• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Liverpool set to beat Arsenal to sign Nuri Sahin from Real Madrid
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/24/liverpool-arsenal-nuri-sahin
iY72m30AaROdH.gif

Sahin on £120,000-a-week is insane though.

Salvadora

that's what madrid pay him, though. it appears liverpool are prepared to pay a bigger part of that salary than arsenal wanted to, and they don't seem to mind he's only there for a season.
Even if we were able to get a reasonable buy-out clause he would have to take a substantial pay cut to join us.

Salvadora

Don't know, man. He joined Real Madrid as the best Bundesliga midfielder/player last year. I think it's okay, it obviously looks wrong after his injuries and not having played more than like 5 matches or something.
It just seems a huge amount for what seems like a fringe player at Madrid, Injuries aside.

It just seems a huge amount for what seems like a fringe player at Madrid, Injuries aside.

You have to conside Nuri cost like nothing at all with that stupid release clause. I'm pretty sure Fazeli made sure Nuri and he himself get the money Real would have spent without the clause.

Arnie

I understand the mocking of the Fletcher price, just because of the obvious British Tax, but I hope people aren't thinking he's a crap striker. He's class. As a finisher, and a target in the box on the end of crosses, he's superb. Who puts the most crosses into the box? Sunderland.

People get hung up on prices too much, in my opinion. It's as if us fans are actually bankers, tallying deals up and logging them in our thick ring binders, titled 'accounts'. If Fletcher goes and scores 15 goals next season, which is the difference between Sunderland struggling and Sunderland pushing those around in mid table, that £14 million will have been well worth it.

I also think that if Fletcher wasn't a bald Scott, and instead some olive skinned Portugese ace then people would be applauding Sunderland for capturing him.

Stubo

United, too. Should have both signed Hummels but he's going nowhere <3

Dortmund wouldn't accept any approach for Hummels.

We'll be back for Lewandowski though .

:)
I signed Hummels for United on FM. Many Dortmund players made my shopping list after about 5 years of playing career mode with them on FIFA 12, great players!

Personally I think Sven Bender would be the most useful. Need some of his talents in united's mid. Frogson sign him up etc.

Arnie

For Liverpool fans with access to LFC TV, Rodgers pre-City press conference is due to start any minute.

Wolves have made a sexy amount of money. They just sold Jarvis to West Ham for like 10+m too.
£24 million in the Championship is a fantastic amount, one that if spent wisely should guarantee promotion. I do worry that they've run out of time to properly spend it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom