• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesun

Piers Morgan is an absolutely disgraceful person.

What the fuck is it with Arsenal fans? Why is it every player who Arsenal sell or who moves on from Arsenal is a "mercenary" or whatever? Such a babyish persecution complex.

I feel bloody insulted just by being associated with Piers fucking Morgan. Don't paint us all with the same brush, Piers is a scumbag and not a proper fan.

elsk

Banned
Don't know if posted yet:
Arsenal could be interested in Chicharito.

You're not really defending the injured, mentally handicapped and out of form Schweinsteiger at the Euro now, right? I'm fine with good Schweini, shit-Schweini is awful and should be benched.

Shit Schweinsteiger is still better than Khedira. Khedira is an average DM, his defensive skills are average for a "top" DM and his passing, vision are as mediocre.

dc89

Why can't FM reflect real life;

"envious eyes were cast at Manchester City as free spending Chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak injected £30m into the clubs coffers"

Or something to that effect.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone explain who Piers Morgan is and why he is hated so much? I think he was on TV for one of the US broadcasts of a game this year.

Fry

Conflicting report about Martinez.

David ‏@davidjaca
Antonio Sanz, representative of Javi Martínez; No truth behind Bayern Munich deal, and his player will continue with Athletic.

Isn't it common that they say stuff like this right before the deal is done?

Bumhead

Banned
Has one of us on here done this? I can't think of anyone.

Fair enough, I should have said "some" Arsenal fans. Piers Morgan clearly isn't indicative of an entire fanbase. But then neither is FootyGAF. There's a fair bit of equally tedious moaning going on amongst others.

It's frustrating because some Arsenal fans seem to get way, way spikier over where their players go than anyone else seems to. Nasri might be a twat but some of the stuff certain Arsenal fans were coming out with in response to him moving to City - including on here - was fucking appalling and delusional in the highest regard.

Wilbur

Banned
Why can't FM reflect real life;

"envious eyes were cast at Manchester City as free spending Chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak injected £30m into the clubs coffers"

Or something to that effect.

You haven't signed any class players like Jack Rodwell on FM though

Don't know if posted yet:
Arsenal could be interested in Chicharito.

Shit Schweinsteiger is still better than Khedira. Khedira is an average DM, his defensive skills are average for a "top" DM and his passing, vision are as mediocre.

No. Every team could use a Khedira. He may not possess the best tech (sort of an understatement..), but he is a true leader and he'll tear himself apart for the team and he keeps improving.

RvP fee £22.5m + £1.5m bonus if #mufc win PL or CL in next 4yrs. #Afc were willing to give him best-ever deal but never offered actually it.
http://twitter.com/bbcsport_david

Can someone explain who Piers Morgan is and why he is hated so much? I think he was on TV for one of the US broadcasts of a game this year.

Being American, I've not suffered him much, but in my experience: His entire persona is to be a smarmy, polemic dick who pokes at (often innocent) people during interviews in hopes of having them blow up on his show.

fuenf

not sure if i heard it correctly, but i think the commentator said that Khedira didnt commit a single foul during the Euro :( that's unacceptable for a DM imo.

No. Every team could use a Khedira. He may not possess the best tech (sort of an understatement..), but he is a true leader and he'll tear himself apart for the team and he keeps improving.

but it's fools gold, yes he's a better leader than the Bayern players (except Neuer) but he's always running around like a headless chicken.

Clydefrog

I'm pretty sure he was cast out of England and decided to come to USA because we didn't know how much of a douche he was. you'll slowly come to the realization though. I know I have.

panty

u9pXD.gif

Can you be a bit more bitter.

jtb

Banned
Glad RVP deal is out of the way. Shame it had to be to a title "rival" (yeah, I used the word, whatever.) but the money's more important. Now I want it to be spent. Song wants to fuck off and rot on the bench at Barca? Fine. Let him leave. But I want quality replacements. I want Wenger to call up Mou and Perez and fucking buy Sahin right now. I want M'Vila. I want a quality full back and an experienced center half so we can ship Djourou's sorry ass out on loan. Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla are steps in the right direction; relying on Diaby for a season is a giant leap in the reverse.

Wilbur

Banned
Played well tonight actually, just a shame we couldn't do it in the Euros (I know, different squads... but we didn't play with any adventure).

Carrick should be in the Euros squad.

nemesun

As I said on AM, regrettably we're stuck in this vicious cycle and I've fully come to terms with the fact that Arsène's team won't challenge for the foreseeable future. So I'm going to just sit back and enjoy the ride and hope for a Mickey mouse trophy or two along the way.

Glad RVP deal is out of the way. Shame it had to be to a title "rival" (yeah, I used the word, whatever.) but the money's more important. Now I want it to be spent. Song wants to fuck off and rot on the bench at Barca? Fine. Let him leave. But I want quality replacements. I want Wenger to call up Mou and Perez and fucking buy Sahin right now. I want M'Vila. I want a quality full back and an experienced center half so we can ship Djourou's sorry ass out on loan. Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla are steps in the right direction; relying on Diaby for a season is a giant leap in the reverse.

'Title'?

Don't be silly.

Bumhead

Banned
What the hell? Don't compare us to Piers...

Like I said above, I should have said "some" Arsenal fans.

I guess I shouldn't lump everyone in with Piers Morgan. Or the many, many, many people on Twitter who are using words like "disgusted" to describe this move, saying they've been "betrayed", wishing he gets injured and sending abuse left right and centre about him leaving Arsenal.

How does this even make sense? Khedira carried Schweini through the Euro until the Italy match. How can a worse player do that?

not sure if i heard it correctly, but i think the commentator said that Khedira didnt commit a single foul during the Euro :( that's unacceptable for a DM imo.

Yeah, doesn't make sense either.

Yen

United aren't your rivals. Spurs, Newcastle, Liverpool and Everton are Arsenal's rivals.

I've seen enough, Götze is back :)

Götze-Reus-Kuba, please, Kloppo.

Feels good, doesn't it? :D

but it's fools gold, yes he's a better leader than the Bayern players (except Neuer) but he's always running around like a headless chicken.

1) why? He was great throughout the Euro.

2) That's his role in the team, he's supposed to run from box to box. I don't see a problem. Can show me a player who possesses similar qualities & can pass/has a tech like Xabi?
------------
Here's his own goal btw. [turn off the sound if you hate Arab commentary (aka. yelling)]:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAiMQaoZ8CQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd6H4akHVH8

K1LLER7

Didn't see this before but Arsenal have it on the site RVP will go to Manchester on thursday and look to complete the deal.

Fergie conference on Friday I think, both Henriquez and RVP could be revealed then.

elsk

Banned
Isn't it common that they say stuff like this right before the deal is done?

Yes, just wait a couple of days. I remember a transfer like one or two seasons ago, the press said it was done and some Bayern rep said it wasn't true. Next day they announced it. Also, nobody at Bayern denied it.

I rather have a good DM than a "leader" who only feature is to play with heart. We already have a great leader in Neuer anyways.

Clegg

Saw this on RedCafe
Red Issue ‏@RedIssue
We know hacks were desperately trying to track down Hernandez's agent earlier, so rumours of a transfer request might have some substance.

Red Issue ‏@RedIssue
If so, he's not the only first choice player from last season looking at the exit door.

Uh oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom