• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blows the mind that United showed no interest. He & the club may have preferred a move to Madrid but Ferguson should have made a move.
Maybe we did. Or Maybe Spurs told us straight up it would cost us £35m. Reckon we would have checked, Fergie has rated him for a long time.

When is the England game?

Mumei, I hear there's been people claiming Radiohead are good and Oasis aren't. You could look into these offensive posts.

mgVKv.gif

Mumei

Mumei, I hear there's been people claiming Radiohead are good and Oasis aren't. You could look into these offensive posts.

Sadly moderating for poor musical taste - though I don't know that is an instance of it - is not something I am allowed to do. :(

Meier

Any of you football fans here in the U.S know of beinTV ? I got up this morning to watch fox soccer and and noticed it had replaced GOLTV on channel 520. There was a countdown on there. A quick Google search takes me to their website and it looks like it if you're a football fan, you're in for a real treat. Ligue 1, Barca tv, La LIGA and Serie A mathes will all be broadcasting on there. Anyone know anythin about them ?

For some reason, TWC (at least in Austin) does not have GolTV even on the Sports package I pay for to get Fox Soccer Channel. Maybe they'll add this? Would be lovely.

kharma45

Sadly moderating for poor musical taste - though I don't know that is an instance of it - is not something I am allowed to do. :(

Is there any way you can moderate Clegg so you can censor his posts if they're transfer related? Just until the end of the month :p

PS Thanks for the reply in the other thread about y'on word, appreciated your feedback.

K1LLER7

So he's set to sit on Madrid's bench?

I'd play him ahead of Khedira alongside Alonso. Wouldn't put him ahead of Ozil as an Attacking Mid.

Sahin will more or less go and maybe Kaka could be on his way

elsk

Banned
Tell him about those animals eating pizza directly from the freezer.

I'd play him ahead of Khedira alongside Alonso. Wouldn't put him ahead of Ozil as an Attacking Mid.

He's going to be a back-up for most of the midfield positions. Obviously he's going to start some matches, but surely he's not going to be a all time starter like in Tottenham.

Mou likes his holding midfield to be very strong in defense, and Modric is not.

Wilbur

Banned
I assume Modric is a replacement for Alonso in a year or two so they're getting him there early to bed him in and rotate

thaOwner

For some reason, TWC (at least in Austin) does not have GolTV even on the Sports package I pay for to get Fox Soccer Channel. Maybe they'll add this? Would be lovely.

TWC is listed as one of the networks that will be carrying that channel so it should be following direct tv soon if it isn't already there. I think in order to get GOL TV, you gotta have the FOX Soccer plus subscription added to your package on Time Warner. Check with them.

MPW

dat dream move!

he'll start in copa del rey matches + some la liga games

who knows, he might be a big hit and get more starts

and alonso needs rest, he plays every f'n game lol

elsk

Banned
I assume Modric is a replacement for Alonso in a year or two so they're getting him there early to bed him in and rotate

I don't really see Alonso as a CM, he's much more of a DM. Don't think Modric can replace him, maybe a backup but not a replacement for him.

K1LLER7

didn't think about this. Anyone know the Netherlands vs Belgium Line-up?

Think Modric would do well but I'd expect he'd want to be a starter. Good buy for Madrid though, keep getting stronger every season.

Meier

TWC is listed as one of the networks that will be carrying that channel so it should be following direct tv soon if it isn't already there. I think in order to get GOL TV, you gotta have the FOX Soccer plus subscription added to your package on Time Warner. Check with them.

Awesome! I also have Fox Soccer Plus but no GolTV here. I think it's only in a few markets from when I last read up on it.. maybe in none with this beIN TV showing up.

It's (beIN) not available here yet apparently but there's a "tweet at them" request link that I've used.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't really see Alonso as a CM, he's much more of a DM. Don't think Modric can replace him, maybe a backup but not a replacement for him.

Alongside Khedira though, Alonso - while still hanging back and pinging passes around like the quarterback (for lack of a better term) - does have a little license to get forward, which Modric could take advantage of. To be fair Modric is stronger in the tackle than he looks.

Losing out on Sahin is a blow. I hope Wenger had a back up plan....

Seems we wanted an option to buy but Real Madrid weren't having it. So annoying considering Sahin wasn't even a "Mourinho buy" (apparently it was the Chairman's buy) and he clearly doesn't want him. Going as far as to essentially saying he's not as good/useful as Lassana Diarra and playing him at LB in pre-season to prove a point.

He'll have a great year (because he's an amazing player) then Real can sell him to United or City something in 2013.

elsk

Banned
Bild: Bayern pay €40m for Javi Martinez. But the player contributes €10m of that by accepting a reduced salary (€2m less per year, 5 years).

Alongside Khedira though, Alonso - while still hanging back and pinging passes around like the quarterback (for lack of a better term) - does have a little license to get forward, which Modric could take advantage of. To be fair Modric is stronger in the tackle than he looks.

Yeah, I know Alonso can go a little more forward and has good passess and vision too. But I don't see him as a CM/DM like Schweini for example, Alonso is more of a DM than anything else. And Khedira is an average DM.

Wes

venison crêpe
Where have Awesome Animals and rodvik been? I HAVE VILLA NEWS!

Michael Henke - who was assistant manager to Ottmar Hitzfeld at Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich - has joined Villa as the club's new Head of European Scouting.

ACTUAL SCOUTS. IN EUROPE. BE STILL MY HEART.

Wilbur

Banned
Bild: Bayern pay €40m for Javi Martinez. But the player contributes €10m of that by accepting a reduced salary (€2m less per year, 5 years).

Yeah, I know Alonso can go a little more forward and has good passess and vision too. But I don't see him as a CM/DM like Schweini for example, Alonso is more of a DM than anything else. And Khedira is an average DM.

Martinez will be on 2m less at Bayern than he was at Bilbao?! I didn't think he'd be on that much there anyway, corrrrr.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
40 millions euros for javi martinez is crazy, then busquets is worth 60 millions euros.

crazy market is crazy. oh, 38 for Modric... lol

Mumei

Do you have a team? We're willing to adopt you. Since you're masochistic and all :p

Sadly no.

I was somewhat interested when I was younger as like... there's something aesthetically appealing about the minimalism or simplicity of it, I guess. Sort of the same way I think that there's something beautiful about looking at a well-played game of go. So I remember I read some books and learned some really basic stuff about positions and whatnot, but I never really knew where to begin. I'm not sure I'd end up having a team, but I would be open to trying to watch.

I had a friend on another forum who was obsessed with Man U (apologies), but that's about all the contact I had with football fandom before GAF.

Arnie

Ted was utter poop, can't believe I paid £2.50 to go and see it.

The highlight of the film was a scene at Fenway Park though, which due to image rights leading back to FSG, probably means my £2.50 is going towards Sahin's wages next season.

umf umf umf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom