• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Pachuca's nickname. And I guess they are paying 30% of his salary or something?

Shit's weird. The player doesn't actually have an agent, so all negotiations have been between the clubs.

Nope, 70% means Pachuca is getting the 30% if Manchester United sells him later. Or they are just doing that to let ManU know that they want more money to completely sell the player.

The nickname of Pachuca is Tuzos (Gophers not moles?) so I take it to mean that they were only prepared to sell 70% of the player's ownership rights. As a result, Man Utd have upped their offer to 13.5m.

This is just what I gather from that quote, though. Is this "ownership rights" business common practice in the Central/South American leagues? I'm familiar with the co-ownership policies in Serie A, is this a similar scenario?

Yes, very common.

Tommy V instantly gets my United sirens singing.

Ah ok

So AFCAMDEN is saying be wary of the relation ship between Darren Dein and Kees Vos. I think there were already rumours this summer about Vermaelen joining Barcelona.

edit: Yeah it was Kees Vos who tweeted that photo of Vermaelen and Pique.

Salvadora

Ah ok

So AFCAMDEN is saying be wary of the relation ship between Darren Dein and Kees Vos. I think there were already rumours this summer about Vermaelen joining Barcelona.

edit: Yeah it was Kees Vos who tweeted that photo of Vermaelen and Pique.

It's enough to make me very nervous if the Song stuff is true.

Arnie

Well, that kind of backfired. At first it was a nod to United fans that Valencia was potentially off, and now we've deduced that it was actually a red flag that Arsenal's new captain is off to Barcelona. Pretty great revelation.

Salvadora

Well, that kind of backfired. At first it was a nod to United fans that Valencia was potentially off, and now we've deduced that it was actually a red flag that Arsenal's new captain is off to Barcelona. Pretty great revelation.

Why don't we inspire the YNWA tattoo that Agger had?
Edit: Loyalty.

xintin

watching a replay of Braga/Udinese. Didn't know Braga's stadium is actually carved into a quarry. It's awesome, I want to see this in a future FIFA title.

The league that matters

yAcNv.jpg

Wait, is this the betting league? I had Hazard as captain so got a shit ton of points but did not expect 1st after week 1!

FootballFan

Finishing up Barcelona vs Real Sociedad, then finishing Celtic, then watching Barcelona vs Real Madrid on 11-29-2011.

I think you mean 29/11/2010 not 2011. The amazing display from Barca in that clasico. Searching for your date comes up with Barca vs Rayo Vallecano.

elsk

Banned
Finishing up Barcelona vs Real Sociedad, then finishing Celtic, then watching Barcelona vs Real Madrid on 11-29-2011.

Pfff... Barcelona vs. RM? that's amateurs stuff. If you want the best match of the last years: Universidad de Chile vs. Boca Juniors (2nd leg, 21.06.2012). Best match I've ever watched.

Kyoufu

hey what's wrong with enjoying Twilight? It's not exactly an Oscar caliber movie but it's better than FFXIII's plot ok

I don't consider it cheating. I think K-Stew was R-Patt's beard. So publicly he is outraged, but really it just means he needs to find a new beard.

Hahaha, brilliant.

edit: damn your edit!

edit 2: THERE REAL POST QUOTED

Kyoufu

Please tell me you weren't serious....

All us Americans can't wait till they're forced to obey contractual obligations and appear together. Lol

I can't wait to see it too. Must suck for him ahahaha.

Way to argue your point.

Haha I know. :(

I'm just a sucker for anything with romance + vampires. I did watch 4 seasons of True Blood (season 4 was awful ugh).

Basically I can enjoy anything that isn't named FFXIII.

LegoArmo

Buffy and Angel are brilliant, but it's not because of the vampires. That show could be about carpet fitters and I'd still love it.

Seems like I missed a good match earlier between Chelsea and Reading.

Sam Wallace said Adam Johnson favours a move to Spurs over the two Merseyside clubs or Sunderland. I don't think we would be a good fit for him, personally and professionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom