• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

highly doubt it. He won the Bundesliga and La Liga... can't imagine him being content with missing out on CL football during the prime of his career.

35m for Llorente seems high, but when you've got a world class team in every other position, why not pay a little extra for a class striker...

edit:

Twitter bullshit no doubt. The move is true, the reason is wrong, I'm sure. Keita played 26 league games according to wiki, so it'd certainly be more of a role for Song than say... Hleb had.

If Sahin does decide to go to Liverpool you have to take into account the influence of both Alonso and Mourinho. As well as that Sahin is 23 and more than anything needs games and to regain his confidence so I doubt playing in the Champions League will be too high on his list of priorities.

He could well be announced as an Arsenal player tomorrow but still I'm not sure so much focus is put on to a competition that Arsenal have little chance of winning. Maybe the team should be looking at a bit of domestic success in order to keep the big names from wanting out - Seven years without success for a team with the pedigree of Arsenal is bad.

As for the second part, Juventus are far from having world class all over the pitch.

bud

Fuck sake RVP. This is fucking shite. What a *eugh*

i don't blame him for wanting to leave arsenal to go and try to actually win something, but it's a shame he had to go to a club that plays shit football most of the time; it'll be so weird to see him in a team that doesn't know how to play one-touch football.

i do wish him all the best, though. he's still a sensational player, and i hope he gets to win a trophy this time around.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That is such a fake URL. Please tell me you were joking, dc6969. :p

If it's true it's £27m = €35m and we've definitely over paid. But, again, IF it's true, I think overpaying is necessary. We've had tremendous difficulty signing a top player and we were bound to over pay.

But, I don't think it's true. Today is a bank holiday in Italy. No business would take place. At the earliest, the deal would take place tomorrow. And typically Italian papers would break the news first, to be honest.

Marotta did say "Their asking price was fair" :/

jtb

Banned
If Sahin does decide to go to Liverpool you have to take into account the influence of both Alonso and Mourinho. As well as that Sahin is 23 and more than anything needs games and to regain his confidence so I doubt playing in the Champions League will be too high on his list of priorities.

He could well be announced as an Arsenal player tomorrow but still I'm not sure so much focus is put on to a competition that Arsenal have little chance of winning. Maybe the team should be looking at a bit of domestic success in order to keep the big names from wanting out - Seven years without success for a team with the pedigree of Arsenal is bad.

As for the second part, Juventus are far from having world class all over the pitch.

I was referring to the buy clause. If he goes to Liverpool it's to prepare him for the rigors of life at Madrid the season after; if he goes to Arsenal/Spurs it's because he's formally being replaced by Modric and it's a loan --> buy type move.

Which position doesn't Juve have a world class player in?

3Sixty

Remember when Man United agreed a fee with Cardiff over Ramsey, announced it on their website and he signed for Arsenal. That was good times.

(IT COULD HAPPEN AGAIN!!1!)

dc89

LOL that Transfer News Central who sporked us have just said the news that they posted on their own timeline was fake.

W...T...F

elsk

Banned
Had to leave out the Kheds talk, because I'm also getting tired of it too.
09/10 was his only consistently good season and even then he didn't have heart. And you can't excuse everything with injuries, he's never had anything serious afaik (such as complex ligament rupture, etc.)

Actually, I think Schweinsteiger 10/11 season was his best. Curiously, he played most of it as CAM.

And I agree. Halo is one of the worst games I've tried.

Dibbz

i don't blame him for wanting to leave arsenal to go and try to actually win something, but it's a shame he had to go to a club that plays shit football most of the time; it'll be so weird to see him in a team that doesn't know how to play one-touch football.

i do wish him all the best, though. he's still a sensational player, and i hope he gets to win a trophy this time around.

I hope someone fuckin' snaps him.

LegoArmo

The top 2 goal scorers from last season playing for the same club. 57 goals between them in the league, can they get the same total again?

If you think Juventus isn't world class then you're dreaming.

Buffon, Chiellini, Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal are definitely world class.

Barzagli, Asamoah, Bonucci, Giovinco are a step behind (the last three are 23, 25, 25 respectively, they'll get there!). Giovinco can get to Cassano's level in a year or so of regular play.

Not to mention our youth: Pogba, Leali, Branescu, Marrone (De Rossi futuro)

Insanity if you think Juve isn't world class up and down the pitch, everywhere but up front. Our midfield alone is perhaps the best midfield outside of Madrid and Barca.

Wes

venison crêpe
292442_10151071043889279_1303828602_n.jpg

Kweh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19179833

It is understood Van Persie was encouraged by the arrivals of Germany forward Lukas Podolski, France striker Olivier Giroud and Spain midfielder Cazorla - to the point where he was open to the idea of staying with or without a new contract.

But Wenger pulled him aside shortly before Sunday's friendly victory over Cologne, told him he would be sold if a deal could be reached and informed the Dutchman he was no longer part of his plans.

Formal discussions between Arsenal and United began immediately, with Gazidis and United chief executive David Gill agreeing a fee of £22.5m on Tuesday, only for it to be vetoed by Wenger as he held out for £25m.

On Wednesday morning, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson called Wenger to offer £23m and Wenger quoted him £24m.

Interesting.

dc89

dc43 you know fake PR is the worst PR.

Clichy & Nasri have two medals now in the last 13 months.

RVP will win with United. Years ago, moving for money would have been a valid argument by United fans, but not anymore.

"I'll let people think I moved for money, but we'll see at the end of the season when we lift the trophy. Then we'll come back and talk about my decision again."

Nasri after signing.

Geoff Shreeves: "Samir, can you put in to words what you've just witnessed"

Nasri: "losing 2-1, and coming back to score a winning goal to give us the title it's unbelievable. It's something amazing and I'm really happy. And I knew I made the right decision and I'm going to celebrate with the fans"

Nasri after winning the premier league.

Give it a year or two and RVP will be saying something similar.

Zabojnik

I'm sorry. 35M€ for Llorente? I call bullshit. If we were willing to spend that much on a striker we would have bought Jovetic from Fiorentina for 30M€. This can't be right.

Clegg

From the French journalist that claimed Hernandez wants to leave United
Mickaël Martin-Haim ‏@MikaMartinHaim
@AmoriZep He has Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Kagawa, Berbatov, and maybe Eriksen ! Six strikers ! ;-)

He thinks United are interested in Christian Eriksen.

Also said that Hernandez wanted to leave because he wants to assure his starting spot for Mexicos 2014 World Cup squad.

LegoArmo

From the French journalist that claimed Hernandez wants to leave United

He thinks United are interested in Christian Eriksen.

Also said that Hernandez wanted to leave because he wants to assure his starting spot for Mexicos 2014 World Cup squad.

Eriksen's not a striker, is he? Think this guy is talking rubbish.

ShogunX

I was referring to the buy clause. If he goes to Liverpool it's to prepare him for the rigors of life at Madrid the season after; if he goes to Arsenal/Spurs it's because he's formally being replaced by Modric and it's a loan --> buy type move.

Which position doesn't Juve have a world class player in?

As for as anyone knows Real Madrid are not open to selling Sahin. As for Juventus I would say out of their current squad only Chiellini, Pirlo, Buffon are world class. Player like Vidal and Marchisio are very good players but I don't think they are world class.

The term world class has been diluted over the years so I understand why other names are thrown into the hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom