• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed #LFC team: Reina, Robinson, Carragher, Agger, Kelly, Henderson, Spearing, Adam, Shelvey, Sterling, Borini

Quite happy with that, except for Adam. STERLING!

Do players ever threaten to leave in FM, if they're not getting paid or played enough? And do they ever wind their contracts down?

Bronzetti (FIFA agent) is in Madrid to talk to Perez about Kakà, so that when Galliani will fly there, everything will be a little more smoother. This is happening. Also, Ze Eduardo was rejected by Allegri and went back to Genoa.
Football players are called calciatori? Thought it'd be giocatore.
It's both, actually. "Calciatori" stricltly indicates football players (it's like footballer in English) while "Giocatore" could refer to other sports as well, like basketball ("Giocatore di basket"), volleyball ("Giocatore di pallavolo") and so on (basically you put the word giocatore, the article and the name of the sport).
Shit. I gotta go do my homework before the clasico starts. Damn you GAF.

Edit: What's he saying about Carrobio? Something about how he's Pippo, instead of Filippo, for the court because they became something I can't make out, but it sounds like "pappa e chicha".
I haven't seen the video but I guess it's pappa e ciccia. That's an italian expression used when two people are really close and do a lot of stuff together. Like matchfixing and so on.

ShogunX

That Liverpool team is depressing. Cant even muster up the energy to moan about it but Carragher playing ahead of Coates is a fucking disgrace.

I haven't seen the video but I guess it's pappa e ciccia. That's an italian expression used when two people are really close and do a lot of stuff together. Like matchfixing and so on.

Bwahaha I love how because of the regularity with which we talk about matchfixing that now it becomes synonymous with "two people [who] are really close." Oh man :lol

pulga

Banned
It's both, actually. "Calciatori" stricltly indicates football players (it's like footballer in English) while "Giocatore" could refer to other sports as well, like basketball ("Giocatore di basket"), volleyball ("Giocatore di pallavolo") and so on (basically you put the word giocatore, the article and the name of the sport).

Thanks, it's the same everywhere basically (jugador de futbol = futbolista), but I'd never heard or read the word until today. Italia GAF is educating me <3

Does anybody play new star soccer, really addictive mobile game

Yeah, I lost myself in it for weeks! But after I won the CL with Madrid, I lost interest.

ShogunX

Resting Coates for the weekend, or preparing Carragher for it...

If it's the first part of your post I take back my previous statement :)
Sadly we all know it will be the latter.

Remember that time when

we gave zero fucks about the Europa League?

Remember the time when Alan Shearer was brought in to get Newcastle relegated? Be thankful you are even in a European competition. Short memory syndrome all round.

Wow nice free kick. 1-1.

Kyoufu

Ryan Taylor with another free kick lol

Remember the time when Alan Shearer was brought in to get Newcastle relegated? Be thankful you are even in a European competition. Short memory syndrome all round.

Wow nice free kick. 1-1.

I'm more thankful of relegation than playing in Athens tonight.

Where is Football Manager normally cheapest when its newly released? I've decided to try and dive in with FM13 when its out

Greenman gaming seems to have had the best recently but really it varies and this thread will surely keep you updated on best price. You can try a pretty lenghty (half a season) demo if you want to try out FM12, will probably also be a FM13 demo a few weeks before release.

Where is Football Manager normally cheapest when its newly released? I've decided to try and dive in with FM13 when its out
Last December (one month after the release iirc) it was $20 on Amazon US.
[/b]

Bwahaha I love how because of the regularity with which we talk about matchfixing that now it becomes synonymous with "two people [who] are really close." Oh man :lol
Again, I haven't seen the video and I don't know who were the two people he was talking about, I just typed the first example that came to my mind.
Thanks, it's the same everywhere basically (jugador de futbol = futbolista), but I'd never heard or read the word until today. Italia GAF is educating me <3
You're welcome :) If you ever need anything I'd be happy to help.

Kyoufu

Seriously Ryan Taylor has to be the most annoying player in our squad.

He's not a great player but his free kicks are brilliant.

We have loaned out our third choice right back to Rosenborg who sees him as a first team choice. Good to know how low they consider themselves compared to us.

I got it from ShopTo for £19.95. And it had a preload!

------------

3enky.jpg

Also this arrived today <3 Can not wait to watch it all again!

ShogunX

Being saved for the weekend. There's no way Carragher would start two games in 3 days, at his age.

Putting aside my hate for the panic Carragher causes at the back it would appear that he wont be playing on Sunday. Then again last season managed to show me that anything is possible when it comes to Carragher getting on the pitch.

Arnie

Delicious. Saving this. Is that why Coates came on in the WBA game too?
Save it.

When Coates starts you're going to be the one looking like a fool for thinking otherwise.
Fuck me why did I eat spicy fried chicken from the convenience store and then wake up in the middle of the night. Ohhhh my stomach...
I ate a lot of hot and spicy, 60p noodles at the end of last semester and as a result I had plenty of moments where I'd wake up half way through the night, needing to run to the toilet as my stomach convulsed, and my arse exploded.

bjaelke

Sky Sports &#8207;@SkySports
Wigan have confirmed they have accepted a bid for Victor Moses from Chelsea and have given him permission to talk to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom