• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

All that matches

A0UliyhCYAArEVL.jpg:large

Fucking International football. At least half of our players suddenly got mysteriously injured and couldn't go. Will probably end up betting on half the matches to try and find some excitement in them.

PaulLFC

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC

tello, its sahin your looking for. #lfc
@Sirkahuna @Pavan_LFC i didnt say that ffs sake it was a little jokey song. #lfc confident on both now, i think both will happen this week.

Mustn't get too excited yet...

Fucking International football. At least half of our players suddenly got mysteriously injured and couldn't go. Will probably end up betting on half the matches to try and find some excitement in them.
Yep, absolute joke. Who honestly thinks playing meaningless friendlies less than a week before the new season starts is a good idea? No-one, surely? Should have been scrapped by now.

Some **** have just tried to break into my house while my family was upstairs asleep.

We have a pull up door handle that locks the front door. It makes a loud noise when you pull it back down again. About 30 mins ago someone tried to open our front door and it made that loud noise. I didn't know what the fuck was going on. Me and my dad came down the stairs, checked the ground floor of the house and nobody was there. We opened our front door and our neighbour 2 doors down was swinging a golf club at a car full of youngfellas. He broke the windscreen before they got away.

Police have been and gone already. I'm worried though. I heard the latch go down but now I think I may have heard a second bang, like they actually got into our house but slammed the the front door shut because our neighbour scared them off. They actually managed to open our neighbours front door and I'm worried they may have opened ours too. I just don't know for sure.

We're getting the locks changed tomorrow.

Our house was broken into about 3 years ago. You just feel violated. Out of all the stuff they stole, my camera with my dad's 60th birthday pictures was the one I was really upset about, to the point I was depressed. I didn't care for the camera because it can be replaced, but the pictures couldn't.

kharma45

Bit late now but wow Clegg, scary shit! Glad you and your family were OK!

Reminds me of when people tried to kidnap my mum and brother last year, slightly unnerving.

it's amazing Arshavin managed to maintain the captaincy after that stupid outburst of his after you guys were eliminated early at the euros.

Capello's reaction to all the criticism: "it only makes us stronger".

This team will be perpetually dysfunctional. Kinda like Netherlands but with less success.

Salazar

So either Cleverley learned some Nipponjin or Kagawa is adapting to English well

The latter seems more likely.

Good to read Clev saying that collecting the ball from the back four is a big and enjoyable part of his role. Much as I think he's a sufficiently quick and clever passer to help us around the box, speed in getting and giving it earlier on will help us an awful lot.

snoopen

Sahin will get much out of spending a year at loan with Liverpool, surrounded by talentless, overpriced English players and struggling to make the top 6.

Should really go Arsenal.

panty

Any footy-gaffers in Torino or Milan? I'm thinking of doing a footy-trip from Italy to Spain (Milan-Torino-Barcelona-Madrid etc) and would like to meet up and go watch some matches together.

I'm most definitely going to Madrid so Madrid-gaffers, this offer is for you too lol. I've been trying to get a friend to go with but school/work whatevs and no one can.

Traveling alone, me no good at : (

Salvadora

I have it on good authority that Man United and Arsenal have agreed that any deal for RVP will need to be concluded within the next 17 days.

Also been told that Liverpool and Arsenal have agreed to a similar time line with Real Madrid and Barcelona over any potential transfers regarding Sahin and Tello - 17 days or the deal doesn't happen.

This is just what I've been told, guys, don't take it too seriously, we all know things can change in football. "Anything can happen."

I take it Sahin would be for us?

Bumhead

Banned
Talksport seem to think we are signing Jay Bothroyd.

I would have him like a shot. Quality at Championship level and it was Dave Jones who got the best out of him at Cardiff. Not sure the reported £1m fee and presumably high wages are within our budget, though.

Any footy-gaffers in Torino or Milan? I'm thinking of doing a footy-trip from Italy to Spain (Milan-Torino-Barcelona-Madrid etc) and would like to meet up and go watch some matches together.

I'm most definitely going to Madrid so Madrid-gaffers, this offer is for you too lol. I've been trying to get a friend to go with but school/work whatevs and no one can.

Traveling alone, me no good at : (

When are you in Torino? I might be going back next year after the Serie A winter break.

Feorax

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC

tello, its sahin your looking for. #lfc
@Sirkahuna @Pavan_LFC i didnt say that ffs sake it was a little jokey song. #lfc confident on both now, i think both will happen this week.

Liverpool echo also reporting Sahin is a matter of when, not if. Normally very reliable.

3Sixty

#Inter. Seria l'insidia del #Southampton per #Ramirez. Lui verso il si. Ora parola al #Bologna. #rischio #gds

From Gazzetta dello sport.

Told it means Ramirez has agreed to join Southampton, if Bologna agree a price. But i don't speak Italian.

Linius

Also, the Next Gen Series are to begin today. I see Barcelona is playing against Anderlecht tonight. Guess I'll be following how Ajax will hold up this season. Seeing how they lost some players to the first team I won't expect much.

Carbonox

#Inter. Seria l'insidia del #Southampton per #Ramirez. Lui verso il si. Ora parola al #Bologna. #rischio #gds

From Gazzetta dello sport.

Told it means Ramirez has agreed to join Southampton, if Bologna agree a price. But i don't speak Italian.

wat

Southampton? :lol

3Sixty

Never heard of this guy, be he's good :|

How did he only played eight matches for the national team?

Because he is English.

In his auto biography he tells of Platini constantly calling him and his agent trying to get him to play for France despite not being eligible.

Also, how have you not heard of Le Tiss!!!

Wilbur

Banned
Sorry to hear that, Clegg. Hope they catch the fuckers.

NextGen Series starts today. Time to watch some kids in action. That almost sounded like something Wilbury would say.

wilbury.gif

Chanrai withdraws bid for Portsmouth.

Looks like they are dead.

A great day for football.

I don't think I can watch the Football League show without that bastard Pompey fan with his tuba and his face paint popping up once a week.

Talksport seem to think we are signing Jay Bothroyd.

I would have him like a shot. Quality at Championship level and it was Dave Jones who got the best out of him at Cardiff. Not sure the reported £1m fee and presumably high wages are within our budget, though.

Yeah that would be a good signing indeed. Forgot he existed actually, done fuck all last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom