• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
BREAKING: Man Utd agree £24m deal to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal. 4-yr deal, terms & medical in next 48 hours #bbcfootball #afc #mufc
Please don't fail the medical.

And Arsenal have gotten a great price for 29 year old with injury problems.

Stubo

Not sure how to feel. The man is class and will bring loads of goals, but perhaps not the wisest place to strengthen.

Poor Berba/Hernandez.

Wes

venison crêpe
Up on the Arsenal website

Final predictions before the start of the season:

Europa League - Manchester City

CcMg8.gif

Wilbur

Banned
BREAKING: Man Utd agree £24m deal to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal. 4-yr deal, terms & medical in next 48 hours #bbcfootball #afc #mufc

David ornstein BBC

£24 million for a 29 year old? Hmm. 4 year deal will have his best year, but his wages will be extortionate as well.

Sigh, no midfielder. Fuck it, I'm doing a Clegg and being a moany bastard.

PaulLFC

IF Sahin does sign for us, Arsenal Mania will go into meltdown. Just been linked to a post saying how good they're going to be if they get Sahin and Van Persie stays...

Meier

Formidable duo to be sure. Can't imagine Marwood will prevent Mancini from splashing the cash on De Rossi now. Desperately need some defensive cover.

jony_m

How the hell did Wenger managed to get 24m for a 29y/o with 1 year left that publicly announced he wanted to leave and was not going to renew... now get Llorente for 17-20

Wes

venison crêpe
Modric to Real Madrid
RVP to Manchester United

LET THE GREAT TRANSFER DOMINO FALLING OF 2012 BEGIN!

sneaky77

Well, there's nothing the club can do if Martínez wants to leave and someone pays the release clause. That's why I said the other day after the conference it was a little suspicious they didn't mentioned Javi at all...

Yea that's true. The reaction of the crowd is going to be there anyway. And Martinez all along never once saying he wants to leave. So yeah.. nothing on the Bilbao press yet last I checked.

Wilbur

Banned
How the hell did Wenger managed to get 24m for a 29y/o with 1 year left that publicly announced he wanted to leave and was not going to renew... now get Llorente for 17-20

Yeah it's an absurd price. But he's such a quality player that... I don't know. I'm trying to be optimistic, but we won't get a midfielder now.

alterno69

Banned
Man, kinda shocking news, great signing tho i feel bad for my boy Chicharito now lol, he'll probable be relegated to the reserves now lol

fuenf

Looks like Heynckes and Hörwick wouldnt confirm the Martinez transfer. They just said that nothing has changed today :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom