• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emhemed

I think SAF is going to keep his 4-4-2 going.

Rooney and RVP will play up front and we'll play Kagawa on the left with Nani/Valencia playing on the right. Sounds like such a Fergie thing to do. Buy a #10 and stick him on the wing.

That would be a waste, Kagawa doesn't deserve this

Lucky let off for Argentina I see Germany coming back

I wasn't quite sure what all the fuss about the money MUFC played for RVP, then I realized that it was pounds rather than euros. Fuck. That's a lot. And 225k a week?

Christ, can't blame the Arsenal or RVP for taking it. He wouldn't have made half that at Juve, and Arsenal would have got 20m in EUROs. Insane.

Best of luck to him. Need to unfollow him on Twitter though, unfortunately. :p

-

Person I won't unfollow? Sir Joseph Barton. He's amazing.

Andy Townsend talks some b*llocks. Is there not a better commentator in this god forsaken country?

:lol

WJD

Cleverley's playing well, if you ask me. Bright, gives the ball early and quick, gets into good little pockets and moves the ball on intelligently. But I reckon he's fucking knackered before the season even starts.

Yeah, when he gets in the ball he's looked pretty good but I don't think he's seeing enough of it.

Clegg

This will disappoint me greatly.

I think we'll see Kagawa play behind the striker when we rotate the team. But for the big games I think its more than likely we'll play him on the left to accommodate our wingers and strikers.

Or maybe we'll experiment with a 4-3-1-2 and eschew our wingers to play Kagawa behind RVP and Rooney.

Wilbur

Banned
I think we'll see Kagawa play behind the striker when we rotate the team. But for the big games I think its more than likely we'll play him on the left to accommodate our wingers and strikers.

Or maybe we'll experiment with a 4-3-1-2 and eschew our wingers to play Kagawa behind RVP and Rooney.

Would be a massive waste to have him on the wings.

I think if we just stick with 4-2-3-1 and keep very fluid. RVP is capable of playing behind the striker and cutting in if he has to, so if Rooney, Kagawa, RVP and Nani are switching around like Michael Flatley leading rehearsals then we should be very dangerous in attack.

kharma45

Would be a massive waste to have him on the wings.

I think if we just stick with 4-2-3-1 and keep very fluid. RVP is capable of playing behind the striker and cutting in if he has to, so if Rooney, Kagawa, RVP and Nani are switching around like Michael Flatley leading rehearsals then we should be very dangerous in attack.

That's what I feel too, 4-2-3-1 and let the front four run riot.

Nm Berba, but what does this mean for Welbeck? Didn't he just sign a contract recently for 75k a week?

He's versatile, can play on the wings. Plus he's still young and raw and will benefit from someone like RvP. If anyone should be worried it's Hernandez.

4 top strikers some may say is too many but imo it gives us great depth.

Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse
Look out for another significant #MUFC announcement from Old Trafford tomorrow.

Stadium naming rights?

Edit - whoops beaten by dc, but yeah I think it'll be off the pitch. MEN saying Gill has some strong words or something too.

Clegg

Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse
Look out for another significant #MUFC announcement from Old Trafford tomorrow.

Stadium naming rights?

Edit - whoops beaten by dc, but yeah I think it'll be off the pitch. MEN saying Gill has some strong words or something too.

Either the Welbeck contract or Stadium naming rights.

But knowing Howard Nurse, the story will be RVP signing.

Hes usually the last to know anything.

Btw. @ people laughing at the RvP market value on transfermart.de or co.uk/.it (I think it was yurt)
They weren't to much off, were they?
They have 45m with a fictional 3y contract. He transfered for 24m pounds = 30m euro with 1 year outstanding.
They're not such a bad source.

Kyoufu

I read on Twitter by a random ITK that if RVP signs for Man United then Welbeck will go on loan to Arsenal.

Most likely bs.

Emhemed

That red card changed the game dramatically. Argentina look good when they're actually not.

Messi how the fuck did you miss that?!!

Apparently United only paid £15m up-front for RVP, the rest is in performances related add-ons and that kinda thing.
Just read that.

£15m rising to £22m. That makes more sense to me from our point of view but I would be a bit surprised if Arsenal accepted that.

Then again Barca only paid £14m up front for Cesc so I wouldn't be that surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom