• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

People should stop laughing at Arsenal, they've just done phenomenally well to get £24 million for a 29 year old, injury prone player who's in the last year of his contract. Good signing for United, regardless, but it's a great deal for Arsenal.

Meier

Yeah he's class, I thought Spurs or Liverpool would have been in for him, even discounting foreign interest.

City were supposedly interested some months back but nothing came of it. Very good player. I need to re-add him to my fantasy team.. he's sure to have another nice season.

Kweh

Alex Song came in today to say his goodbyes.He's gone to Barcelona to replace Busquets.
The manner of Song's exit, his attitude, left a lot to be desired.
Song apparently said, "If you keep me, I'm not gonna play."

Terrible if true.

Feel sorry for Wenger the most.

What you guys talking about? That was the wage McGarry said RVP would earn at City which he said would happen 2 months ago.

Basically it's bullshit.

3Sixty

People should stop laughing at Arsenal, they've just done phenomenally well to get £24 million for a 29 year old, injury prone player who's in the last year of his contract. Good signing for United, regardless, but it's a great deal for Arsenal.

Of course, its probably a good deal from everyone involved.

But its funny because Arsenal lose their best player every summer.

Wilbur

Banned
It would suck if he got injured during training lol.

I can guarantee it happens.

I still really am unsure how this'll turn out. I give him one and a half good years, winning us the title, before sitting around injured on his arse picking up 225k a week while we finish sixth and Liverpool sign Messi.

EDIT: I FUCKING FAIL AT READING COMPREHENSION

Indeed & they freed up quite a lot of their wage budget by the looks of it.

Meier

I think it's impossible to know for sure, but £225k a week would seemingly be the highest in the PL. There are rumors that some City players make more, but I believe the existing ceiling is £198k according to fairly reliable reports. It's a great move for Van Persie clearly and for Arsenal from a fiscal point of view, but their fans are naturally going to be disappointed because with the exception of Cesc, they keep selling their best players to their domestic competition.

:( I am gutted. Don't think Wenger would have wanted him to go to another PL team, but it's RVP's choice.

We've sold big players and replaced them before (some would argue not very well though) we can do it again. Come on Arsenal!

Also, I should get Bendtner on my next Arsenal shirt.

Salvadora

Alex Song came in today to say his goodbyes.He's gone to Barcelona to replace Busquets.
The manner of Song's exit, his attitude, left a lot to be desired.
Song apparently said, "If you keep me, I'm not gonna play."
This is unbelievable..

Wilbur

Banned
City were supposedly interested some months back but nothing came of it. Very good player.

Certainly is. Matches skill by actually delivering.

--------------

The deal was done a few weeks ago guys, here's Anderson and RVP together

A0QxddmCcAA1oQO.jpg

Damnit Wenger!

Not that I am personally displeased with leaving it at Giroud and Podolski, but I am absolutely positive that when quizzed this weekend on RvP, Wenger explicitly said that we had 'bought players to strengthen the squad, not replace RvP.' It was in one of his post-Cologne interviews, maybe even the one on the official site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom