• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

There's almost no similarity between the Rodwell and Fletcher transfers. Rodwell was more or less an austerity signing. He'll be a better long term option than De Jong, and will probably end up at a similar level to Gareth Barry.

Fletcher is to fill in a pretty gaping hole at Sunderland. They have a severe dearth of talent in the striker position, and Fletcher is a solid match for their play style, like Arnie mentioned. Even at £14m it's not a bad transfer. Sometimes you have to overpay to fill in the positions you need help the most with. He was one of the most clinical goal scorers in the PL last year... insane conversion rate.

oy.. hangukmal hajima!

Meier

Ouch, Fox Soccer just twisting the knife on Facebook..

TROUBLING TIMES?

Players that left Arsenal have won a combined 44 trophies in the past 7 years. Arsenal have won none in that time.

521938_10151048597267946_1074565359_n.jpg

There's people on twitter camped outside Spurs Lodge just taking pictures through the gate of everyone they see in the car park. Interesting stuff!

Isn't the last time Arsenal won at Stoke also when Ramsey broke his leg? So in other words, Arsenal can't win there.

That 44/7 stat S.U.C.K.S.

Stoke know how to play against us, just by being aggressive and very defensive and then catching us on the break.I hate watching our Stoke matches.

Arnie

Neil Atkinson on The Anfield Wrap just described Savic as someone who's won a competition to play for Manchester City. I laughed.

dc89

Neil Atkinson on The Anfield Wrap just described Savic as someone who's won a competition to play for Manchester City. I laughed.

Poor Stefan. Everyone will eat their words in a few years time. Bookmark this post, he will go on to be one of the best defenders in the Premier League.

Meier

Poor Stefan. Everyone will eat their words in a few years time. Bookmark this post, he will go on to be one of the best defenders in the Premier League.

Let's not get carried away.. haha. He was very highly regarded though so it's not like there isn't some talent there (and he's looked decent at times although he's been mostly awful). I think he just needs a year or two on loan. Can't really see him ever amounting to anything while he is a City player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom