• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started the gen with a Wii. Got a PS3 when it came out, after a while months I ended up just hating the UI, controller, the store and the lack of quality exclusives. Got a 360 and Live just blew my mind. Couple of years later I re-bought a PS3 and ended up hating it again after a few months despite the updates etc.

I guess it just killed my whole interest in the brand, it just isn't for me.

YOU SUCK!

I love a load of PS3 exclusives. Were you never on the PS2 train?

Arnie

I guess it just killed my whole interest in the brand, it just isn't for me.
Same. The idea of playing a game in silence on my own is just dull to me. I party chat with my real life friends as I play, and after doing that for years anything else just seems so antiquated. Playing PS3 feels bizarrely like playing PS2 to me, for that reason. Every one of my friends plays on Live, and I do too. It just seems a superior service to me, and one I don't mind paying a couple quid a month for.

Plus I'm a shooter fan, and in that respect Halo is more important to me than Mario and Uncharted etc.

Arnie

Again, and this will sound ridiculous, I'd rather play with all my real life friends than play in ultra resolution with insane graphical features on a PC. Up to a point a game just looks good enough for me, and I'd rather play with my mates than turn the graphics up to 20. Not to mention I've had a history of bad experiences with Windows, and since buying a MBP a few years back I vowed not to go back.

I do love PC gaming though, I used to play CS all the time, but again, that's when my other friends did. Keyboard and mouse is such a superior input method it's unbelievable.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Raiola signs Omar El Kaddouri!

GYcewm.jpg

Or is it Omar sold his soul to Raiola? We were linked to him last month.

To think 2 years ago his buyout clause was €25M. I think Martinez will sort out Bayern defensive problems but I don't see him leaving this year. Barcelona have tried twice this summer to sign him but Bilbao have refused to budge from their €40M valuation.

Is Llorente worth 20-30m?

I double dipped on FIFA when it was on sale for like £6 or something.

So much smoother on PC I can't go back to PS3 now.

Mine runs like crap on my AMD card :/ I am buying a 670 in a couple of months though! I am thinking about using a VPN to play Sleeping Dogs early atm...

Don't tell me the BBC trolled me...

It's on France24 also.

Footballers Franck Ribéry (right) and Karim Benzema (left) will face trial for allegedly soliciting an underage prostitute, judicial sources said Tuesday. They are among eight defendants in the case, some of whom face charges of "aggravated pimping".

ibbRi1CjZWBKEv.gif

Paris prosecutors had in 2011 requested that the case against the two French football stars be dropped on the grounds that they did not know that Dehar was aged under 18.

Dehar, now 20, told police she was paid for sex with Ribery in 2009 and Benzema in 2008 when she was aged 16. She claimed that both players were not aware that she was under age.

The affair broke during 2010 and tarnished the image of the France football team just weeks ahead of the World Cup in South Africa.

Ribery, 29, plays for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich and 24-year-old Benzema with Primera Liga giants Real Madrid.

Both face a possible three years in prison or a 45,000 euro fine.

Meier

BBC Breaking

Edit: Realized the link goes nowhere. Stupid slow BBC.

Did Franck get with with another underage girl or was it that high class hooker from years back who was like 16-17 but looked much, much older?

Edit: Yep, looks like it's the same case.

Dehar told investigators that Benzema had paid for sex with her in 2008, when she was 16. She further claimed that Ribéry had paid sex with her the following year. He allegedly flew her to Munich as a 26th "birthday present" to himself. Ribéry, a convert to Islam who is married with three children and had been hugely popular in France for his image as a wholesome family man, told police he had not known Dehar was underage.
In November last year, the Paris state prosecutor requested that the case against the footballers be dropped on the grounds that they did not know that Dehar was under 18. But the investigating judge in charge of the case decided differently and this week sent it to trial. Both players face a possible three years in prison or a €45,000 (£35,000) fine if found guilty.
But the three-year legal investigation into alleged pimping and illegal underage sex pointed to a harsher reality behind the glamour of Paris's top bars, where Dehar said she once met clients. Born in Algeria, Dehar moved to the Paris suburbs after her parents' divorce and began going to VIP bars in central Paris in her teens.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/14/ribery-benzema-underaged-prostitution-trial

Speaking of Fletchers, and I swear this isn't just because it's Sunderland, but why the fuck are Sunderland bidding 12M+ for Stephen Fletcher?

Am I missing something here? A striker that has never scored more than 14 goals in a season and has only scored 12 in his past 3 seasons. I get that Sunderland had a massive problem last season in putting the ball in the net but surely there are better, cheaper options than Fletcher. I really don't understand it one bit.

I hear Adnan Januzaj is on? How's he looking?

You should all be aware that Januzaj is the next in the Morrison-Pogba-Clev lineage.

Heard a story that Ravel squared up to Kevin Nolan during pre season cos Nolan said Liverpool is better than Manchester. Sounds about right :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Speaking of Fletchers, and I swear this isn't just because it's Sunderland, but why the fuck are Sunderland bidding 12M+ for Stephen Fletcher?

Am I missing something here? A striker that has never scored more than 14 goals in a season and has only scored 12 in his past 3 seasons. I get that Sunderland had a massive problem last season in putting the ball in the net but surely there are better, cheaper options than Fletcher. I really don't understand it one bit.

He's a good striker but yeah £15m is a lot.

You should all be aware that Januzaj is the next in the Morrison-Pogba-Clev lineage.

Heard a story that Ravel squared up to Kevin Nolan during pre season cos Nolan said Liverpool is better than Manchester. Sounds about right :lol

He looks about 12

Looks like one of the better players out there. Nice touch on both feet. Busy too.

But yeah, I don't think buying Martínez for anything more than 20M is smart. If they want to replace Tymo, they could buy M'Villa for like 15M and Diego for 12M.

I don't see it. They want a young, talented DM with great passing that can also play CB? That's exactly what Emre Can is supposed to be. Why would they pay more than 30 fucking million for Martinez then? Give Can another year or two, Martinez won't win them the CL next year, either.

Also, you guys should watch Germany U21 vs Argentina U21 instead of tomorrow's match. There's no Toni Kroos today. It's an awesome match so far. And oh, there's no Toni Kroos.

elsk

Banned
I don't see it. They want a young, talented DM with great passing that can also play CB? That's exactly what Emre Can is supposed to be. Why would they pay more than 30 fucking million for Martinez then? Give Can another year or two, Martinez won't win them the CL next year, either.

Also, you guys should watch Germany U21 vs Argentina U21 instead of tomorrow's match. There's no Toni Kroos today. It's an awesome match so far. And oh, there's no Toni Kroos.

Nope, they want him for the DM spot... someone able to create and defend, unlike Gustavo. Emre Can is too young, he's talented but still needs at least one or two years to be considered for an starting role.

Heh, I'm watching. What a goal by Iturbe, that guy is seriously talented.

Zabojnik

"The sporting judge banned Pandev, who was sent off for abusing a linesman, and defender Andrea Dossena for two matches.Dossena was suspended for having directed an "intimidatory expression" at the referee.

Coach Walter Mazzarri, who was expelled from the dugout for abusing the referee, was given a one-match touchline ban and Zuniga, who was sent off for collecting two yellow cards, was suspended for one game."

3396410350_ea4c65edbc_m.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"The sporting judge banned Pandev, who was sent off for abusing a linesman, and defender Andrea Dossena for two matches.Dossena was suspended for having directed an "intimidatory expression" at the referee.

Coach Walter Mazzarri, who was expelled from the dugout for abusing the referee, was given a one-match touchline ban and Zuniga, who was sent off for collecting two yellow cards, was suspended for one game."

3396410350_ea4c65edbc_m.jpg

Pandev was swearing in Italian. So fucking stupid.

Nope, they want him for the DM spot... someone able to create and defend, unlike Gustavo. Emre Can is too young, he's talented but still needs at least one or two years to be considered for an starting role.

Heh, I'm watching. What a goal by Iturbe, that guy is seriously talented.

Too young, come on, he did okay against us as fucking LB. I didn't even know he could play that. Let him play DM against Fürth or something, he's ready for that and won't cost you any points. The worst thing that could happen to Can would be an almost 40m Martinez right in front of him. And if Bayern really believes in Can, it would be a very stupid thing to buy Martinez for that prize as they are very similiar players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom