• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

CJ4BI.jpg

Büttner and VdV.

Yen

Was reading about Lance Armstrong's doping allegations. He was once accused by an IOC member called Dick Pound. Oh my...

Andrey Arshavin apparently. Laugh as you will.

Is he earning £100,000+?

The Arsenal board. They've made a good few million this transfer window alone.

Oh snap.

Good news health-wise guys: I had my ultrasound this morning and there's no 'breach' in my abdomen as was first thought. Some of the looks I was getting from the pregnant girls as I was called through were priceless. It's a small victory, but it means that I can play football again so I'm pretty chuffed about that.

Oh and I'm starting Darksiders 1.. Any good?

Kyoufu

So he's definitely going Fulham?

WTF

Fucking Newcastle are incompetent tarts this Summer.

It's really sad we haven't signed more than one first team player. While I do love that we make smart purchases I hate that we don't make more of an effort to strengthen our squad.

And I get the feeling we're going to sell Tiote or Cabaye in the next 7 days. Feels bad man.

Arnie

Oh and I'm starting Darksiders 1.. Any good?

I really enjoyed it, yea. Like Zelda with better (and a greater emphasis on) combat, but less charm.

Damn you Clegg, you're evil, now I'm watching Youtube videos of Huntelaar and we're almost guaranteed to not even be in for him.

Yen

Dabbe van den Brand ‏@Dabboe
Dutch sports channel 'sport1' say lfc might buy Huntelaar to link up with suarez again if we sell andy, huntelaar will cost €20m

Pay up Kyoufu

Kyoufu

Dutch sports channel 'sport1' say lfc might buy Huntelaar to link up with suarez again if we sell andy, huntelaar will cost €20m

Pay up Kyoufu

We're not even willing to pay the asking price for a French international, there's no way we'll pay 15-20 for Carroll!

Dortmund wouldn't accept any approach for Hummels.

We'll be back for Lewandowski though .

:)
I still have a bit of hope Lewandowski does the right thing and doesn't listen to his agent. I kinda doubt it, though. Player's agents ruining nice things since whoknowswhen.

What about Subotic? Could we take him off your hands? :p

Well, he wants to play in the PL sooner or later. United should have a good chance of signing him. I think it's rather later than sooner, though.

Arnie

Pay up Kyoufu

Take £12 million and add the rest. Huntelaar's fucking vastly superior to Carroll in the finishing department, some of his headers from deep in the box are magnificent. Would link will with Suarez and Assaidi because they all speak Dutch, too. Just a great transfer all round, he's like a budget RVP, which make no mistake, is a class signing.

I hate links like this, we'll end up playing Suarez up front in the centre for the rest of the season.

The inspiration for Liverpool's away shirts.

:lol

The inspiration was actually Liverpool's nautical history, which explains why it looks like a fucking wetsuit. It's hard to muck up a plain black kit, but Warrior managed it. Still deeply in love with the home shirt though.

Salvadora

The possibility of Vito starting against Stoke makes me incredibly nervous. Arsene said Fabiański should be back but I won't believe it until I see it.

Do we have any idea of how much of Sahin's wages Arsenal were willing to pay? Sounds like that might've been a problem for Arsenal as as well as the buyout cause debacle.

I'm definitely interested to see how we're paying for him, anyway.

I really enjoyed it, yea. Like Zelda with better (and a greater emphasis on) combat, but less charm.

Damn you Clegg, you're evil, now I'm watching Youtube videos of Huntelaar and we're almost guaranteed to not even be in for him.

Yeah, it's definitely got that whole 'I am a modern game, play a 2-hour tutorial' thing going on, but I'm impressed with what I've played so far. Some of the grabs are pretty egregious, however. Loving the 90s comic vibe, too; it's bringing me back to reading Sandman in uni for some reason.

Arnie

After a couple of dicey posts in the last week, I think it's only fair that Arsenal fans accept this RAWKlike post:

A1Dk8LiCIAAOhvk.jpg:large

I'm entirely aware that this picture is merely a wind up, and doesn't actually reflect our Nuri's thinking

Salvadora

I'm entirely aware that this picture is merely a wind up, and doesn't actually reflect our Nuri's thinking

I wonder why..

Do we have any idea of how much of Sahin's wages Arsenal were willing to pay? Sounds like that might've been a problem for Arsenal as as well as the buyout cause debacle.

I'm definitely interested to see how we're paying for him, anyway.
Haven't seen anything on that, Sorry.

Splatt

Pay up Kyoufu

Huntelaar. For €20m.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Or both.

I just read Allegri threatened to resign over the move for Ze Eduardo.

All is not right in Milan.

Dude has balls. Sometimes. But I guess that Kakà will bring peace in Milan, so that Allegri and Galliani could be bff once again.

A journalist said this morning that we should get back Inzaghi, while waiting for Pato to get back on his feet (45 days out, btw. And we haven't even started Serie A).

Arnie

We need a goalscorer and Huntelaar ticks all the boxes.

Exactly.

Natural finisher, something we haven't had since Torres left. We're already capable of creating the chances, if Huntelaar was on the end of the opportunities Suarez had last weekend, we'd have been 2 nil up before Gera's goal.

Imagine Nuri dropping balls over the defence to him as well. Like I say, he's a budget RVP, and that's still a good thing.

I'd fucking sell Carroll for £12 million if it meant getting Huntelaar before the window shuts.

Yen

Here ish the arshicle for all ze dutschies:
http://www.sport1.nl/nieuws/38775-huntelaar-kan-weer-met-suarez-spelen.html

dc89

Four Four Tom on Sahin:

"Whilst Nuri Sahin is a great player, I'm amazed that Liverpool fans are so happy to see him joining on a season long loan for two reasons.
- the fee/wages Liverpool are paying (some report it as high as £10million) is ludicrous to take a player on loan for one season with no set option to buy at the end of the season.
- Sahin not only turned Liverpool down once in favour of Arsenal, but twice. Liverpool wanted him originally and he stressed that he wanted Champions League football - rejection number one. Arsenal came in for Sahin and he looked set to join until Arsenal stalled the deal, waiting on Alex Song's future to resolve itself. Liverpool came back into the frame, trying to hijack Arsenal's deal, until Arsenal came back in and agreed a deal - rejection number two. Arsene Wenger (being Arsene Wenger) then decided to haggle on the crazy price, before dropping out of the deal for a second time due to Real Madrid's refusal to add an option to buy at the end of the season.

Personally, I'm not particularly bothered that Arsenal have missed out on signing Sahin on loan with no option to buy. We'd play him into form and then give him back to Real Madrid - who would either keep him and have another great player in their ranks or sell him for double what his price would have been if it had been agreed as part of the loan deal. Arsenal are a football club, not a babysitting service."

He mad.

K1LLER7

@LopezOlvera

Héctor Herrera stays at Pachuca at least until December but #MUFC wants to buy the mexican player in the next transfer window.

He's currently injured and according to this guy United will let him stay until the January transfer window.

Arnie

Huntelaar to Liverpool would be RAWK vindicated. Those guys want him.. badly.

I want him badly.

I've been under no illusions that we've needed a striker all window, and I don't see Carroll getting the goals for us, no matter how much promise he shows, or how many innocuous aerial duels he wins. And when contemplating who I'd want the other day I genuinely thought of how good Huntelaar would be, before any sort of link or rumour had surfaced. He's just a pure goal scorer.

Four Four Tom on Sahin:

"Whilst Nuri Sahin is a great player, I'm amazed that Liverpool fans are so happy to see him joining on a season long loan for two reasons.
- the fee/wages Liverpool are paying (some report it as high as £10million) is ludicrous to take a player on loan for one season with no set option to buy at the end of the season.
- Sahin not only turned Liverpool down once in favour of Arsenal, but twice. Liverpool wanted him originally and he stressed that he wanted Champions League football - rejection number one. Arsenal came in for Sahin and he looked set to join until Arsenal stalled the deal, waiting on Alex Song's future to resolve itself. Liverpool came back into the frame, trying to hijack Arsenal's deal, until Arsenal came back in and agreed a deal - rejection number two. Arsene Wenger (being Arsene Wenger) then decided to haggle on the crazy price, before dropping out of the deal for a second time due to Real Madrid's refusal to add an option to buy at the end of the season.

Personally, I'm not particularly bothered that Arsenal have missed out on signing Sahin on loan with no option to buy. We'd play him into form and then give him back to Real Madrid - who would either keep him and have another great player in their ranks or sell him for double what his price would have been if it had been agreed as part of the loan deal. Arsenal are a football club, not a babysitting service."

He mad.

He sounds saltier than an old piece of bacon, so I'm taking everything he's saying with a pinch of salt. It's kind of how Dibbz said he'd rather not have Sahin on loan last night, when that's just bullshit, most teams would love to take Sahin for the season, especially one devoid of top, top quality like Liverpool (and Arsenal).

And again, the talk of finances like Liverpool fans give much of a fuck about wages. We cleared a ton of wages off the bill this summer, we can afford Sahin's demands, easily. He'll be earning less than the likes of Maxi and Dirk did last season, who nearly always started on the bench. Sahin will be in our first 11.

And whilst Sahin will most likely return to Madrid next season, but Mourinho isn't going to fuck Rodgers over, as this guy's half implying.

GorillaJu

I want him badly.

I've been under no illusions that we've needed a striker all window, and I don't see Carroll getting the goals for us, no matter how much promise he shows, or how many innocuous aerial duels he wins. And when contemplating who I'd want the other day I genuinely thought of how good Huntelaar would be, before any sort of link or rumour had surfaced. He's just a pure goal scorer.

I want Borini to be our pure goal scorer. :(

Splatt

For what reason?

I just remember him being completely shit whenever I watched him play. Fair enough, he scored 47 goals last year (didn't know this, thanks Yenrot) and perhaps I'm wrong about him, but I feel overpaying a player, and an old one at that, is a mistake.

€20m is too much for a 29 year old unproven at a higher level.

Either way, I don't see Liverpool getting him. I think this is the 2nd (or 3rd) season he has been linked with you.

Yen

I noticed yesterday, FourFourTom went back and deleted all his tweets where he said Sahin would be an amazing signing for Arsenal.
KuGsj.gif

Clegg

Huntelaar is a good striker and has excelled in Holland and Germany. But he didn't impress at Madrid or Milan. I think he'd do well at Liverpool but I don't rate him as highly as others do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom