• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Sadly no.

I was somewhat interested when I was younger as like... there's something aesthetically appealing about the minimalism or simplicity of it, I guess. Sort of the same way I think that there's something beautiful about looking at a well-played game of go. So I remember I read some books and learned some really basic stuff about positions and whatnot, but I never really knew where to begin. I'm not sure I'd end up having a team, but I would be open to trying to watch.

I had a friend on another forum who was obsessed with Man U (apologies), but that's about all the contact I had with football fandom before GAF.

Arsenal play very attractive football.

£2.50? When did you go to see it, 1993?
Crazy Tuesdays baby.

Wilbur

Banned
Ted was utter poop, can't believe I paid £2.50 to go and see it.

The highlight of the film was a scene at Fenway Park though, which due to image rights leading back to FSG, probably means my £2.50 is going towards Sahin's wages next season.

umf umf umf

I always assign the words umf umf umf with fud fud fud... tell me you didn't fud your butthole in the midst of a screening of Ted

Even Mila Kunis isn't worth seeing that film.

Also, I get all my cinema tickets free. Haven't paid for like 2 years.

Damn that's amazing if Bayern get Martinez.

Didn't City want him? I felt sure he'd end up there. Not been the best transfer window for City so far in terms of tempting players.

Amazing for Martinez to lower his demands so much. If true - great deal by Bayern.

jtb

Banned
Modric for 24m is just absurdly low... surely Sahin must be going the other way as a makeweight? If he does, that'd be phenomenal piece of business. If not... horrible. I mean, if CL football is not a factor for Sahin and it's all about going to a Mou protege (an angle I have a very difficult time swallowing anyways), then I see zero reasons for Sahin to go to Liverpool over Spurs.

Zabojnik

Alright Zab, ALRIGHT I GET IT! You made your point :p

Not a Slav that I had, mind, I actually had Elia in mind who was benched for the entire season and it was often blamed on his language. Krasic too had this issue.

I have a hard time believing the language story, tbh. It just wasn't to be. :p

He's not Spanish ;)

OH SHIII-
I wanted to mention it, but decided against it. :p

Netherlands 0 - 3 Italy in the U21 friendly. Insigne and Immobile both scored, Masi was brilliant. Dat Paratici talent scouting.

Salvadora

Modric for 24m is just absurdly low... surely Sahin must be going the other way as a makeweight? If he does, that'd be phenomenal piece of business. If not... horrible. I mean, if CL football is not a factor for Sahin and it's all about going to a Mou protege (an angle I have a very difficult time swallowing anyways), then I see zero reasons for Sahin to go to Liverpool over Spurs.

Apparently Sahin is going to Liverpool ffs.

Arnie

£2.50 for a cinema ticket? When did you go to see it, 1993?
Orange Wednsedays plus student cards. Still felt ripped off.
I always assign the words umf umf umf with fud fud fud... tell me you didn't fud your butthole in the midst of a screening of Ted

Even Mila Kunis isn't worth seeing that film.

Also, I get all my cinema tickets free. Haven't paid for like 2 years.
No, but I did lower the brightness on my phone right down and spend half of it browsing Twitter for Sahin deets. That's a pretty heinous thing for me to do, I'm all for the pure cinema experience, but Ted was just that bad.

I miss getting free cinema tickets, in hindsight I should've gone back to Odeon over this summer.

Do you know the history of Mourinho and Rodgers, plus the history of Mourinho and AVB? Mourinho hand selected Rodgers to come in and be his youth, then reserve coach. AVB was Mourinho's oppositional analysis guy. How is it difficult to fathom Mourinho wanting Sahin to be coached by Rodgers, and not AVB?

Sadly no.

I was somewhat interested when I was younger as like... there's something aesthetically appealing about the minimalism or simplicity of it, I guess. Sort of the same way I think that there's something beautiful about looking at a well-played game of go. So I remember I read some books and learned some really basic stuff about positions and whatnot, but I never really knew where to begin. I'm not sure I'd end up having a team, but I would be open to trying to watch.

I had a friend on another forum who was obsessed with Man U (apologies), but that's about all the contact I had with football fandom before GAF.

You should, see if it's for you or not. Just stay away from Chelsea, they have this one player called John Terry. I don't think you'd like him.

dc89

Damn that's amazing if Bayern get Martinez.

Didn't City want him? I felt sure he'd end up there. Not been the best transfer window for City so far in terms of tempting players.

Amazing for Martinez to lower his demands so much. If true - great deal by Bayern.

Yup we did. :(

I think he's giving you a thumbs up for a quality retort. That's how I took it.

I hope so!

Haha Bjaelke how do you feel about Martin Actionman Albrechtsen? Hope he will be ready for saturday, almost want to buy a ticket and booh him despite being broke and it being a easy win.

Sadly moderating for poor musical taste - though I don't know that is an instance of it - is not something I am allowed to do. :(

Good, cause I like all the Oasis JTs in here despite them obviously having terrible taste.

Fry

MARTINEEEEEEEEZ

Wow, welcome back!

Good, cause I like all the Oasis JTs in here despite them obviously having terrible taste.

iCrH09D0eCVc2.png

ATF487

Ted was utter poop, can't believe I paid £2.50 to go and see it.

The highlight of the film was a scene at Fenway Park though, which due to image rights leading back to FSG, probably means my £2.50 is going towards Sahin's wages next season.

umf umf umf

That film was a pretty accurate picture of my fair city

Meier

I am surprised as well but that's obviously why we signed Rodwell instead. I thought for sure with Mancini seemingly making Javi his primary target other than RVP that we'd land him. Great signing for Bayern although that's obviously a lot for his age and position. I think he has the chance to be worth it.

elsk

Banned
€40mil for Martinez? I thought bayern were clever in the transfer market but it seems they're not.....

30M from Bayern, 10M from Javi Martínez. The whole transfer was so long because Bayern didn't want to pay anything more than 30M.

He's playing for free. Well, not exactly, he's actually going to pay his own salary.

Yes, he will pay for each minute playing with the Bayern kit :)

sneaky77

If they have sold Martinez without saying a damn thing expect San Mames to possibly burn sunday.

And no the 40m do not help us any. Our market is pretty limited.

jtb

Banned
Do you know the history of Mourinho and Rodgers, plus the history of Mourinho and AVB? Mourinho hand selected Rodgers to come in and be his youth, then reserve coach. AVB was Mourinho's oppositional analysis guy. How is it difficult to fathom Mourinho wanting Sahin to be coached by Rodgers, and not AVB?

Pretty difficult. I just don't see the point, other than to give Wenger and AVB, two guys he's known to have feuds with, the middle finger. More competition for places at Liverpool (albeit shit competition), far less likely to win anything, and not in the CL. You deride AVB as Mou's opposition analysis guy (which is fair, since that's what he was), but it's not like Mourinho ever placed a shred of emphasis on the youth program at Chelsea while he was there.

Far more likely is Levy and whoever signs off on stuff on the Arsenal board didn't want to pay all of his wages. Or RM doesn't want him to have a buy back clause. So far Rodgers has overpaid for an average midfielder (hmm... when have Liverpool done this before) and gambled on a young striker who might come good, might not. Sahin on loan would be a major coup, but let's not go overboard with the Rodgers praise here.

elsk

Banned
If they have sold Martinez without saying a damn thing expect San Mames to possibly burn sunday.

And no the 40m do not help us any. Our market is pretty limited.

Well, there's nothing the club can do if Martínez wants to leave and someone pays the release clause. That's why I said the other day after the conference it was a little suspicious they didn't mentioned Javi at all...

fuenf

still pretty good salary i guess, how much tax for foreign players in germany?

There's no special provision for foreign players (afaik). He'll be taxed just like a german, should be around 47, 48%. With incentives he should make around 3 to 3,5m (net) a year. Not to shabby.

I guess we aren't getting Diego then :(

Diego > Martínez.

you are the weirdest Bayern fan ever. Nobody wants Diego, NOBODY (except you) !!!! :)

elsk

Banned
Loan him out to Copenhagen and pay 90% of his wages and it's a deal! We desperately need a defensive midfielder, the Norwegian asshole Grindheim is too busy eating hamburgers and complaining in the press to do a decent.

I wouldn't be surprised if Milan takes him :p
I think we're going to let him go for free, like van Bommel. Not having to pay his salary is the only thing the board wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom