• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Dying of thirst but all there is in the house is Vimto. Liquid sugar. Can't take any more of it. Actually, I have no choice.

GorillaJu

It will be interesting to see how Sahin copes in the PL.

I've heard that both SAF and AVB think that he wouldn't be able to deal with the leagues pace and style of play.

Always big question marks over CMs like this. However he really seems quite similar to Xabi, a bit quicker and a bit less magical. Think he'll do okay myself. Not the world beater some make him out to be but an improvement on everyone in our midfield except Lucas (and Allen :D)

PaulLFC

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-on-sahin-latest

Weird thing to put on the official web site. If he doesn't sign they'll look kind of silly.
Oh ffs, why have we done that? Agree with you, it's stupid if he chooses Arsenal now. Just completely pointless. Put news up if he's definitely signing, if not, stay quiet.

It's pending on his medical.
But surely they would say that? As in "LFC have reached a deal for Nuri Sahin, the player will have a medical with a view to completing the transfer in the next X days"...

Arnie

Dying of thirst but all there is in the house is Vimto. Liquid sugar. Can't take any more of it. Actually, I have no choice.

I'm weighing up whether to have a glass of diet coke or a can of Heineken. Can't quite gauge what I'd prefer.

I've run out of tea bags.

I've heard that both SAF and AVB think that he wouldn't be able to deal with the leagues pace and style of play.

I'd still like to see him at United though.
He'll be fine.

Scholes bossed most of the teams he played against last year, Sahin will have no problem with the pace.

jtb

Banned
Are you like 16, dude? My goodness. Take a chill pill – it does in fact seem that he's coming to Liverpool, with Marca and the Guardian now emphatically claiming so, but you seem intent on making it seem like we swindled or weaseled the deal. Your club had its chance and appears to have blown it. Stop being a child about it.

Oh come on. Arsenal fans are used to missing out on players (hello, Juan Mata!) and selling our best players. You were saying the exact same things a week ago; all I'm saying is that it's not done yet (and that if he goes, it'll because we fucked it up and not because Liverpool has suddenly turned into a more attractive prospect—which was the line towed here a week ago) and I'm the child?

The deal's not done, and when it is, we can analyze what actually happened (and I'll be happy to dissect every way the board fucked up, just as I have all summer long). And when did I ever say you weaseled it? Hell, Liverpool are notorious for overpaying, terrible negotiating, etc. and we are notorious for fucking up deals. Like I said; Juan Mata. I'm pretty sure we're in agreement here. No need to half-heartedly insult me over that :lol

Slizz

Fucking Biscuits...

35ba533cb2l-roll.gif.gif

If Rodgers is saying "it's quite far along the line" - well, that's a pretty confident statement to make.

He'll play for Liverpool this season, I think.

Probably.

But then we'd have to wonder how SAF got it so wrong.
It's just a rumour really. We don't know for sure he doesn't want him for that reason alone. Maybe it's just one concern he had.

And even then...just list all the crap players he's signed, even he gets it wrong.

I'm truly baffled at today's developments. There were even (faked) photos of him in here the other day in Arsenal training gear. People were wondering which day he'd be swooping in for his medical. The famed Arsenal ITK's were saying he'd had his first Arsenal photoshoot done. This all feels very surreal, with the Marca and Ballague news in the day, and now the Echo and the Guardian saying it's tipped Liverpool's way.

Arsenal fucked this up big time.

Is that supposed to help the case for us having signed him, lol?

If Mourinho is pressuring you to go to one club there are 1001 ways for him to get his way, in the end an innumerable amount of things could have gone wrong with the Arsenal transfer. No use crying over it, really disappointing for this fan though.

@Raptor - yes it is

@Madrid fans - are we watching the same game? Barca still diving Real still attempting to maim Barca player who comes close to their box. Maybe I have just come to expect diving and feigning fouls but some of Madrids defenders need to be told win the ball not assault the man

Yen

I'm weighing up whether to have a glass of diet coke or a can of Heineken. Can't quite gauge what I'd prefer.

I've run out of tea bags.

Plenty tea bags here. Water is too boring, so I think I'll just have about 6 mugs of tay.

I'd still like to see him at United though.

Never heard of SAF having an opinion on Sahin. Where did you hear that?

Raptor

LOL the possesion:

Real Madrid 28%
Barcelona 72%

Stop passing and start playing Barca goddamnit!

Real needs Di Maria and bench Ronaldo.

K1LLER7

Callejon and Benzema off haven't been in the game.

Starting to like Busquets. Keeps these game entertaining when it gets boring.

elsk

Banned
I don't get how people like Barcelona vs. Real Madrid matches that much, sure there's a couple really good ones but that's it.

jtb

Banned
I don't understand why Mou bothers having RM sit deep. Just go for it at the Camp Nou; the 0-0 is only a good result at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom