• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Yurt, Verratti signing!

Just read that.

£15m rising to £22m. That makes more sense to me from our point of view but I would be a bit surprised if Arsenal accepted that.

Then again Barca only paid £14m up front for Cesc so I wouldn't be that surprised.

14m? Hahahah Arsenal's board are mugs

:O the announcement has to be you are signing Bolt!

Schlongs out!

If he can play left back I'll fucking fud everyone I know

Clegg

BeardedGenius is a God

637992294.jpg

LegoArmo

4-2-3-1

----Carrick-Scholes----
Kagawa-Rooney-Nani
-------Van Persie-------

Valencia can play right back, or rotate with any of the 3. Lots of roaming.

Wilbur

Banned
4-2-3-1

----Carrick-Scholes----
Kagawa-Rooney-Nani
-------Van Persie-------

If the front four are consistently moving around then a lot of teams will have trouble with that I think.

Clegg

4-2-3-1

----Carrick-Scholes----
Kagawa-Rooney-Nani
-------Van Persie-------

I'd rather see this

----Carrick-Scholes----
Nani-Kagawa-Rooney
-------Van Persie-------

Rooney played wide left when Ronaldo was with us and was decent there.

Kagawa has also shown that he is probably a better creator than Rooney too. There would obviously be a lot of rotation amongst those 4 players.

But I think that a 4-4-2 is more likely. Rooney is the main man at United now. He won't be happy to play second fiddle like he did while Ronaldo was with us.

Kagawa would probably play as a CM in a 4-4-2.

To be fair, he's been put there nominally; a lot of us have been going Nani - Kagawa - Rooney. Enough fluidity and he'll be fine.

I just don't want to see him moved into CM
Oh, ok, I can see that. He did roam to the wings at times.
He could work as CM, but only vs. absolutely shitty teams otherwise you'd be wide open & he'd be more susceptible to injuries there. He did suffer from a broken foot two times alraedy. *knocks on wood*

choodi

Banned
Cant believe Australa are losing to Scotland.

Squad overhaul needed ASAP, otherwise we won't be going to Brazil

nemesun

Fuck me, this is one hella news to come home to. I'm really sick of modern football and everything that is associated with it, beautiful game my arse.

kharma45

I'd rather see this

----Carrick-Scholes----
Nani-Kagawa-Rooney
-------Van Persie-------

Rooney played wide left when Ronaldo was with us and was decent there.

Kagawa has also shown that he is probably a better creator than Rooney too. There would obviously be a lot of rotation amongst those 4 players.

Same here, and Rooney would at least track back too.

Lol. What did he achieve at United apart from scoring past City?

That's all he needed to do. His transfer was worth that alone.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh, ok, I can see that. He did roam to the wings at times.
He could work as CM, but only vs. absolutely shitty teams otherwise you'd be wide open & he'd be more susceptible to injuries there. He did suffer from a broken foot two times alraedy. *knocks on wood*

Yeah I agree. I want to see him behind the striker most of the time really but floating around with the other three.

Valencia's looked promising at RB to be honest and if he's happy playing there I'd love to fit him in somewhere, but then hopefully Rafael/Smalling/Jones don't suffer because of it.

Fergie has to rotate the fuck out of this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom