moment. Seeing lots of parallels to Boardwalk, between Nucky and Al particularly.

Tegris

I'm 11725 miles (or 18870km) away from Anfield. It would be further if I supported Deportivo La Coruna though (A Coruna and Christchurch are antipodes).

---

Screencap for posterity:

X1yyw.png

Won't stay like this for long I'd imagine, I always have strong starts and fade quickly.

Wes

venison crêpe
I was annoyed I was 13th and then realised we had over 100 people in the league and then felt ok with things.

Have the player values updated yet? Wondering whom to transfer out.

Back from The Dark Knight Rises.

Yeah I went again. Awesome movie.

I've rarely felt more disappointment than I felt watching this film. :(
On another note, does anyone know where I could watch this year's Mexican Olympic team in action? It's been hard to find anything substantial on Hector Herrera.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@razaespn
Manchester United ofrece 13.5 Millones de Euros por Hector Herrera jugador del #Pachuca. Los Tuzos solo venderian el 70% del pase.#EPL

Manchester United offers 13.5 million euros for Pachuca player Héctor Herrera. The moles would only sell 70% of the player's ownership.

Also, Hiram Mier is in negotiations with Roma. FINALLY a Mexican in Serie A.

K1LLER7

I guarantee he will cause trouble/transfer.
Antonio Valencia is said to be disgusted with being played out of position and feels humiliated by playing in the No.7 shirt. It is said he will look to hand in a transfer request upon hearing the best team in Merseyside, Everton, are aiming for his signature. However, Liverpool have also shown an interest and It is thought to believe Valencia could be tempted by having the oppertunity to play alongside Liverpool legends Stewart Downing and Andy Carroll
Here we go.

What does this mean? Who are the Moles?

The nickname of Pachuca is Tuzos (Gophers not moles?) so I take it to mean that they were only prepared to sell 70% of the player's ownership rights. As a result, Man Utd have upped their offer to 13.5m.

This is just what I gather from that quote, though. Is this "ownership rights" business common practice in the Central/South American leagues? I'm familiar with the co-ownership policies in Serie A, is this a similar scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom