• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Well, that kind of backfired. At first it was a nod to United fans that Valencia was potentially off, and now we've deduced that it was actually a red flag that Arsenal's new captain is off to Barcelona. Pretty great revelation.

Bit late now but Valencia doesn't even have an agent any more, he sacked his back in February as he doesn't plan to leave United.

I'd say there's almost no chance that Sahin will leave permanently to any other club. That Arsenal loan is Feyenoord all over again. Nuri wants to get match time to get in Real's starting eleven (or at least on the bench lol). I don't think he even wants to go to Arsenal, it's just his only chance to get match time at this level.

The only chance for Arsenal to buy him would be Sahin playing shit on his loan and Mourinho telling him it's better to leave Real after this season.

Salazar

So we are demanding a buy option also then......source?

The idea that pushing for an option to buy is "bullying" is daft. It's negotiation. It's just what Arsenal want. The process is profoundly voluntary.

Even in a general sense, the idea of Arsenal bullying Real Madrid should strike any moderately sensible human being as laughable. It's laughable, too, in that Arsenal have been so frequently and emphatically an object of ridicule for being piss-weak negotiators.

And the fact that you don't know what Liverpool are doing or saying doesn't mean that it's dignified by comparison.

bud23

Not getting my hopes up regarding the Sahin deal, how many times has it "changed" now? Must be at least 3 or 4.

Sahin leaving,Kaka staying.

Mou yesterday; "It can teach him particular characteristics of play that he doesn't have at the moment," Mourinho said of the midfielder. "I couldn't care less if he goes to Arsenal, or Liverpool or Tottenham. I have no preference."

"With Nuri we have proposals on the table, but we have no official proposals for Kaká."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/22/real-madrid-nuri-sahin-kaka

mil6es

Herp Derp Derp
Seriously so when club A says an option is off the table and club B refuses to acknowledge said fact and continue pushing for option, what is that????

Oh by your reason all negotiations are fair and amicable and each party leaves with a customary hug and kiss?

Clegg

Transfer news update please.

We're not signing anyone else.

Mexico ace Hector Herrera has not yet held talks about a move to England, with Manchester United and Liverpool both interested.

The 22-year-old Pachuca midfielder is believed to be wanted by both Manchester United and Liverpool following an impressive display at the Olympics.Herrera insists he is not in discussions with any club, but admits he has read about the interest and would relish the chance to move to Europe.

"The truth is that so far I know nothing about what is happening, I am not aware," he told Raza Deportiva.

"From what I've heard, there has been some news, but I have had no approach from the Pachuca club president or the people from Manchester.
"If given the opportunity to emigrate to European football of course I'd go but I have wait to see what the club officials say."

Herrera has only been in Pachuca's first-team for the last 12 months and he admits to being shocked by his rapid rise.

"I did not expect it so soon, I did not expect these big clubs to be tracking me after such a short time, but this is the result of the sacrifices I have made."

Pachucha's sporting director Andres Fassi has been quoted claiming both United and Liverpool have registered their interest.

"We know he's going to emigrate to England. Manchester United and Liverpool have talked to us," he said.

"We want him to continue with Pachuca. But when he decides to leave, the club will give him the opportunity to do so."

Herrera did play down claims that he has talked with United's Javier Hernandez about moving.

"No, as I said, there wasn't any approach or any talks. And I haven't had the pleasure of getting to know Chicharito," he said.

Jabo

Oh seems like Ze Twitter deal fell through.

And Juve are interested in a big world-class left back
Mesbah

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Salazar

Seriously so when club A says an option is off the table and club B refuses to acknowledge said fact and continue pushing for option, what is that????

Eccentricity ? Conviction ? Naivety ? It's not as if Sahin or Madrid are under any kind of compulsion to continue negotiations with Arsenal. Any negative moral reflection on how Arsenal negotiate has to be modified by Madrid's clear ability to walk the fuck away.

kharma45

Pretty much confirmation we are signing somebody.

Yes!

Yes mate. What I'm talking about.

Doesn't anybody want Berbatov yet?

Fiorentina maybe, they've been rumoured.

SAF himself did say that there has been interest but none of the offers have been good enough. TBH Fergie owes it to Berba to let him go at this stage no matter what the offer is, seems likely no one is going to offer what SAF wants.

bud23

Transfer news update please.

there will be not nothing today. The Real Madrid plays the first match of the Spain super cup against Barcelona(BIG MATCH,23:30 London time,is not a joke,22:30 in Spain).

Anyways this week seems to be decisive for Sahin transfer.My bet is Arsenal.

Salazar

Telegraph says Evans an outside chance of being fit. Which we knew, I suppose.

Have to laugh at Zeki Fryers getting his move to Spurs squashed.

there will be not nothing today. The Real Madrid plays the first match of the Spain super cup against Barcelona(BIG MATCH,23:30 London time,is not a joke,22:30 in Spain).

Anyways this week seems to be decisive for Sahin transfer.My bet is Arsenal.

It's 21:30 London time

Salazar

Delicious.

HJGsm.gif

The 19-year-old has trained with Tottenham during pre-season but a move to another English club is complicated because any fee will be set by a tribunal if the clubs cannot agree, and United want £6million. Tottenham remain interested but Liege would be able to sign him for minimal compensation.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Maybe Liege will buy him and then Spurs will buy him on the cheap from them.

dc89

I think I'll treat myself to some new socks today. Sports socks to go under my football socks so feet don't rub.

My current ones are thread bare and it's starting to rub skin off my foot. :( ouch.

Wessiej

Guys I didn't just hear Sahin may have been swooped by United.

Reminds me of a good story back in the '90. Feyenoord bought a player from some vague country, and they were waiting at the airport for him. But Ajax was standing 100 meter closer to the gate and they took him with him to Amsterdam and they ended up getting him, everybody was flabbergasted :D.

In the end the guy played 1 match and returned to his country where he was jailed for shooting or something, best buy ever.

Christ, if Liverpool buy Sturridge I might just give up. Why have the club not realised that buying English is almost always an absolutely terrible idea? 3 times the price for mediocrity.

Herrera probably not coming this summer then. His quotes remind me of Defour reacting to Fergie's interest a couple seasons back. Good to know the club is lining up replacements for Fletcher in that box-to-box role, if he doesn't recover. Seems like Herrera's club is just agitating for a transfer battle between Liverpool and United though.

Apparently Sahin has passed his medical for Arsenal according to Sky Sports Germany. Bottom ticker - no idea what it says but I see a Sahin and an Arsenal in there.

A0-fCXuCMAA4ORc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom