• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Messi's dream..
710x330_FifaSoccer13_v2.jpg

Clegg

I've been reading these new RVP stories and they all seem to say that Arsenal would be willing to accept an offer that includes add ons, presumably if United win the league.

They wouldn't be so stupid as to accept that offer, right?

Just watched it.

It was just poorly executed IMO. He kept saying he wasn't getting into mind games, maybe he wasn't, but he said it so many times it just seemed like he was trying too hard. He also drifted a couple of times and sounded a bit...well, bitter really. He mentions a random incident from a year previous with United not having a pen called against him...and he tried to make the "man-to-man" joke with United staff and refs...just seemed a bit out there.

Anyway. Rafa was never going to win that because Fergie is the king before the battle even begins in the UK media, that's just the position he has acquired and I'd argue even earned to a certain extent. Benitez may have had some good point but as much as he delivered it in a calm way...it just seemed like he had bit, even though he professed he hadn't.

If Liverpool had won the title that year it would have been seen as a moment of genius, probably.

How tragic - 2am and I'm analysis an incident from 3 years back.

FuturusX

Even if they are pretty much all that stands between you and the next few PLs, I'd be delighted if the oil guys fucked off right now.

I'd like to see the Glazers do the same...can someone tell me what exactly the have brought to the table? For the good of the club? At least the oil guys brought their own money.

Just watched it.

It was just poorly executed IMO. He kept saying he wasn't getting into mind games, maybe he wasn't, but he said it so many times it just seemed like he was trying too hard. He also drifted a couple of times and sounded a bit...well, bitter really. He mentions a random incident from a year previous with United not having a pen called against him...and he tried to make the "man-to-man" joke with United staff and refs...just seemed a bit out there.

Anyway. Rafa was never going to win that because Fergie is the king before the battle even begins in the UK media, that's just the position he has acquired and I'd argue even earned to a certain extent. Benitez may have had some good point but as much as he delivered it in a calm way...it just seemed like he had bit, even though he professed he hadn't.

If Liverpool had won the title that year it would have been seen as a moment of genius, probably.

How tragic - 2am and I'm analysis an incident from 3 years back.

Even though I think he shouldn't have done it, I don't think it had any effect on the title race. That's the bit that gets my goat.

Even though I think he shouldn't have done it, I don't think it had any effect on the title race. That's the bit that gets my goat.
Yeah that is a definite...rewriting of history. I think I'm right in saying Liverpool actually won their next few games after that incident and didn't fall away till a little later.

Benitez is a good manager and seems like a nice chap but I won't forget how he refused to congratulate Fergie when we did win that title, that was a proper dick move. It hardly matters really, he obv. doesn't like Mr Ferguson at all but I was pretty surprised he refused to do that, made him look quite bad IMO.

Can't believe he still hasn't taken up, or been offered a job. Almost 2 years now.

Yeah that is a definite...rewriting of history. I think I'm right in saying Liverpool actually won their next few games after that incident and didn't fall away till a little later.

Benitez is a good manager and seems like a nice chap but I won't forget how he refused to congratulate Fergie when we did win that title, that was a proper dick move. It hardly matters really, he obv. doesn't like Mr Ferguson at all but I was pretty surprised he refused to do that, made him look quite bad IMO.

Can't believe he still hasn't taken up, or been offered a job. Almost 2 years now.

I think he's been a little stuck, due to 3 factors

1) Waiting for the Liverpool job, irrelevant now
2) Wants to stay on Merseyside unless a top job comes up, or a job in which he has total control
3) Good jobs have been offered, but not enough current quality or instant power to prise him away

I reckon he'll be in Italy or Germany by February, especially now that we have a seemingly long term manager in place who has been told in no uncertain terms that we're not expecting to break into the CL spots

Apparently City have bid £30m+ for De Rossi.

£30m+ for a 29 year old. Even crazier than £25m for a 29 year old.

City gonna City.

It's probably not even true..

I think he's been a little stuck, due to 3 factors

1) Waiting for the Liverpool job, irrelevant now
2) Wants to stay on Merseyside unless a top job comes up, or a job in which he has total control
3) Good jobs have been offered, but not enough current quality or instant power to prise him away

I reckon he'll be in Italy or Germany by February, especially now that we have a seemingly long term manager in place who has been told in no uncertain terms that we're not expecting to break into the CL spots
Reckon he was kidding himself if he ever thought he'd get that Liverpool job back so soon.

Arnie

City gonna City.

Hope it's true so the chance of them splurging on Agger shrinks.

De Rossi can play as part of a 3 man defence too, as he showed at the Euros.

City gonna City.

Reckon he was kidding himself if he ever thought he'd get that Liverpool job back so soon.

tbf, De Rossi has been a better player than RVP for nearly a decade, is not injury prone, has a long time left on his contract and will slot into City's weakest position

And I really thought it'd be Rafa when Kenny was sacked and AVB went off the radar :(

Oh well, #inRodgerswetrust #YNWA #5times #mosttrophiesinEngland #wewonitinWW2

Arnie

What was the point in signing Rodwell if they're going to sign de Rossi? How many midfielders does Mancini/Marwood want?

Think De Rossi would count as defensive cover too, if you look at how he functioned in the Italy squad, and how Mancini set out against Chelsea. Pretty great signing, in my opinion. He'll give 2 or 3 years of top quality.

Anyone else feel that people are completely rewriting RVP's Arsenal career?

Some are claiming that he's only been any good for one season, while others seem to think he's been world class for years. The truth is clearly hovering in the middle

Think De Rossi would count as defensive cover too, if you look at how he functioned in the Italy squad, and how Mancini set out against Chelsea. Pretty great signing, in my opinion. He'll give 2 or 3 years of top quality.

True, think he's better as a defensive mid than a centre back though from what I've seen of him

Salazar

Some are claiming that he's only been any good for one season, while others seem to think he's been world class for years. The truth is clearly hovering in the middle

Talented man, but Arsenal and United fans remember the real class Dutch strikers who've played for them.

Oliver Holt is such a prat. Journalists called Oliver are nailed on to be thick and annoying, but christ.

Very much so.

Although his last 2 seasons, whenever he has played, he's been immense. The season before last he only played about 20 games, but he scored close to 20 I think. Obv. last year he was insane.

I don't think his problem is a lack of ability though, it's been injuries and consistency...and also finding his best position maybe. If he stays fit I think he can continue to play close to the level he has last year - so I think it's a risky buy cos of the injuries, not cos his form might suddenly disappear.

jtb

Banned

plus, the whole "good for one season" thing is a bit misleading. He rarely played as the lone forward before Adebayor was sold, so he wouldn't have had a chance to be a 20+ goal striker even if he did stay fit.

Which he didn't.

FuturusX

He's always been good...based purely on games (when's he's fit) to goal ratio. But he was outstanding last year. So one outstanding year..and a few good - when he's fit years. Is the assessment.

That volley he scored as he galloped 10 feet of the ground a few years ago, cemented him in my mind as a class player.

He's always been good...based purely on games (when's he's fit) to goal ratio. But he was outstanding last year. So one outstanding year..and a few good - when he's fit years. Is the assessment.

That volley he scored as he galloped 10 feet of the ground a few years ago, cemented him in my mind as a class player.

Shinned it :p

K1LLER7

tbh I've always liked him, putting aside his injuries, he was always capable of pulling off some brilliant goals. Never thought we'd have a chance to sign him but if he comes i'd be very happy. He'll offer something different from all of our strikers we've got. See him more as a out and out striker than Rooney and someone who could create a goal on his own or pull off something special to get a goal. This United first 11 don't have many World class players imo so bringing in 2 in one transfer window is great.

Meier

Hah, this is what I was saying about Silva's season. The length of his poor form and the relative level of it gets longer and worse as time progresses.

Regarding De Rossi.. Mancini is desperate for him and has been for a very long time. I hope it happens. He only just turned 29 so I think he'd be first team for at least 3 years. Barry is 31 as is.

OMG!!! I need to get this. will this be available in the UK ? or US exclusive ?

No clue.. usually these kinds of things are available in some form worldwide I'd think. Maybe a different vendor in Europe? Hope so for you guys' sake.

Lee Evans

I like Lee Evans standup. I love his standup routine from 2005/06. I forget what the tour was called

@Meier, tbf Silva was only good between the end of August and the start of December, and he was only world class for 6 weeks between October and November. Worse than Obertan for the rest of the season

LegoArmo

I watched an entire Lee Evans stand up and didn't laugh once. Even the really shit comedians usually get a chuckle, but he got nothing.

Found Frankie Boyle's stand up pretty shit. He was funny on Mock The Week at times, seemed to suit him better with jokes being cued for him. His stand up was just an angry man raging.

Found Frankie Boyle's stand up pretty shit. He was funny on Mock The Week at times, seemed to suit him better with jokes being cued for him. His stand up was just an angry man raging.

His only good standup was the one he did when Mock The Week started to pick up speed. Blows y mind that its still on TV, and it blows my mind even more to think that Gina Yashere, Jo Caulfield and Shappi Khorsandi actually make a career from being funny

Now that I think about it, there's very few things that make me laugh really hard consistently. Comedians don't do it, comedies rarely do it.

Literally the funniest thing on the planet is Karl Pilkington, how I wish I could go back to being a Pilkington virgin and discovering him all over again.

I don't think I'll ever laugh like it again :(

Now that I think about it, there's very few things that make me laugh really hard consistently. Comedians don't do it, comedies rarely do it.

Literally the funniest thing on the planet is Karl Pilkington, how I wish I could go back to being a Pilkington virgin and discovering him all over again.

I don't think I'll ever laugh like it again :(

XFM shows are better than anything they've done since imo

Every one of Chris Addison's mannerisms makes me want to punch the JT

Ages ago, only rich people had drinking or something

Bisniss, bis, bismiss men.

XFM shows are better than anything they've done since imo

Every one of Chris Addison's mannerisms makes me want to punch the JT

XFM and all the podcasts/audiobooks are just pure gold in my eyes, I like the Ricky Gervais Show but I find the visuals to be really distracting. Just raw audio of them 3 in a room is what works best.

XFM and all the podcasts/audiobooks are just pure gold in my eyes, I like the Ricky Gervais Show but I find the visuals to be really distracting. Just raw audio of them 3 in a room is what works best.

I listen to them on cycle at work, gone through the shows, the podcasts and the Guides about 3 times now. Used to do the same with the Russell Brand Show, but its dragged down with poor segments like interviews and listener participation

I listen to them on cycle at work, gone through the shows, the podcasts and the Guides about 3 times now. Used to do the same with the Russell Brand Show, but its dragged down with poor segments like interviews and listener participation

When I found them I listened to them in bed, I think that's the reason why my sleep pattern is so fucked up now. I literally couldn't turn them off or stop laughing to get any sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom