• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Pretty difficult. I just don't see the point, other than to give Wenger and AVB, two guys he's known to have feuds with, the middle finger. More competition for places at Liverpool (albeit shit competition), far less likely to win anything, and not in the CL. You deride AVB as Mou's opposition analysis guy (which is fair, since that's what he was), but it's not like Mourinho ever placed a shred of emphasis on the youth program at Chelsea while he was there.

Far more likely is Levy and whoever signs off on stuff on the Arsenal board didn't want to pay all of his wages. Or RM doesn't want him to have a buy back clause. So far Rodgers has overpaid for an average midfielder (hmm... when have Liverpool done this before) and gambled on a young striker who might come good, might not. Sahin on loan would be a major coup, but let's not go overboard with the Rodgers praise here.

Yes, but Mourinho (presumably) wants to develop as a player and there would be no better man than Rodgers for the job. Unlike, AVB who peeved off Lukaku and Sturtidge.

lol @ Arsenal. This transfer window has gone from being the best transfer window ever to a potential, wouldnt say disaster but a nightmare.

With Carzola, Giroud and Podolski already in, things were looking up for the gunners and they had hope of challenging once again. Now if they lose RVP and Song, and now they lost Sahin to Livepool and potentially M'Vila to Spurs and no defenders in sight, suddenly it is back the same old Arsenal.

4th place and lose in the final of the carling cup. To QPR.

Wilbur

Banned
Yes, but Mourinho (presumably) wants to develop as a player and there would be no better man than Rodgers for the job. Unlike, AVB who peeved off Lukaku and Sturtidge.

To be fair playing Sturridge up front and leaving Torres/Drogba to fester on the bench would have been nonsense when it was proven Sturridge could cut in from the right, while Lukaku didn't strike me as an AVB signing.

jtb

Banned
lol @ Arsenal. This transfer window has gone from being the best transfer window ever to a potential, wouldnt say disaster but a nightmare.

With Carzola, Giroud and Podolski already in, things were looking up for the gunners and they had hope of challenging once again. Now if they lose RVP and Song, and now they lost Sahin to Livepool and potentially M'Vila to Spurs and no defenders in sight, suddenly it is back the same old Arsenal.

don't worry; M'Vila will be an Arsenal player in 17 days, making everything better.

kharma45

I'd be ecstatic with that. If we get him back to his 08-10 form I'd feel a lot better about us not signing a midfielder. He was so so good then.

Its was promising to see him play over half an hour last night and having the same energy as before.

With a gradual training build up and the odd Carling Cup outing I think we could see him feature properly at some point this year if he can get the better of and manage his condition.

Lightning

Banned

What is this tripe?

Song is going no where. Our interest in M'Vila has been dead for some time and the RVP exit was on the cards since his speech after the west Brom game and guaranteed after his site message. We lose Sahin to Liverpool because we can't get a buy out option and all of a sudden it's a nightmare transfer window? No way.

What is this tripe?

Song is going no where. Our interest in M'Vila has been dead for some time and the RVP exit was on the cards since his speech after the west Brom game and guaranteed after his site message. We lose Sahin to Liverpool because we can't get a buy out option and all of a sudden it's a nightmare transfer window? No way.

*snigger*

Lightning gonna Lightning.

panty

There is a ginger lad outside on a scooter now with a Liverpool shirt on I give him dirty (not in the Wilbury way) looks whenever I can and not just coz he's ginger.

Modric to Madrid tomorrow £23.6m + add ons.

Fucking shit no ass fuck tits shit fuck ass no.

This is the most stupid transfer this season. Doesn't make any sense. Fuck you Modric you overrated piece of shit.

Kyoufu

What is this tripe?

You just kissed Song goodbye.

:(

Emhemed

If Bayern get Martínez even for 40m it will be the best 40m Bayern would ever spend. I'm so jealous :( Good for Bayern Munich though he is a world class player and will improve their defence and midfield
I still hope Bayern don't sign him and Barca get him :p

elsk

Banned
If Bayern get Martínez even for 40m it will be the best 40m Bayern would ever spend. I'm so jealous :( Good for Bayern Munich though he is a world class player and will improve their defence and midfield
I still hope Bayern don't sign him and Barca get him :p

I think Javi Martínez is way overrated. He looked pretty bad against Honduras.
But he surely is a much better player than Tymo.

Empty

visited the national football museum the other day. very nice, loved seeing how balls, kits and match day programmes have progressed over the years and there was a photography exhibition looking at football crowds that was super cool. check it out!

elsk

Banned
A footballing version of Kurt Cobain is worth all that!

AlzsjUaCQAECf6y.jpg:large

I'm not even going to resize it.

and now I suddenly understand why Cobain would rather go out the way he did than see his face get old.

Just kidding. I always understood why, being married to Courtney Love and all.

don't worry; M'Vila will be an Arsenal player in 17 days, making everything better.

Nah he will visit Tottenham and find it has better restaurants and the director of Football will convince him on the project there. And then he will say he had a choice of 4 teams before announcing on his twitter he is joining the team that lost its place because of the champions league winner.

What is this tripe?

I said if Song and RVP go. I was just highlighting the ups and downs in one short transfer window. And again if those 2 players go with no Sahin, suddenly the team doesnt seem as strong as it potentially could have been.

Premier League

1. Man City
2. Arsenal
3. Man United
4. Tottenham
------------------
5. Newcastle
6. Liverpool
7. Cheslea

------------------
18. Wigan
19. Reading
20. Norwich

FA Cup: Chelsea

Capitol One Cup: Arsenal

Champions League: Real Madrid

Emhemed

I think Javi Martínez is way overrated. He looked pretty bad against Honduras.
But he surely is a much better player than Tymo.

Come on you're judging him over the Olympics playing with a group of young players. Have you seen him with Bilbao las season? he was immense. when we played them Last season he handled Messi better than any player I've seen.

panty

Yeah we're not going to win CL this year because of that stupid Modric sitting on the bench looking like a complete tool.

Premier League

1. Man City
2. Arsenal
3. Man United
4. Tottenham
------------------
5. Newcastle
6. Liverpool
7. Cheslea

------------------
18. Wigan
19. Reading
20. Norwich

FA Cup: Chelsea

Capitol One Cup: Arsenal

Champions League: Real Madrid

Bollocks.

1) Liverpool
2-20) Who cares?

FA Cup: Liverpool
Capital One Cup: Liverpool
Europa League: Liverpool
Champions League: Liverpool (yes)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Italy: Sirigu; Abate, Ogbonna, Astori, Balzaretti; De Rossi, Nocerino, Aquilani; Diamanti; Destro, El Shaarawy

England: Butland; Walker, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Johnson, Carrick, Lampard, A Young; Cleverley; Carroll

K1LLER7

Italy: Sirigu; Abate, Ogbonna, Astori, Balzaretti; De Rossi, Nocerino, Aquilani; Diamanti; Destro, El Shaarawy

England: Butland; Walker, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Johnson, Carrick, Lampard, A Young; Cleverley; Carroll
Cleviesta gonna boss this game. Who needs Pogba
:(

Anyone know the Netherlands team?

Fry

Argentina XI Romero; Zabaleta, Fernandez, Garay, Rojo; Sosa, Gago, Mascherano, Di Maria; Messi, Higuain

Germany XI Zieler; Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Schmelzer; Khedira, Kroos; Reus, Ozil, Muller; Klose.

Argentina XI Romero; Zabaleta, Fernandez, Garay, Rojo; Sosa, Gago, Mascherano, Di Maria; Messi, Higuain

Germany XI Zieler; Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Schmelzer; Khedira, Kroos; Reus, Ozil, Muller; Klose.

No Podolski means he's prolly injured, lol
Hope Götze will play too.

Emhemed

Guess I'd be watching this. Come on Messi

Wilbur

Banned
Final predictions before the start of the season:

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
----------
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Newcastle
9. Fulham
10. Aston Villa
11. Sunderland
12. QPR
13. Stoke
14. West Ham
15. Swansea
16. Southampton
17. Wigan
----------
18. Norwich
19. West Brom
20. Reading

FA Cup - Tottenham
Carling Cup - Manchester United
Champions League - Real Madrid
Europa League - Manchester City

Serie A

1. Juventus
2. Roma
3. Inter
4. Milan

La Liga

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico
4. Valencia

Bundesliga

1. Dortmund
2. Bayern
3. Schalke
4. Bremen

Ligue One

1. PSG
2. Lille
3. Lyon
4. Montpelier

Championship

1. Wolves
2. Leicester
3. Hull
4. Blackburn
5. Birmingham
6. Leeds

Portuguese Liga

1. Porto
2. Benfica
3. Sporting
4. Braga

Eredivisie

1. Ajax
2. Twente
3. PSV
4. AZ

PaulLFC

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
@The_Reds_LFC 100% per cent on sahin now mates

duncan jenkins duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
@_FiveTimes_ the club are preparing for him to come over and sign mates they have him in the bags.

Can I celebrate yet?

K1LLER7

BREAKING: Man Utd agree £24m deal to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal. 4-yr deal, terms & medical in next 48 hours #bbcfootball #afc #mufc

David ornstein BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom