• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Fucking Mata. I make him captain for the week cos he has 2 games, and contributes fuck all. I was coming second on Monday, now I'm 14th :(

People with Ivanovic and Hazard have killed me. Oh well, 37 weeks to go, I'm not letting that fiver go lightly

We still have to sort out the winnings percentages btw

I captained Mata and Vice Captained Ivan. So close to glory. :(

Salazar

jamie jackson ‏@GuardianJamieJ
Fassi: “We know he’s going to emigrate to England. Manchester United and Liverpool have talked to us". #mufc #lfc re Hector Herrera

jamie jackson ‏@GuardianJamieJ
#mufc interested in Hector Herrera. FC Pachucha's sporting director Andres Fassi:“There's official interest. We have a document." #lfc too

:lol

Do one, Rodgers. Go and pinch some more Swansea talent.

Zabojnik

What the fuck are Chelsea and City waiting for? Go buy whoever you want to buy already, for Christ's sake, so we can go after the remaining scraps.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What the fuck are Chelsea and City waiting for? Go buy whoever you want to buy already, for Christ's sake, so we can go after the remaining scraps.
What are WE waiting for!? The season starts in two days and we still haven't filled the gaping hole upfront :(

Zabojnik

What are WE waiting for!? The season starts in two days and we still haven't filled the gaping hole upfront :(

Every potential seller is waiting for City and Chelsea to come knocking with millions, 'cause they know they'll always pay more. We? We're waiting for Borriello.

dc89

WEda2.png

Aguero :(

Really considering kicking Mata out for Hazard. By putting Tevez in for Aguero I now have a spare £2.2m. I know it would cost me points but Hazard is on fire.

qindarka

Banned
I think it was funny how many people chose Mata. He was always going to be less effective in these early games after having had virtually no rest from the end of last season.

It probably also means we'll have a new centre back coming in as we with Dunne leaving we would be left with 3 - Vlaar, Clark and Baker - and those last two are too young to shoulder a whole season if the worst was to happen.
Please play Clark, he needs the experience.

Wolves finally accepted our offer for Jarvis, £7m up front with £3m in add-ons. That was quite a protracted bit of business, BFS seemed pretty intent on bringing him in, so hopefully he can do a job and provide some quality service for our strikers. Not looking forward to the game at Swansea this weekend after the drubbing they gave QPR, but hopefully we don't perform quite as badly.

GorillaJu

It probably isn't, now that Sahin will sign.

http://www.marca.com/2012/08/23/en/football/real_madrid/1345703549.html

*trollface* (?)

The Sahin saga still hasn't been put to rest, although a resolution appears to be around the corner. In the end the Turk's final destination seems to be Liverpool, where his agent, Reza Fazeli, travelled to meet the Anfield club's hierarchy and iron out the details of the deal.

On Monday Sahin's representative went to the Bernabéu firm in his conviction to take the Turk to Arsenal. Wenger had persuaded the player to move to the Emirates, but Madrid changed the course of events when it told the playmaker that the Gunners were unwilling to accept a loan deal and were pushing for a permanent transfer. Neither Madrid nor Sahin himself were happy with this arrangement.

Liverpool, which was the first club on the scene, has once again emerged as the most suitable option, as the player knows that Brendan Rodgers will guarantee him a place in the starting line-up. Sahin approved a switch to Anfield on Tuesday, leading his representative to undertake his whirlwind trip to complete the deal.

Liverpool wants to make the move official on Thursday, provided it can tie up any loose ends with the player. Sahin could be joined in the Premier League by Ricardo Carvalho. According to reports from the BBC, the Portuguese centre-back is set to spend a season on loan at Queens Park Rangers.

Oh lord. Trollface indeed.

Fry

And this is from yesterday.

'Nuri Sahin has already said goodbye to his teammates. He didn't report for training at Valdebebas on Tuesday and is now waiting for his loan move to Arsenal to be completed. In fact, he has more or less totally emptied his locker, with the exception of a shirt bearing the number 15 (he gave up number 5 to Coentrao).'

lulz Marca

mil6es

And this is from yesterday.

'Nuri Sahin has already said goodbye to his teammates. He didn't report for training at Valdebebas on Tuesday and is now waiting for his loan move to Arsenal to be completed. In fact, he has more or less totally emptied his locker, with the exception of a shirt bearing the number 15 (he gave up number 5 to Coentrao).'

lulz Marca
Until official site announcement I'm not Believing anything either way

EDIT: Nexus 7 amazing tool on the morning commute

Salazar

Colourful detail from the Paddy Kenny winds up QPR management by text story.

He was also involved in a drunken fight with his friend at an Indian restaurant in Halifax, in which his eyebrow was bitten off.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Van Der Vaart to Hamburg rumours popping up again, Arnesen muttering about Levy loving a deadline day deal. Dawson and Huddlestone I can accept, but not VDV. We'd be looking for at least £15m so I don't really see it happening.

FootballFan

Alves is apparently Messi's best friend in Barcelona... I see what you did there.

Pretty odd imo. Argentine and a Brazilian, no problem with that, but Alves is like a cocky goofy dancing kinda guy and Messi is just quiet lol.
This pic is great though :lol

nV4lr.png

dc89

I love that picture! I mentioned it yesterday.

Ruh-roh. Watch out everyone, he's on his way back to fitness.

Gareth%20action%20boss%20in%20background.ashx

I want to know what Silva and Tevez are looking at, it appears to be making Silva laugh.

mancinin%20action.ashx

Carlos is looking leaner and leaner! Who needs new signings when we have him back!

Carlos%20finishing%20shot.ashx

GorillaJu

it's Sahin's agent. The man is one slimy JT.

According to the Marca article it's not the agent, but Arsenal and Real. Neither the player nor his club want a permanent deal, but Arsenal is insisting on it.

FWIW Marca is very reliable when it comes to Real Madrid related transfers.

According to the Marca article it's not the agent, but Arsenal and Real. Neither the player nor his club want a permanent deal, but Arsenal is insisting on it.

FWIW Marca is very reliable when it comes to Real Madrid related transfers.

Their explanation doesn't even make sense though. They say Nuri Sahin is unhappy Arsenal are pushing for an option-to-buy? Why would he care? This isn't the NBA, he can't be forced to join us if he doesn't want to. All it is Real Madrid have to accept the agreed offer, after that Nuri Sahin is free to do what he likes.

EDIT: Misread, they actually say permanent deal...but why was everyone saying he was set to take the medical on Monday?

GorillaJu

Their explanation doesn't even make sense though. They say Nuri Sahin is unhappy Arsenal are pushing for an option-to-buy? Why would he care? This isn't the NBA, he can't be forced to join us if he doesn't want to. All it is Real Madrid have to accept the agreed offer, after that Nuri Sahin is free to do what he likes.

The way the article is worded it sounds more like Arsenal wants to forego the loan and just buy him outright.

EDIT: Misread, they actually say permanent deal...but why was everyone saying he was set to take the medical on Monday?

Because people have no idea what they're talking about and just make up stuff on Twitter to get followers and recognition.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
huh. AVB does what he wants.

Things seem to be hotting up. We are apparently in talks for Willian from Shaktar, Tim Sherwood was at the Malaga game yesterday to look at Isco, we are bidding for Damiao again and Lloris is still an option. They would all be great signings. Just as long as we don't sell VDV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom