• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd rather Nani stayed. When on form hes the best winger in the league. We'd also need to spend an absolute bomb to sign an adequate replacement for him.

It would be much better for us to reach a compromise with him and get that contract signed. We'd also be in a very bad situation if he hasn't signed a new contract by next summer. He'd be in the last year of his contract and if we sold it would be for a knockdown price.

I can't see the Glazers reinvesting that money into new players either tbh.

Yeah I'd love him to stay as well; unplayable on his day.

dc89

WHY did I sign Kaka and Joaquin on FM in my first season? I can't shift them on now. It's hampering my transfer business.

kharma45

WHY did I sign Kaka and Joaquin on FM in my first season? I can't shift them on now. It's hampering my transfer business.

Shit one, I've got Ashley Young on £150k a week in my Bath team, need to get rid of him at the end of this season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A0XljkOCMAEbiiJ.jpg

Can't wait til we start retaining dat title.

I'd take Aguero+Tevez any day of the week, but RVP outscored both of them combined.

1) Well it shows that he only cared about attacking and that Schweinseiger had to do the dirty work. Yeah he showed great heart, but if he's only there as an attacking option than i would rather see Götze / Kroos / Reus in his place.

2) yes he's supposed to be box to box, but it feels more like midfield-line to box. The player you are looking for is a fit Schweinsteiger (as long as he doesnt have to sit back and do Khediras dirty work). Like i said countless of time before, Khedira's heart and will is admirable but most of the time it doesnt result in anyhting positive. He's like the midfield version of Olic.

Because Schweine misplaced like 50% of his passes, lol
At some point Khedira must've thought: fuck this shit, I'm going in.
He had to stay back, because that is what deep-laying playmakers do. They get the ball from the CBs and pass it on so must've seemed like he was more active on the def. But Khedira was at the very least just as active while also carying the ball forward, he was just all over the fucking place. Him & Bender/Gündogan/Kroos would've been much much better.

The Kicker preview is only saying that the Martinez isnt perfect, well d'uh. :/ guess we wont get a better source than Bild or http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20120...c-40-millones-claves-clasula_54337569340.html today. :(
yeah, hopefully that'll teach elsk a lesson or two about Bild ;O
(they have a horrid rep in Germany, yet they're pretty reliable on transfers....but they're far from Kicker/good regional newspapers-reliable). That is if the transfer doesn't go through, obviously.

Meier

U a bit scared, there, dc?

I think anyone would rightfully be scared of a Rooney and RVP partnership. It will take some time for the two of them to work together effectively though.. these are two very, very big egos who will now need to figure out how to share the spotlight.

Tevez and Aguero being countrymen and playing at that level together for some time made that adjustment a lot easier.. then Tevez decided to fuck off home. Since he came back, it's been very clear that the two of them work incredibly well together but even still, there were moments during the CS where you absolutely couldn't believe Tevez didn't pass it to Kun.

The new Man U partnership will definitely require some period of adjustment. Hopefully RVP gets injured before they can click. ;)

elsk

Banned
2) lol, Schweine is like an open door. He's no proper DM (just like Sahin isn't one, for instance). Fucking Biscuits is probably getting there, although he wins a lot of his duels with disgusting malice. Ugh, now you made me think of that goddamn piece of shit :(

Schweinsteiger is a much better DM than Khedira, and Schweinsteiger is also a top CM.
Khedira is supposed to be the defensive DM, IIRC, so he does a poorly job in that aspect. As box-to-box midfielder he's average because of his lack of technique...

Schweinsteiger, before last season injuries, was the best complete midfielder out there.

To be honest, I barely saw him playing before this year Euro. In the Euro I liked him because of his attacking spirit, and I wouldn't mind having him as depth player to replace Tymo. But Javi Martínez is a much better players than him.

yeah, hopefully that'll teach elsk a lesson or two about Bild ;O
(they have a horrid rep in Germany, yet they're pretty reliable on transfers....but they're far from Kicker/good regional newspapers-reliable). That is if the transfer doesn't go through, obviously.

They're usually right in Bayern transfers. They announced the Shaqiri deal 2 days before Bayern made it official. Aren't they supposed to have very top insiders in Bayern?

Clegg

Pretty obvious that we were seriously in for Hazard and Moura, says something, I think.

True. But we signed neither of them. Kagawa is a great player but he isn't a winger. Nani is still the best we have atm.

Rodriguez could be a good purchase but Porto would want £25m-30m for him. Unless a new wonderkid winger appears in the next year I'd much rather we gave Nani a new contract.

Meier

This is just ridiculous. Modric was probably the best CM in the Premier League.

Yaya Toure is probably the best player in the PL so I'm going to disagree personally. I do think the world of Modric though personally despite the fact that many at GAF don't.

Wilbur

Banned
Yaya Toure is probably the best player in the PL so I'm going to disagree personally. I do think the world of Modric though personally despite the fact that many at GAF don't.

Agreed that Yaya is the best - I'd rather have him than any other midfielder in the world personally (including Barca's midfielders; not that he's better but would suit us more), but Modric is very high up there for me. Top 3 probably.

Kyoufu

If he manages to stay fit, and that's a big if. 1 injury-free year out of 8 is nothing to write home about.

The biggest problem Man United still have is the fact that they can purchase all the strikers in the world but at the end of the day, they'll still get annihilated by Newcastle's midfield. :)

They need to focus on getting a CM.

LegoArmo

True. But we signed neither of them. Kagawa is a great player but he isn't a winger. Nani is still the best we have atm.

Rodriguez could be a good purchase but Porto would want £25m-30m for him. Unless a new wonderkid winger appears in the next year I'd much rather we gave Nani a new contract.

Me too, I'd hope missing out on them, Fergie has just said "screw it" and gave Nani however much he's asking for.

jtb

Banned
Modric is good. Too bad him leaving will just strengthen Spurs further... race for Top 4 is just going to get tougher. Chelsea, Tottenham looking dangerous, Newcastle still have a strong squad too.

fuenf

Because Schweine misplaced like 50% of his passes, lol
At some point Khedira must've thought: fuck this shit, I'm going in.
He had to stay back, because that is what deep-laying playmakers do. They get the ball from the CBs and pass it on so must've seemed like he was more active on the def. But Khedira was at the very least just as active while also carying the ball forward, he was just all over the fucking place. Him & Bender/Gündogan/Kroos would've been much much better.

that's why i said fit Schweini ;) but yeah it's impossible to argue now who was more effective on defense, all i'm saying is that there's more to football than being "all over the pitch." But honestly i dont care, i guess i just dont like him / or his playstyle. I appreciate what he does, but i just dont think it's that effecive. But who am i? 'The only one' rates him very highly and that's all that matters.

Meier

Agreed that Yaya is the best - I'd rather have him than any other midfielder in the world personally (including Barca's midfielders; not that he's better but would suit us more), but Modric is very high up there for me. Top 3 probably.

Yeah, Yaya brings new meaning to the term bossing the midfield. He's just an absolute force due to his size and strength plus his ability to score when given the chance is really quite amazing. He has incredible touch.. that goal against Cech the other day was just perfectly taken. You'd expect a big man like him to just destroy the ball but that goal plus the one versus Newcastle at the end of the season looked more like passes to the back of the net.

I do hope we see him in an attacking role more often this year because he's clearly well-suited.

nemesun

The biggest problem Man United still have is the fact that they can purchase all the strikers in the world they'll still get annihilated by Newcastle's midfield. :)

They need to focus on getting a CM.

Theatricality and deception, powerful agents for the uninitiated. But we are initiated, aren't we Kyoufu!

Meier

The former owner of Spurs has this to say:

I knew he was a Spurs fan from his Twitter battles with Piers but I only learned about him from The Apprentice which I've been watching since the UK version started. Didn't know he was the former owner of Spurs too.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
fifa friendlies just before a season start are completely ridiculous.

surely this stops for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom