• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

What's up with people using the c-word out of the blue? Is that allowed again?

Makes me feel old knowing I used to watch Le Tissier run wild on other teams in the 90s. :(

You old fella. I'm from '91, so I wasn't that in to football during the nineties :p

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck stories like Clegg's. So many cunts in this world.

Our family is one of the only ones we know that haven't been burgled, makes me a bit wary. I'll sit playing the Playstation with the back door open at night so the dog can go in and out when she pleases but I'll sit with a giant bread knife next to me haha

Ready to shiv anyone trying to steal my Manchester United underpants

WJD

Our family is one of the only ones we know that haven't been burgled, makes me a bit wary. I'll sit playing the Playstation with the back door open at night so the dog can go in and out when she pleases but I'll sit with a giant bread knife next to me haha

Ready to shiv anyone trying to steal my Manchester United underpants

I leave my car on the drive whenever I'm at Uni so I'd like to think that acts as a bit of a deterrent against burglars but yeah, if I ever hear a car stop outside in the middle of the night I get a bit wary.

It's usually the milk man though.

Wilbur

Banned
I leave my car on the drive whenever I'm at Uni so I'd like to think that acts as a bit of a deterrent against burglars but yeah, if I ever hear a car stop outside in the middle of the night I get a bit wary.

It's usually the milk man though.

I've got a friend whose mum actually fucked the milkman. I didn't even know they still existed but when he told me I could just see Pat Mustard from Father Ted.

We call him the Milky Bar Kid, but he's black. Go figure.

3Sixty

My house has been burgled twice.

It's a pretty bad feeling. Fortunately most burglars are dumb and take lower value stuff than what is right in front of them.

Also came home from work one night to find some guy climbing over my side fence. I restrained him, called the police and they pretty much let him go free.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah it's a fucking crime Le Tissier didn't get picked for England. He's the type of player now that we'd all be hyping up and would be playing for one of the top clubs in Europe. So good.

kharma45

My house has been burgled twice.

It's a pretty bad feeling. Fortunately most burglars are dumb and take lower value stuff than what is right in front of them.

Also came home from work one night to find some guy climbing over my side fence. I restrained him, called the police and they pretty much let him go free.

Nothing worse than that happening.

When the guys who'd planned to kidnap part of my family arrived to do it, we'd the police waiting inside the house instead of us and they were arrested. Now the police had been watching them for a few weeks, had gathered intel and other various bits and bobs but the boys were still let free somehow, baffles me.

GorillaJu

El Torito is far from fine cuisine but finding one here in Japan is making my eyes nearly tear up with relish. I'm going to murder my burrito like my name is Jeffrey Daumer.

3Sixty

What an international star he would've been if he'd have left Southampton. World class.

imNCvPtqEspf0.jpg

WJD

I've got a friend whose mum actually fucked the milkman. I didn't even know they still existed but when he told me I could just see Pat Mustard from Father Ted.

We call him the Milky Bar Kid, but he's black. Go figure.

like i said, always the bloody milk man

3Sixty

Yeah, still. Those goals and tricks are still fucking awesome.

He reportedly tore up contracts that he signed for Spurs and Chelsea.

I also remember saving this bit of his auto biography.

"The first came a couple of years later when Jerome rang and said one of the biggest clubs in Europe was in for me. He didn’t want to tell me about it over the phone so I had to drive up to London to meet him in a hotel. I went up thinking it might be Real Madrid or Barcelona but it turned out to be Liverpool."

WJD

He reportedly tore up contracts that he signed for Spurs and Chelsea.

I also remember saving this bit of his auto biography.

"The first came a couple of years later when Jerome rang and said one of the biggest clubs in Europe was in for me. He didn’t want to tell me about it over the phone so I had to drive up to London to meet him in a hotel. I went up thinking it might be Real Madrid or Barcelona but it turned out to be Liverpool."

You're really selling this autobiography to me.

panty

u9pXD.gif

didgk.jpg

Jerome was a master troll.

3Sixty

You're really selling this autobiography to me.

Its amazing as a Saints fan, it gives alot of insight into the club during some trying times. Including how we missed out on a young Adebayor because Rupert Lowe was too tight on wages.

Might be worth it as a general football fan though. (Warning it mentions the 6-3 and the Grey Shirts Saints vs United games)

WJD

Its amazing as a Saints fan, it gives alot of insight into the club during some trying times. Including how we missed out on a young Adebayor because Rupert Lowe was too tight on wages.

Might be worth it as a general football fan though. (Warning it mentions the 6-3 and the Grey Shirts Saints vs United games)

That Grey Shirts game has been mentioned in pretty much any United related autobiography I've read. It was a genuine problem!

Salvadora

Song wants Barcelona move, reveals team-mate
Arsenal star Alex Song has his heart set on a move to Barcelona, according to his international team-mate Carlos Kameni.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger insists claims the midfielder wants to move to the Nou Camp have no foundation, but Malaga goalkeeper Kameni thinks otherwise.
"We were together on holiday and he said he wants to go to Barcelona," Kameni told Portuguese newspaper Abola.
"Everyone wants to play for Barcelona. Song would fit right in at Barcelona. He has all the qualities to play there.
"He is like Yaya Toure, but with more responsibility. He's doing well. He works hard and is the complete player."
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...wants-barcelona-move-reveals-team-mate-178647
Don't know how I missed this..

Kyoufu

Highlight of the 90s was beating Hamchester 5-0 and then they lost 6-2 to South Hampton.

So much ham.

they still won the PL :(

Koné goes to Wigan after perfoming the best season Levante had in its history.

He was owned by Sevilla and loaned to Levante last summer IIRC.

He made near 20 goals.

Awesome striker.

Clegg

I still think City are very keen on RVP. I don't believe a word of what Mancini was saying. Right now I'd imagine that United are closer to signing him than City but Arsenals desire not to sell to us and Uniteds lack on financial oomph will continue this saga.

This is beginning to look a lot like the Sneijder deal. The media saying that the player wants to come to United and that a fee/personal terms have been agreed. And that ended very badly for us.

Kyoufu

Koné goes to Wigan after perfoming the best season Levante had in its history.

He was owned by Sevilla and loaned to Levante last summer IIRC.

He made near 20 goals.

Awesome striker.

Even Wigan have made signings.

Newcastle going to get relegated again :'(

I thought you only got into football the last couple years?

Robbie Fowler helped me through the 90s. Highlight for me was both Newcastle Liverpool 4-3s

Nah I used to watch it in the 90s when I was a kid. Then I stopped around the time Ruud Gullit was sacked lol.

The 4-3 at Anfield killed our title hopes pretty much :(

elseanio

Highlight of the 90s was beating Hamchester 5-0 and then they lost 6-2 to South Hampton.

So much ham.

they still won the PL :(

I thought you only got into football the last couple years?

Robbie Fowler helped me through the 90s. Highlight for me was both Newcastle Liverpool 4-3s

Twitter seems to think Mourinho is pushing Sahin towards Liverpool over Arsenal. This is the worst.

West Ham are making some really good signings.

Wilbur

Banned
Twitter seems to think Mourinho is pushing Sahin towards Liverpool over Arsenal. This is the worst.

West Ham are making some really good signings.

I haven't got a fucking clue why we're not in for him. Not a fucking clue.

West Ham will comfortably stay up.

Song wants Barcelona move, reveals team-mate

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...wants-barcelona-move-reveals-team-mate-178647
Don't know how I missed this..

What player wouldn't want to go to Barcelona? Ronaldo probably secretly envisages it as well. Even 'Arsenal man' Henry couldn't say no to Barca. Song is on a contract. If he hands in a transfer request, stick him in the reserves until that contract ends. I would be the people's coach; no nonsense kinda bloke

I haven't got a fucking clue why we're not in for him. Not a fucking clue.

West Ham will comfortably stay up.
It'll be because it's just a loan option I think (I hope?).

We wouldn't go for that. And as great as Sahin is, or was, I can see why. There's no point in loaning him in for a season only for him to go back to Madrid and have him stop Cleverley getting minutes. Long term it makes no sense for us. With our squad and position in the table, we shouldn't really be looking at loan deals.

Stubo

A guy at work just said Kagawa will sell lots of shirts, but he's worth nothing as a player.

I told him I'll start baking his humble pie.

bjaelke

Manuel Encalada ‏@futbolinstante
Nuri Sahin is expected to arrive at Anfield this week to finalise personal terms ahead of a season-long loan move.

Tello staying at Barca

Wilbur

Banned

We wouldn't go for that. And as great as Sahin is, or was, I can see why. There's no point in loaning him in for a season only for him to go back to Madrid and have him stop Cleverley getting minutes. Long term it makes no sense for us. With our squad and position in the table, we shouldn't really be looking at loan deals.

I understand that but I'd rather spend the 20m put away for RVP and make that an opening bid, because I think Madrid would be tempted.

He shouldn't be taking minutes from Clev, he should be taking them from Scholes. I get we don't want loan deals though. Just frustrating.

Clegg

I'd love to have Sahin at United but I agree with Viva. There is just no point in taking him on loan. I can also see United objecting to the buy back clause that Madrid reportedly want if they sell Sahin. Why should they develop a player only to see another club swoop in for him?

Salvadora

What player wouldn't want to go to Barcelona? Ronaldo probably secretly envisages it as well. Even 'Arsenal man' Henry couldn't say no to Barca. Song is on a contract. If he hands in a transfer request, stick him in the reserves until that contract ends. I would be the people's coach; no nonsense kinda bloke
It's understandable for players to want to play for Barcelona, Considering what that would mean but its incredibly frustrating to read things like that. Many of the biggest players in the country may want a move to Barcelona but you wouldn't hear it in public.

I understand that but I'd rather spend the 20m put away for RVP and make that an opening bid, because I think Madrid would be tempted.

He shouldn't be taking minutes from Clev, he should be taking them from Scholes. I get we don't want loan deals though. Just frustrating.
I agree i'd like to see us bid for him, but we have no idea if Madrid are open to that or not. They probably aren't.

In general I obv agree with you though, if we sign RVP we will have signed DDG, Jones, Young, Kagawa and RVP over the last 2 summers - all players I'm happy we have...but still no CM. Kinda crazy.

Hixx

You lied to me.

(says later in the hour)

"The draw for Round 2 of the Capital One Cup will take place on Wednesday 15th August, at approximately 12.30pm, live on Sky Sports News."

SSN being the tabloid channel they are focusing on Kevin Pietersen being a little berk.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

This is where co-ownership makes sense in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom