• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Fergie likes to have 4 strikers. Berba will probably sold, Chicha/Welbz cup games, some pl games.

Big positive is Young will have to do with a place on the bench

Empty

i believe in wellbeck.

I feel worse for Hernandez, at least Welbeck is versatile and can do a job on the wing.

true, it must be a blow after the success of his first season and his desire to jump back after last year. though i always conceived of hernandez as a supersub for when in search of the fergie time winner, as endearing as he is in personality and ability to get jammy goals he makes the team worse when he starts.

Wilbur

Banned
Fellow United fans, this also means we're not reliant on Rooney now for goals.

We actually now have a second striker we can rely on.

At the cost of Nani/Valencia/Welbeck/Kagawa not playing that much though... I just hope Rooney gets rotated as well so we can play 4-2-3-1 with RVP up top and three of them behind him. Fed up of Rooney always being in the team even if he's playing utter shite

omgkitty

Robin Reliant.

1181282_o.gif

Plasma

Banned
I don't understand why Song is being allowed to leave with 3 years left on his contract. Is it wrong to expect a little bit of a fight?

Seems like a really stupid decision, at this point his one of the more senior established players in the squad, even if we go out and buy another DM how long will it take them to adjust.

Yen

I still think Sahin will join Arsenal. Liverpool should step up their efforts to sign Walcott, for the lols.

Facism

god selcuk inan, bollocks yilmaz and Bulut have no business being anywhere near the national team. Where the fuck is Nuri? Mevlut?

OH FUCK OFF BOLLOCKS WAY TO TRAP THE BALL IN YOUR FEET IN A 1 ON 1 AGAINST THE KEEPER.

/RAGE.

Lol Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski will be thinking "what have we gotten ourselves into here?"
Why would they not think "now we have our chance to prove ourselves?" RVP was always expected to move, and Song can be replaced. I really think Arsenal will still come out of this summer a far better squad than last year.

PaulLFC

I still think Sahin will join Arsenal. Liverpool should step up their efforts to sign Walcott, for the lols.
Been confirmed by Oli Kay and (more reliably imo) by Duncan Jenkins that he's signing for us subject to a medical. We're waiting for him to get to Liverpool and complete the formalities before we announce it, which will likely be tomorrow with the internationals tonight.

Salvadora

Apparently been a bit of a let down attitude wise, threatning to pull a Carlos Tevez.

Put him in the fucking reserves then.
Seems like a really stupid decision, at this point his one of the more senior established players in the squad, even if we go out and buy another DM how long will it take them to adjust.

It's incredibly fucking stupid. As Meus said, Its seems almost open season 24/7 on our squad.

kharma45

At the cost of Nani/Valencia/Welbeck/Kagawa not playing that much though... I just hope Rooney gets rotated as well so we can play 4-2-3-1 with RVP up top and three of them behind him. Fed up of Rooney always being in the team even if he's playing utter shite

That's what RVP gives us now, the option to drop Rooney and not worry.

Facism

Been confirmed by Oli Kay and (more reliably imo) by Duncan Jenkins that he's signing for us subject to a medical. We're waiting for him to get to Liverpool and complete the formalities before we announce it, which will likely be tomorrow with the internationals tonight.

He might as well catch the bloody plane to liverpool now. Hasn't even started for Turkey whilst footballing detrius like Yilmaz and Inan have.

dc89

Rooney & RVP.
Tevez & Aguero.

Two frightening strike forces and one of them will fire their team to the title. I'm doing my PL predictions when I get in.

Wayne Rooney ‏@WayneRooney
@piersmorgan Arrrrr poor piers. @piersmorgan whats up now big man

THIS IS THE BEST!!!

Biggest JT on Twitter. Not Piers, but Rooney. I remember when he Tweeted how he was laughing at the Toure's for losing in the final of ACoN. I bet they laughed when Aguero banged in that goal.

L1NETT

Can't see how United fans are questioning the how the system will work with RVP. More options is better as far as I can see.

If you want to win the league, you need depth. Last year showed that, city had attacking depth.

Nani will probably have to sit on the bench more often, as will Hernandez.

Injuries and form issues will arise.

Great signing :)

Wilbur

Banned
Wayne Rooney ‏@WayneRooney
@piersmorgan Arrrrr poor piers. @piersmorgan whats up now big man

THIS IS THE BEST!!!

Was just about to post this hahaha! As much as I was indifferent to this signing, I'm loving the reaction it's getting

That's what RVP gives us now, the option to drop Rooney and not worry.

I don't think Rooney will get dropped much though. He'll always be there, I think RVP will be around most the time... so it's probably 2 spaces between Kagawa, Nani, Valencia and Welbeck (with Young and Hernandez hovering around).

Meier

Dzagoev scored today for Russia versus Ivory Coast. Quite surprised he didn't end up moving this summer after his monster performance at the Euros.

Kweh

Why? Selling RvP only makes sense. I think you can replace Song with M'Villa quite easily (or Frimpong :p)

Exactly. Kneejerk reactions all over the place. Our 3 new signings played excellent together at the weekend when RVP wasn't on the field.

Losing RVP we can live with, its where he's gone that hurts the most.

Amazing amount of money for him though, Fergie got mugged. He must have wanted him really badly.

thaOwner

Fellow United fans, this also means we're not reliant on Rooney now for goals.

We actually now have a second striker we can rely on.

And a left footer as well. To me that is the most exciting thing for me. Evra and Anderson don't coun't. They both cannot shoot the ball if their lives depended on it. Shit, Evra even sometimes forget he can actually shoot outside the box.

Clegg

Ian McGarry ‏@garbosj
Van Persie will complete his move to #MCFC within two weeks. Fee of around £22m. Contract worth £225k per week already agreed. #AFC
Thats a fuckload of money. I hope this goes well for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom