• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi's dream..
710x330_FifaSoccer13_v2.jpg
Where's my John Terry steelbook?

Clegg

Some cunts have just tried to break into my house while my family was upstairs asleep.

We have a pull up door handle that locks the front door. It makes a loud noise when you pull it back down again. About 30 mins ago someone tried to open our front door and it made that loud noise. I didn't know what the fuck was going on. Me and my dad came down the stairs, checked the ground floor of the house and nobody was there. We opened our front door and our neighbour 2 doors down was swinging a golf club at a car full of youngfellas. He broke the windscreen before they got away.

Police have been and gone already. I'm worried though. I heard the latch go down but now I think I may have heard a second bang, like they actually got into our house but slammed the the front door shut because our neighbour scared them off. They actually managed to open our neighbours front door and I'm worried they may have opened ours too. I just don't know for sure.

We're getting the locks changed tomorrow.

Some cunts have just tried to break into my house while my family was upstairs asleep.

We have a pull up door handle that locks the front door. It makes a loud noise when you pull it back down again. About 30 mins ago someone tried to open our front door and it made that loud noise. I didn't know what the fuck was going on. Me and my dad came down the stairs, checked the ground floor of the house and nobody was there. We opened our front door and our neighbour 2 doors down was swinging a golf club at a car full of youngfellas. He broke the windscreen before they got away.

Police have been and gone already. I'm worried though. I heard the latch go down but now I think I may have heard a second bang, like they actually got into our house but slammed the the front door shut because our neighbour scared them off. They actually managed to open our neighbours front door and I'm worried they may have opened ours too. I just don't know for sure.

Nightmare. That would freak me out. I keep the neck of an old bass guitar handy in case of such events.

elsk

Banned
I would delete the word, Clegg.

I know the feeling, well sort of. Last year I was in Costa Rica around May and some assholes broke into my house in Honduras while my family was sleeping. Thankfully, my family was sleeping and they managed to not wake up any of them so they just took the notebooks and cellphones and left.

Fucking shits.

Damn. Scary Clegg, least you're all okay.

We were burgled a couple of years back now. It's the worst. They broke in through a side door and totally ripped the lock off the door. There was a big wooden stick, must have been a 8x2 or something with nails in it left in the house too. I guess they had that as a weapon.

Luckily nobody was home and they took everything, usually my mum is at home so it was really scary for a while thinking people could break in.It's not really the loss of possessions that's the worst thing, it's not being able to feel safe in your home.

Sadly a lot of burglaries seem to be happening these days. On my road these guys turned up in the disguise of window fitters, took a front room window off a house and burgled it. Messed up.

Lightning

Banned
Damn Clegg. That's shocking. My condolences man.

I wonder what's going on with Walcotts contract? Surely we will not allow him to leave for free and I've heard nothing on him signing another contract with us.

elsk

Banned
Damn Clegg. That's shocking. My condolences man.

I wonder what's going on with Walcotts contract? Surely we will not allow him to leave for free and I've heard nothing on him signing another contract with us.

He's waiting for Bolt to teach him how to be a top winger.

Scary shit. I've got a few things in my room I could use as weapons though..

Clegg

We live in a pretty quiet neighbourhood. Don't think anything like this has ever happened to anyone I know that lives here. I'm freaking out a little wondering why they chose the specific two houses. I'm worried that they may have been staking us out or something.

Our neighbour gave the make and model number to the police. It was a BMW 317. He even got a partial reg plate number.

Now I'm just worried that they may come back and try again.

I now have a golf club in my bedroom and so does my brother.

I think it's pretty unlikely they will try again. They've tried and failed so unless you have something pretty damn special in your house they'll move on elsewhere.

Clegg

I think it's pretty unlikely they will try again. They've tried and failed so unless you have something pretty damn special in your house they'll move on elsewhere.

Just the usual stuff. We do have our games and DVDs on shelves in the front room though. You can see them if you look through our front window. But you can only see them if you actually put your face right up to the glass as the shelves are sort of off to the side of the room.

TBH I'm just shocked that this has even happened.

Damn man, glad to hear everyone's okay. Scary shit.

ATF487

We live in a pretty quiet neighbourhood. Don't think anything like this has ever happened to anyone I know that lives here. I'm freaking out a little wondering why they chose the specific two houses. I'm worried that they may have been staking us out or something.

Our neighbour gave the make and model number to the police. It was a BMW 317. He even got a partial reg plate number.

Now I'm just worried that they may come back and try again.

I now have a golf club in my bedroom and so does my brother.

Sucks to lose that sense of security, it's something I take for granted.

Sounds like your neighbors are cool people, though.

Dibbz

Now that I think about it, there's very few things that make me laugh really hard consistently. Comedians don't do it, comedies rarely do it.

Literally the funniest thing on the planet is Karl Pilkington, how I wish I could go back to being a Pilkington virgin and discovering him all over again.

I don't think I'll ever laugh like it again :(

lol I've just started to watch An Idiot Abroad. God damn if this isn't some of the best TV I've seen in a while. Just finished the Jordan episode and about to watch Mexico. :D

Clegg

Sucks to lose that sense of security, it's something I take for granted.

Sounds like your neighbors are cool people, though.

Yeah, its been a complete shock to the system.

My sister is friends with our neighbours daughter so we know them pretty well. Never seen him that angry either. He cracked the windscreen of the getaway car pretty badly too.

G17

Watching QI, its a shame Alan Davies is such a JT, as I find him very funny on the programme :(

I listen to that podcast weekly and it was blown out of proportion by the media. To still hold a grudge against him after he apologized and offered to donate privately (was rejected) is too much. Many fans didn't do any favours after he received hundreds of death threats and messages mocking his mother who he referred to during that tangent either.

I'll still continue listening to perhaps the funniest podcast out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm-0uOC3Zvk

GorillaJu

I have it on good authority that Man United and Arsenal have agreed that any deal for RVP will need to be concluded within the next 17 days.

Also been told that Liverpool and Arsenal have agreed to a similar time line with Real Madrid and Barcelona over any potential transfers regarding Sahin and Tello - 17 days or the deal doesn't happen.

This is just what I've been told, guys, don't take it too seriously, we all know things can change in football. "Anything can happen."

Salazar

This is just what I've been told, guys, don't take it too seriously

I like and respect you morsel, but - honestly, there is at this point no danger whatsoever of me taking any aspect of the transfer window seriously.

Not only do the horde of ITK twerps not care if they get things wrong, the vast majority of the journalists don't give much of a toss either.

MPW

8325db40e69411e1bed91231380ffeeb_7.jpg

Just got this.

Looks a lot like an Inter kit only difference is all the labels and trimmings.

should have got GS away :p

that shirt is just class

Man City leading chase for Drenthe signature

you wanted signings mancini, be careful what you wish for!

Meier

Not to say I'd be a big fan of it, but depending on how set Mancini is on 3-5-2, Drenthe could probably play in that system as a Wingback if we sold Kolarov.

That being said, I'd imagine it's just his agent spewing nonsense to spur other clubs along.

Salazar

Robert Huth is in danger of missing the start of the season after contracting meningitis, though with a rather pleasing predictability Pulis was already talking to another giant defender in right back Sebastien Boenisch, who played for Poland in Euro 2012 but has spent his club career in Germany and played at Under-21 level for the German national side. Boenisch is 6ft 3in, which by a completely unremarkable coincidence is the same height as Cameron, whose work permit clearance has just come through in time for him to start the season with Stoke.

Rinse and repeat season from everyone's favourites.

I can just imagine Pulis watching Euro 2012 on telly and jotting down the names of all the monstrous looking bastards.

dc89

man that would shit me up. Changing the locks is the best thing to do!

GorillaJu

Don't quote him! He said the c-w*rd!

Don't think Mancini needs another one of "those" when he's already got Balotelli, Nasri, Tevez and Johnson. Drenthe link is certainly BS.

Arjen

So first friendly tonight after the horrible EC, van Persie benched, Huntelaar as striker, interesting to see how it wil al play out tonight.

Lightning

Banned
So first friendly tonight after the horrible EC, van Persie benched, Huntelaar as striker, interesting to see how it wil al play out tonight.
Yeah, I'm eager for us to get back on track. The Euros was horrendous and hopefully Van Gaal can turn it around and sort out what'sgoing on behind the scenes.

rodvik

Some ^*^* have just tried to break into my house while my family was upstairs asleep.

Sorry mate. That sucks. Very disturbing. Hope you an dyour family are ok!

Soi-Fong

Hope you and your family are ok!! That's really freaky..

First friendly for Russia under Capello as well. I expect the same classic Russia, look promising yet ultimately under-deliver.

In other news CSKA's Doumbia is out for 3 months with some sort of back problem. I'd say this would pretty much seal the league for Zenit especially with how horrible Spartak is looking. Now we can concentrate all efforts on the Champions League.

Lightning

Banned
First friendly for Russia under Capello as well. I expect the same classic Russia, look promising yet ultimately under-deliver.
it's amazing Arshavin managed to maintain the captaincy after that stupid outburst of his after you guys were eliminated early at the euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom