• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
@piersmorgan
"No, but happy to invigilate on your euthanasia RT@Lord_Sugar @piersmorgan Can you get to old trafford to invigilate on RVP medical tomorrow"
RftoI.gif

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
@piersmorgan

Good news, Cashley @TheRealAC3 - we've finally found someone even more money-grabbing than you. @Persie_Official

Congratulatons @SamNasri19 - you're no longer the most loathsome ex Arsenal player in Britain.

oh he mad

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
wow crazy week in transfers.

bilbao is fucked if those 2 leave, poor bielsa. I guess them tasting silverware but not winning really convince them to leave the club.

FootballFan

Gooners, Cazorla scored a great goal just like 15minutes ago for Spain.

Yaya Toure is a beast. A complete footballer

Fixed :p

Played centre-back in arguably the toughest games for Barca too(vs Chelsea in the Semis and ManUnited in the final) He did great there too. His range of talents and amount of positions he plays in is so good. City's season nearly crumbled when he left for the ACoN.

FootballFan

Song is most certainly not replacing Busquets.

He is replacing Keita, not Busquets.

edit
35 mil for Llorente? Fuck that is a lot if true. Only has 1 year left on his contract, Barca got Afellay for 3 million when his contract only had a year left.(obviously Afellay isn't Llorente but you get my point)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
£27m, it's official.

Well, with his low salary, that's not too bad.

You must be aving larf! 35mill for Llorente and they weren't even willing to spend half of that on RvP....

Again, we offered 20m, and 7.5 something annually. That's pretty fucking mental on RVP. United can get away with it because they have Rooney,Kagawa and etc, we can't.

In the end, RVP said no. And no one blames him.

jtb

Banned
Wait. I'm assuming there is no option to buy then? Also Song to Braca is one of the dumbest moves. He'll be on the bench because busquets has DM on lock down.

highly doubt it. He won the Bundesliga and La Liga... can't imagine him being content with missing out on CL football during the prime of his career.

35m for Llorente seems high, but when you've got a world class team in every other position, why not pay a little extra for a class striker...

edit:
Salvadora quoted someone somewhere saying he's being brought in to replace Busquets. It would be odd to spend 15-20m to replace a bench player...

Twitter bullshit no doubt. The move is true, the reason is wrong, I'm sure. Keita played 26 league games according to wiki, so it'd certainly be more of a role for Song than say... Hleb had.

The former owner of Spurs has this to say:
Mordric,

vAvxY.jpg

that's why i said fit Schweini ;) but yeah it's impossible to argue now who was more effective on defense, all i'm saying is that there's more to football than being "all over the pitch." But honestly i dont care, i guess i just dont like him / or his playstyle. I appreciate what he does, but i just dont think it's that effecive. But who am i? 'The only one' rates him very highly and that's all that matters.
Wait, who's "the only one"? Der Kaiser? I don't get it :/
By "all over the pitch" I mean that he did def and attack altogether. I didn't see a headless chicken, like you described him :p

(...)
Schweinsteiger, before last season injuries, was the best complete midfielder out there.

They're usually right in Bayern transfers. They announced the Shaqiri deal 2 days before Bayern made it official. Aren't they supposed to have very top insiders in Bayern?
Had to leave out the Kheds talk, because I'm also getting tired of it too.
09/10 was his only consistently good season and even then he didn't have heart. And you can't excuse everything with injuries, he's never had anything serious afaik (such as complex ligament rupture, etc.)
You're right. They're well informed on Bayern, they're basically like the extension of their PR department, lol
But they won't ever hesitate to break stories based on unproven sources/inadequate journalism. They're a piece of shit tabloid after all.

Halo sucks.
yes

Dibbz

He is replacing Keita, not Busquets.

edit
35 mil for Llorente? Fuck that is a lot if true. Only has 1 year left on his contract, Barca got Afellay for 3 million when his contract only had a year left.(obviously Afellay isn't Llorente but you get my point)

And how many games did Keita play last season? Joining a club to be an option on the bench is dumb.

That is such a fake URL. Please tell me you were joking, dc6969. :p

If it's true it's £27m = €35m and we've definitely over paid. But, again, IF it's true, I think overpaying is necessary. We've had tremendous difficulty signing a top player and we were bound to over pay.

But, I don't think it's true. Today is a bank holiday in Italy. No business would take place. At the earliest, the deal would take place tomorrow. And typically Italian papers would break the news first, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom