• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
As I said on AM, regrettably we're stuck in this vicious cycle and I've fully come to terms with the fact that Arsène's team won't challenge for the foreseeable future. So I'm going to just sit back and enjoy the ride and hope for a Mickey mouse trophy or two along the way.
To be honest I can't see Wenger staying past his current term. His project has failed and the players he's nurtured have all moved on.

Even Cesc was shocked that RVP went to united though. Can't believe he would do that but whatever at this point. We lose Song and then start the season though and we're in huge trouble. Giroud and Podolski can cover RVP, Cazorla can add spark to our midfield and set pieces but defensively I'm worried and no back up to Arteta? We haven't learnt from last season apparantly.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
u9pXD.gif

Can you be a bit more bitter.

but he is right... there's a reason why madrid is paying 38 millions to bring in Modric. I'd reckon Modric will play alongside Alonso and Khedira will have a more secondary role.

what's arseblog take on the RVP deal?

elsk

Banned
Feels good, doesn't it? :D

1) why? He was great throughout the Euro.

2) That's his role in the team, he's supposed to run from box to box. I don't see a problem. Can show me a player who possesses similar qualities & can pass/has a tech like Xabi?

1) He was attacking in the Euros, not defending. And he looked good because the rest of your national team looked pretty bad.

2) Really? Schweinsteiger.

Clegg

Saw this on RedCafe

Red Issue ‏@RedIssue
We know hacks were desperately trying to track down Hernandez's agent earlier, so rumours of a transfer request might have some substance.

Red Issue ‏@RedIssue
If so, he's not the only first choice player from last season looking at the exit door.

Uh oh.

FootballFan

Hope it's true :)

Edit:Messi's hi-5 with pitch invader. I'll make a gif of it later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imysqdrSTCY&feature=player_embedded

Can't tell if its hi-5 or handshake lol.

This Song news is good, we need a DM to be on the bench and Song is good enough for that. RVP to United, I am surprised tbh. Thought he would either stay or go to City.

Some of you guys clearly don't know what a streaker is..

Nah I do I just couldnt think of the word pitch invader fast enough :lol.

Streaker is a naked person running through I think.

jtb

Banned
To be honest I can't see Wenger staying past his current term. His project has failed and the players he's nurtured have all moved on.

Even Cesc was shocked that RVP went to united though. Can't believe he would do that but whatever at this point. We lose Song and then start the season though and we're in huge trouble. Giroud and Podolski can cover RVP, Cazorla can add spark to our midfield and set pieces but defensively I'm worried and no back up to Arteta? We haven't learnt from last season apparantly.

this Song business is particularly infuriating. Why doesn't Wenger just tell him to stfu and play? If he doesn't want to play, then terminate this fucker's contract. There's no reason why we should reward his actions with a pay-raise and his desired move to Barcelona. Nasri wanted to move, but he still played for us. Song has three years left on his contract. He has zero bargaining powers. He certainly would not be worth whatever he thinks he's worth if he spent three years rotting in the reserves seeing out his contract.

1) He was attacking in the Euros, not defending. And he looked good because the rest of your national team looked pretty bad.

2) Really? Schweinsteiger.

1) No, he's wasn't just plainly attacking. He runs from box to box, it's a tactical role of DMs (box to box playmaker or something) and that's role in the national team now. while Schweine was supposed to level with the CBs during attacks, not because he's great at stopping ppl. but because he was a broken man at the Euro and couldn't do much more than that.
/edit
Also we were only so bad because most of the Bayern players dragged us down (blame Löw for that).

2) lol, Schweine is like an open door. He's no proper DM (just like Sahin isn't one, for instance). Fucking Biscuits is probably getting there, although he wins a lot of his duels with disgusting malice. Ugh, now you made me think of that goddamn piece of shit :(

/edit2

pwnd :)

panty

but he is right... there's a reason why madrid is paying 38 millions to bring in Modric. I'd reckon Modric will play alongside Alonso and Khedira will have a more secondary role.

what's arseblog take on the RVP deal?

lol wat

And no. Khedira had a good last season and he was amazing at the Euro's. He knows how to play with the rest of the squad and is developing constantly so if anything, Modric will be backup for Alonso and Khedira. That wimpy pos is not needed at RM.

Clegg

Trying to think who it might be. Its not De Gea or Lindegaard, they've only just signed. It won't be any of the back 4 either. It won't be Scholes or Giggs or Carrick or Clev. It won't be Valencia as hes just gotten the 7 jersey, its obviously not Kagawa or RVP. Welbeck looks like he might sign a new contract too.

So that leaves Anderson, Nani and Rooney.

If I had to guess I'd say the other player is Nani.

Red Issue don't bullshit btw. They have well sourced stories. It might be a very minor story with a tiny chance of being true...but they're not made up tales.

Wilbur

Banned
The only first teamer I can think of really is Nani. RVP doesn't challenge anyone else's place.

Unless it's Young. Fuck me it would be glorious if he was out.

nemesun

I bloody well hope so, with all due respect to the great man, he has long past his prime. You can't convince "top, top quality" players to stay on if A: you're not in the business of winning trophies, B: Aren't willing to pay over the odds to keep 'em at the club.

Arsene completely misjudged players like Cesc, Robin, Clichy, Flamini, Hleb; he's an honorable man who thought too highly of his players and got bit right on the arse. I absolutely have no sympathy for him. he made his bed, now he has to lie in it.

Come on now, Arsene's project isn't to raise kids to build a team, that is a by-product of his end-game for Arsenal which is to take/leave us to a level financially where we can compete with anyone (not owned by billionaires at least) in the World. We're still on course for that.

fuenf

Feels good, doesn't it? :D

1) why? He was great throughout the Euro.

2) That's his role in the team, he's supposed to run from box to box. I don't see a problem. Can show me a player who possesses similar qualities & can pass/has a tech like Xabi?

1) Well it shows that he only cared about attacking and that Schweinseiger had to do the dirty work. Yeah he showed great heart, but if he's only there as an attacking option than i would rather see Götze / Kroos / Reus in his place.

2) yes he's supposed to be box to box, but it feels more like midfield-line to box. The player you are looking for is a fit Schweinsteiger (as long as he doesnt have to sit back and do Khediras dirty work). Like i said countless of time before, Khedira's heart and will is admirable but most of the time it doesnt result in anyhting positive. He's like the midfield version of Olic.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
lol wat

And no. Khedira had a good last season and he was amazing at the Euro's. He knows how to play with the rest of the squad and is developing constantly so if anything, Modric will be backup for Alonso and Khedira. That wimpy pos is not needed at RM.

32 up front+6 add ons=38

evilwart

Has to be Nani. Only first team player who I can see would want to leave. So many attacking players now, there's tough competition and he could walk into the first team of pretty much any club.

Don't think it's Nani unless he's been agitating for a move to RM behind the scenes. He's too valuable to us and there's few who could afford him. Of those that could, even fewer that need him.

More likely Berba and/or Chicha.

Possibly Ando.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't think it's Nani unless he's been agitating for a move to RM behind the scenes. He's too valuable to us and there's few who could afford him. Of those that could, even fewer that need him.

Possibly Ando.

I thought it implied it was someone who would be in direct competition with RVP

Clegg

I'd rather Nani stayed. When on form hes the best winger in the league. We'd also need to spend an absolute bomb to sign an adequate replacement for him.

It would be much better for us to reach a compromise with him and get that contract signed. We'd also be in a very bad situation if he hasn't signed a new contract by next summer. He'd be in the last year of his contract and if we sold it would be for a knockdown price.

I can't see the Glazers reinvesting that money into new players either tbh.

Possibly Ando.
Contract negotiations with Nani have been going on for a long long time (like a year) and haven't really gone anywhere yet. It's definitely a problem which we need to resolve.

kharma45

I'd rather Nani stayed. When on form hes the best winger in the league. We'd also need to spend an absolute bomb to sign an adequate replacement for him.

It would be much better for us to reach a compromise with him and get that contract signed. We'd also be in a very bad situation if he hasn't signed a new contract by next summer. He'd be in the last year of his contract and if we sold it would be for a knockdown price.

Whilst I'd rather he stayed than went, we could get a replacement in someone like James Rodriguez from Porto.

There'll always be other players, and as good as Nani is, he's over-rated by United fans.

LegoArmo

Pretty obvious that we were seriously in for Hazard and Moura, says something, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom