• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Amazing signing for United, league title back in view for them. Bet Mancini's on the phone to Marwood right now; I just hope it isn't Agger he's talking about.

omgkitty

We really need to start putting that £24m to good use. Fuck waiting around to see what happens with Song.

Think about the fact that the sale of RVP covers most of the fees paid for Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla. I'd have to imagine we will buy at least one or two more players though. I don't think we can afford to have only two strikers.

To top it off, that £24m will never see the light of day

20120815-jw9icnc1b957ramdjbahkju6p8.jpg

Emhemed

Man United are stupid. how are they going to fit Rooney, RVP and Kagawa together ? I mean those 3 must start, and they have Welbeck and Chicharito on the bench, they should have definitely strengthened their midfield instead. Although I think Man U will do well in the PL but in Europe I think they'll suffer.

Salvadora

Think about the fact that the sale of RVP covers most of the fees paid for Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla. I'd have to imagine we will buy at least one or two more players though. I don't think we can afford to have only two strikers.

If we come out of this window with a surplus I will hit the roof.

Wilbur

Banned
As an outsider (as in outside the top 8) it's a good deal for both sides but I have got to think Arsenal got the better of this deal. £24m for a 29 year old with 1 year left on his contract?

Hopefully they can get at least one more £10m+ player in with that before the end of the month.
Rooney and RVP will be exciting to see. I wonder if one of Welbeck or Hernandez will go on loan?

This is what I'm a bit annoyed about. Our attacking line at the moment consists of Rooney, van Persie, Welbeck, Hernandez, Nani, Kagawa, Valencia, Berbatov, Young, Macheda and Bebe.

The latter two can fuck off but then that leaves 9 players for at the most 4 places (if we're playing 4-2-3-1. It's pretty safe to say that Berba will be leaving and Hernandez will be resigned to fourth place striker, and Rooney will be automatic starter.

Personally I'd like to see rotations including Rooney but I just don't see it happening. Ideally I'd always start with Rooney either on the left or up front, Kagawa in the whole and Valencia or Nani on the right, with RvP playing up front when Rooney's out wide and Nani on the left when Rooney's up top.

Valencia/Nani - Kagawa/RvP/Rooney - Nani/Rooney
----------------- Rvp/Rooney/Welbeck-----------------

bjaelke

FourFourTom
Within half an hour of each other it's been announced that Robin van Persie is joining Man Utd and rumours have surfaced suggesting Alex Song has been told he can leave Arsenal for Barcelona.
Dream summer to an absolute nightmare within 30 minutes.

ShogunX

Pretty difficult. I just don't see the point, other than to give Wenger and AVB, two guys he's known to have feuds with, the middle finger. More competition for places at Liverpool (albeit shit competition), far less likely to win anything, and not in the CL.

We don't know where Sahin will end up yet so it's a bit premature to be getting salty.

Empty

i feel a bit bad for wellbeck

rooney and rvp combining is exciting though, and lessens the dependence on the former. the conversion rate should be very good next season and it was already strong.

Wes

venison crêpe
@PiersMorgan

Funny, I really thought @Persie_Official was different. But he turned out to be just another mercenary, heartless, selfish little s**t.
Well done, Ivan Gazidis, a great bit of 'business' - selling #Arsenal 's top player to our bitter rivals. Shame on you & the whole board.
What a sickening betrayal of Wenger too - the man who stood so loyally behind @Persie_Official through years of injury.
Careful, Shrek @WayneRooney - you've got a treacherous new Donkey arriving

Vq05k.gif

Wilbur

Banned
You know he'll play CM and you'll like it .

Kagawa playing as CM sounds more possible.

I think if he played at the top of a three it would work with Cleverley and Carrick but that's not a lot of protection for our defence. It's hard to accommodate them all I suppose... but rotation's the key.

hahaha dc never fails to crack me up. Months of spaffing his knickers over Vanday and...

I'm surprised at the transfer fee involved in the #RVP deal to United. We'll just go invest that in a younger player. #mcfc

Younger players like Daniele De Rossi

rooney and rvp combining is exciting though. the conversion rate should be very good next season and it was already strong.

He's not ready to be a first-choice United striker yet anyway, to be honest I'm not convinced he ever will be! He should go out on loan, it would probably be a good move for him.

kharma45

rooney and rvp combining is exciting though, and lessens the dependence on the former. the conversion rate should be very good next season and it was already strong.

I feel worse for Hernandez, at least Welbeck is versatile and can do a job on the wing.

Salvadora

I don't understand why Song is being allowed to leave with 3 years left on his contract. Is it wrong to expect a little bit of a fight?

kharma45

Fellow United fans, this also means we're not reliant on Rooney now for goals.

We actually now have a second striker we can rely on.

PaulLFC

Yes Mali!!

Congrats UnitedGAF. Enjoy Persday. I now look forward to Sinday and Rosday.

#basedmarwood will deliver.
As long as it's not Aggerday you can sign whoever you want!

Sahin signing will supposedly be announced tonight or tomorrow. I'm guessing tomorrow since there's international friendlies tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom