• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Jojo scored!

And Leandro Damiao.

Edit: Wilbury don't feed the attention whore.
Edit2: Lol, not dc <3 Leon Knight!

dc89

Yes, because United buying one 29 year old and City buying one 21 year old completely invalidates that statement.

To be fair a lot of the Mancini's City signings have been young players, ages are when they joined, I may get some slightly wrong though.

Savic - 20
Boateng (didn't work out) - 21
Johnson - 23
Rodwell - 21
Balotelli - 20
Silva - 24
Dzeko - 24
Nasri - 24

Jojo scored!

And Leandro Damiao.

Edit: Wilbury don't feed the attention whore.
Edit2: Lol, not dc <3 Leon Knight!

<3

kharma45

That thing about Hernendez handing in a transfer request was from ages ago.

Hernandez: "Competition in the team can be good. It's normal for a footballer, I'm going to be ready whenever the gaffer wants me to play."

Empty

Yes, because United buying one 29 year old and City buying one 21 year old completely invalidates that statement.

lol dc65 etc but it is kind of interesting. nearly everything fergie has done recently has been about creating the next generation united team so as to leave a strong foundation for when he leaves. rvp is a change of direction in the transfer market, maybe it's because he thinks with city's strength he won't be able to leave on the high he wants.

Clegg

RVP still has to complete a medical and agree personal terms.

Watch us pull out of the deal coz we won't pay the agents fees.

There are still plenty of things that could scupper this deal.

bjaelke

Lars Jacobsen
KuGsj.gif
You can just tell he has Everton and Copenhagen dna.

sohois

I guess I'm a little late in light of other transfer news, but this Modric transfer really screwed up my FPL team. I've got Bale in there atm, but I don't consider that one bad dive he did enough for him to qualify for my team. If only Song was staying in the PL, seems like he would have made a perfect replacement.

Also had to replace Bellamy whom i forgot left, I just went for Jerome since I assumed as a Stoke player he would qualify.

vtHR2.jpg

I still can't believe it, what makes me furious is not that RVP is a cunt, although he is

but that we sold our player of the year to... Manchester fucking United?!?! holy shit.

LegoArmo

RVP still has to complete a medical and agree personal terms.

Watch us pull out of the deal coz we won't pay the agents fees.

There are still plenty of things that could scupper this deal.

Not a chance United announce it on their website unless they're 100% sure.

Wilbur

Banned
I still can't believe it, what makes me furious is not that RVP is a cunt, although he is

but that we sold our player of the year to... Manchester fucking United?!?! holy shit.

Clegg was warned when his house got broken into, don't think mods are gonna like it if you're calling Premier League Player of the Year 2012/13 one

lol at Germany. Too many Bayern players IMO.
Good one.

this whole game sucks. i hate these international friendlies anyway, a SuperCup played over two legs would've been far more exciting than this shit.
lol no, Supercup is just as shitty.

Because he can defend and not-score own goals?

You're not really defending the injured, mentally handicapped and out of form Schweinsteiger at the Euro now, right? I'm fine with good Schweini, shit-Schweini is awful and should be benched.

The inconvenient truth for Arsenal is that demonising these players doesn't lessen the fact that Flamini, Hleb, Adebayor, Clichy, Nasri, Cesc, RVP and Song - have decided to leave the club (beside the last two) quite early in their Arsenal careers without having reached their peak. It's quite evident that this trend is indicative of a mindset that does not believe they can achieve success with Arsenal. The RVP transfer and likely Song exit will only reinforce this perception within the current crop.

It must be said also - what toll is this taking on Wenger himself? Time after time he brings in unknowns, nurtures and then develops them before they jump ship abandoning his hopes? Could he be the next big exit?

This has been coming for several years now and I genuinely feel could have been avoided by seeking to sell the club to a rich benefactor to stay competitive. The board refused citing the clubs long-term security as the reason, but what will the longterm prospects be for the club if they lose all their major talent and drop out of the Champions League?

Wilbur

Banned
Cleverley's playing well, if you ask me. Bright, gives the ball early and quick, gets into good little pockets and moves the ball on intelligently. But I reckon he's fucking knackered before the season even starts.

Clegg

I think SAF is going to keep his 4-4-2.

Rooney and RVP will play up front and we'll play Kagawa on the left with Nani/Valencia playing on the right. Sounds like such a Fergie thing to do. Buy a #10 and stick him on the wing.

Wilbur

Banned
I think SAF is going to keep his 4-4-2 going.

Rooney and RVP will play up front and we'll play Kagawa on the left with Nani/Valencia playing on the right. Sounds like such a Fergie thing to do. Buy a #10 and stick him on the wing.

This will disappoint me greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom