• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Moment of controversy! Danny Fox clears off the line after Brett Holman fired in a shot with the Australians claiming the Scotland defender handled the ball.

-
Southampton's Danny Fox making his mark on the international game

To be fair to him, the ball had clearly gone out before hand, but since that wasn't given, it should have been a penalty and a red for Fox. Instead they got a corner, and scored from it. Weird situation.

Overreaction much? We knew RVP would leave and we brought in Podolski and Giroud both of which are good signings.We brought in Cazorla too,who most people agree that he is fantastic.
With this money we can bring in another couple of players and with Song going too,that gives more funds for new signings.

Holy fuck where have we got £40million from this transfer window? We didn't even get out of the champions league group stage...still our biggest signing in years but pls fagie cover him in cotton wool and caress him to sleep evey night

D_prOdigy

Re: Persie-gate

Welbeck is a young, England starter. If it comes to the worse in his mind, he could probably get a starting place in most PL teams.

It's Hernandez I really feel gutted for. He was always better than a bit-part player. He needed his chance.

LegoArmo

Over reaction much? We knew RVP would leave and we brought in Podolski and Giroud both of which are good signings.We brought in Cazorla too,who most people agree that he is fantastic.
With this money we can bring in another couple of players and with Song going too,that gives more funds for new signings.

I think the reaction is because people think that you've already spent that money. Like you said, Wenger knew he was leaving...

Salvadora

Over reaction much? We knew RVP would leave and we brought in Podolski and Giroud both of which are good signings.We brought in Cazorla too,who most people agree that he is fantastic.

I'm concerned that this won't happen

I think the reaction is because people think that you've already spent that money. Like you said, Wenger knew he was leaving...

bjaelke

Mickaël Martin-Haim ‏@MikaMartinHaim
Chicharito asked to be on Sir Alex Ferguson's tranfer list. Arsenal could make an offer soon.

Wilbur

Banned
Re: Persie-gate

Welbeck is a young, England starter. If it comes to the worse in his mind, he could probably get a starting place in most PL teams.

It's Hernandez I really feel gutted for. He was always better than a bit-part player. He needed his chance.

Well if Welbeck has just signed a new contract... and keep in mind van Persie's age. I reckon we could get a fantastic year or two out of him but his injuries will catch up with him eventually.

Hernandez has been shite for a year now. Maybe no Olympics will do him good but he's not very good at anything but scoring.

omgkitty

Very likely, but I've resigned myself to the way Wenger handles business and am sure that we'll stick with only them while still somehow ekeing out a Champion's League spot.

As I live in the US, I've only been supporting Arsenal since I was 15 (2005) and RvP and Song have always been my favourite players. I'm sure we'll be fine, but emotionally it's an awful feeling having both of them potentially leave in the same window.

You live and learn. I started following around that same time and my favorite players were Henry and Cesc, so needless to say, I think every Arsenal fan knows heartbreak.

Clegg

RVP is a great signing but can we please play Kagawa in his proper position.

Don't think I could handle seeing him play as a CM every game.

Wes

venison crêpe
Guardian writer has cracked it:

@GreggBakowski
Think Fergie & Wenger had the RVP deal agreed for weeks but hate internationals so much they waited till just before kick off to announce it

Falcao perhaps?

He cost Atletico Madrid £40m last year but they're in financial trouble and only own 50% of his rights. Arsenal could possibly get him for £30m.

yes, falcao was his replacement in Fifa 12,

after RVP snubbed my extension offer the bastard!! and felt he was too big for the club

now it's happening in real life.....

anyway falcao is a dream, his wages wont suit arsenal

Timurid

Overreaction much? We knew RVP would leave and we brought in Podolski and Giroud both of which are good signings.We brought in Cazorla too,who most people agree that he is fantastic.
Diaby.

Wilbur

Banned
Chicharito asked to be on Sir Alex Ferguson's tranfer list. Arsenal could make an offer soon.

Hahaha oh wow

RVP is a great signing but can we please play Kagawa in his proper position.

Don't think I could handle seeing him play as a CM every game.

Yep. If we rotate properly, RVP, Rooney, Kagawa, Nani and Valencia could all get 25-30 starts with a bunch of subs appearances, so hopefully we don't have to resort to putting Kagawa or Rooney in midfield again.

Giroud is so strong and forceful when going for balls in the box, it's great to see. So far he seems to be everything I had hoped Chamakh to be, who just seems content to stand still and hope the ball gravitates towards his head.

fuenf

Dont forget that Bundesliga strikers always do exceptionally well during their first Premier League season. (Berbatov, Santa Cruz, Ba, Cisse)

Wilbur

Banned
Leon Knight LOL

FUCK THE ARSENAL BOARD ..........FUCK EM FUCK EM!!!!!..... With a Mandingo DICK and no Vaseline!!!

The arsenal board must want me to run up in their meeting like SWAT HEADLOSS!! How u gonna sell a player to a club that finished above us

Fuck song that fucking picky head he can suck a swollen nut ... Fucking pussy HEADLOSS

Hold up what is RVP doing Nah my head has fucking GONE Naaaaaaaah hold up nah wait WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D_prOdigy

VgXCk.gif

Clegg

I'd rather have Hernandez stay for another season and prove that last year was just a dip in form. But if he has another poor season then we should consider letting him go.

Its not Uniteds fault that he had a poor season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom