• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

@Zab: Why do I prefer Llorente? Two reasons only: 1. Llorente speaks a language closer to Italian than Dzeko, making him easier to integrate more quickly into our sqad, and 2. I think Llorente is more mobile than Dzeko and that would make him a better fit.

Well, Dzeko is from Bosnia. Noi Slavi ce la caviamo piuttosto bene con l'italiano. :p Secondo me avra' piu' problemi ad integrarsi Llorente. Non tanto per la lingua, quanto per tutto il resto. Gli Spagnoli in Italia hanno quasi sempre floppato alla grande. Speriamo che Fernando sia l'eccezione che conferma la regola ...

Salvadora

Can't get over Modric going for so little. I thought they'd get 30 million at least But oh well, Suppose it was a similar situation to Cesc.

WJD

Don't really get why me and Clegg have been pulled up for it when I've seen the word used at least 3 times in the NBA thread these past few days - a thread with a regular mod - with no repercussions.

Meh.

elseanio

Oh and those fan stats, I call bullshit.

[spot the difference pic]

This is how it's done
7 years ago :[

45M8p.jpg

4KWii.jpg

Don't really get why me and Clegg have been pulled up for it when I've seen the word used at least 3 times in the NBA thread these past few days - a thread with a regular mod - with no repercussions.

Meh.

It happens daily.

I guess we must just be football hooligans or something.

thaOwner

Well, Dzeko is from Bosnia. Noi Slavi ce la caviamo piuttosto bene con l'italiano. :p Secondo me avra' piu' problemi ad integrarsi Llorente. Non tanto per la lingua, quanto per tutto il resto. Gli Spagnoli in Italia hanno quasi sempre floppato alla grande. Speriamo che Fernando sia l'eccezione che conferma la regola ...

Thank God for Google translate.

Stubo

826cd5dbf62c7479ae3d6f5e57263d0e.png

FIFA13.

Aguero & Silva are gonna be insane.
Don't we need to take the +1 +2 -1 etc. with the big green/red arrows into consideration?

Ie:

Hart 84
Zabaleta 79
Kompany 85
Lescott 81
Clichy 80
Touré 86
Barry 81
Nasri 85
Tevez 87
Silva 88
Aguero 87

...or is that not how this works?

Wes

venison crêpe
The only shocking news I've learnt from SSN in the past hour is that Kirsty Gallagher hasn't aged a day.

Zabojnik

Thank God for Google translate.

It does a pretty decent job translating that, actually. Anyway, it was just to say that I don't think Dzeko would have any problems learning italian or getting used to the culture in general. Italy is kind of a second nation to us Balkan Slavs. Some of us were also raised on Nutella and Bim Bum Bam. :p

GQman2121

Banned
So how certain are we that Sahin is headed to LFC and not apart of the Spurs deal for Modric? Levy and the club are left looking kind of foolish here with the season days away, no? Granted, we don't know what extras or incentives could be apart of their agreement with Real, but still.......

Mumei

Meh.

I did not notice. And when I searched your post history after you said that, I did not come up with any results in any NBA topics in the last few days. I did see charsace, but I knew about him.

So I am unsure as to what you are talking about. I would prefer you PM me rather than post more, however.

It happens daily.

I guess we must just be football hooligans or something.

Truth be told, I rather like Footie-GAF. I think it's some degree of masochism on my part, but you guys really aren't bad at all.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well done Madrid, you have successfully conned us. £23m + £4m add ons? A joke, but I'd rather that than sell to an English club. I don't really understand what Levy was playing at if that's what's he's willing to accept. I guess we did a Wenger and gave in to the player.

Dembele and Llorente please. Sahin won't be coming to Spurs, apparently AVB thinks he isn't cut out for the PL.

Lightning

Banned
Losing out on Sahin is a blow. I hope Wenger had a back up plan....

Well done Madrid, you have successfully conned us. £23m + £4m add ons? A joke, but I'd rather that than sell to an English club. Dembele and Llorente please.
Modric screwed you by forcing your hand. Hanging onto him with his current attitude could never have been an option for AVB and Levy.

elsk

Banned
Well guys I'm off to Japan for a year to work with a game studio. I've asked to be banned for about 8 months because I will need to concentrate on the project at hand. I'll come back once I'm settled and work is manageable.

Who is he? I only recognize people from their avatar :( Good luck!!!!!

Don't we need to take the +1 +2 -1 etc. with the big green/red arrows into consideration?

Ie:

Hart 84
Zabaleta 79
Kompany 85
Lescott 81
Clichy 80
Touré 86
Barry 81
Nasri 85
Tevez 87
Silva 88
Aguero 87

...or is that not how this works?

Yes, the +1, etc is Matchday activated. But I don't like it, I would rather prefer them to update the ratings every week than doing that shit.

Also, if you activate Match-day, aside from the boost and downs in ratings, you shouldn't be able to play with injured players... but you can. I don't like it.

OH SHIT MOD RUNNNNNN!

Wait... does this confirm that JT is an acceptable substitute?

Alright Zab, ALRIGHT I GET IT! You made your point :p

Not a Slav that I had, mind, I actually had Elia in mind who was benched for the entire season and it was often blamed on his language. Krasic too had this issue.

I'm not sure I believe the Spanish curse any more than I believe the Brazilian curse. I mean, I'd take Hulk in a heartbeat even if he is Brazilian. Quality comes through. Amauri wasn't quality, for instance :p

Again, bottom line: I'll take either but this wait is killing me me so can we please just fucking sign SOMEBODY?

Hixx

The only shocking news I've learnt from SSN in the past hour is that Kirsty Gallagher hasn't aged a day.

Seriously. I remember seeing some pics from a calendar she did about a decade ago and she looks exactly the same.

It's great.

Wilbur

Banned
Final FPL team for the opening weeks, one player from 15 teams. Sorry fans of Sunderland, West Brom, West Ham, Wigan and Norwich.

d9oWt.png

Ushojax

So does this mean Modric won't be playing on Saturday and Jenas will?

Nice.

Modric wouldn't have played anyway. I just hope AVB sees sense and picks two of Sandro, Huddlestone and Livermore and not the other person you mentioned.

My god the times they are a changing.

Juve back on top. Mods not banning footy-gaf for casual, harmless footy-banter, instead we're actually complemented.....

The end is nigh.

WJD

I did not notice. And when I searched your post history after you said that, I did not come up with any results in any NBA topics in the last few days. I did see charsace, but I knew about him.

So I am unsure as to what you are talking about. I would prefer you PM me rather than post more, however.

I don't post in the NBA thread, they're scary. It wasn't charsace's post either but I've PM'd you.

Meier

In this link you can hear Japanese commentators pronouncing his name - I assume they have it right. The English commentators on MUTV get the first part right, but not the second.

The syllables sound like they should be pronounced very quickly.

Edit - forgot the link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh8cCa_kznQ

I think it might just be a British thing. The guy on the friendlies was saying the a almost as if he was a Bostonian but much harsher (here's one video I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OllTTam3uFo). I don't even know how to attempt to spell it out -- you can hear that the announcer in your Japanese video says it closer to the sound a crow would make -- "kah."

Obviously not that big of a deal though -- as has been said, there will be many pronunciations of it and Hazard.

Fry

Mumei, I hear there's been people claiming Radiohead are good and Oasis aren't. You could look into these offensive posts.

Ushojax

£23m for Modric jesus christ Fergie.

Didn't Spurs reject a offer from Chelsea last season aswell?

He's only going for sub £30m because Real are the only continental side interested a d he has his heart set in them. We would never have sold him to an Enish side.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He's not Spanish ;)

Wes

venison crêpe
Seriously. I remember seeing some pics from a calendar she did about a decade ago and she looks exactly the same.

It's great.

I remember reading that one of her biggest regrets was doing a lads mag shoot... probably about 10 years ago now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom