• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I don't think the United news will be anything major.

If it was that big I doubt the MEN would hold out on it and if Howard Nurse knows it the BBC know it and I doubt they would too.

Edit - Clegg's post confirms that really. Probably some minor sponsorship deal.

Zabojnik

Jovetic is so exciting, having seen much of him since his return from injury though. how well has he recovered?

Perfectly, I'd say. We had some minor health problems last season, but it was to be expected after such a long period of inactivity. The upcoming season will give the definitive answer. Come to Juve, Jojo! It's your destiny. The no. 10 jersey is waiting for you.

Lakitu

st5fu
Know that feel Arsenal fans. We've become a selling club ourselves these last few years.

Though, I wonder if it's worth us taking a punt on Walcott?

kharma45

FWIW I don't think the United news will be anything major.

If it was that big I doubt the MEN would hold out on it and if Howard Nurse knows it the BBC know it and I doubt they would too.

Edit - Clegg's post confirms that really. Probably some minor sponsorship deal.

His next tweet is
just another sponsorship deal, it's so exciting I can't even remember their name . .

jtb

Banned
Piers is a giant asshole. Terrible at his job and a pretty disgusting human being to boot. Shame he had to be an Arsenal fan...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I know Jojo isn't exactly the finisher Conte is looking for, but fuck me what a brilliant player he is. Vucinic, Gio and Jojo are all versatile strikers and you can pretty much throw them anywhere up front and they'll perform well.

I doubt we'll struggle with goals with Jojo and Gio anyway.

I missed it too. What was said?

Something about Suarez pulling his hand away from Evra.

But he was pretty nice to be fair.

Both Piers Morgan and Osama being Arsenal supporters... Now only way you could make that worse is with Gallagher.
He did say he would make his children Arsenal supporters.

This was before City got good though so I'm sure that being such a die hard City fan, that's no longer the case.

I am confused. Why are we signing RVP and. Not after Sahin? Hug me UTD-GAF.

Regardless. Having The top2 goal scores in our team is fantastic and if u consider we lost the league just by goal difference last score it's a good decision buying him.

But we have lacked a true playmaker for a couple of years but I guess Kagawa covers that up, but then again since we singed kagawa how are we accommodate all 3 along with our wingers.

I am confused and perplexed hug me.

Real Madrid will only release Sahin to another club on loan or with a buy-back clause. No way is United ever signing a first team player on a short-term deal.

Remember this?:

Zonal Marking on "Teams of the Decade #3: Manchester United 2006-09" said:
The reasons Ferguson could afford such a loose shape in the final third were that (a) Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez were all highly versatile, happy to play either on the wing or through the middle, (b) The three had a wonderful understanding in and around the penalty area, meaning Ferguson could effectively hand out three ‘free roles’ and sit back and witness the results and, crucially (c) All three understood their defensive responsibilities.

Competition is good. Playing a 433/4231 in the big games with Rooney, RVP, Kagawa and Nani interchanging positions up forward will make for fluid, exciting football and should be glorious to watch at times this season. I'm excite.

Got major FF problems now. Not sure I can really go with any attacking United players...all quite expensive and no guarantee in terms of playing time.

Disaster.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^^^^ Sounds brilliant to me! Vucinic, Giovinco and Jojo playing free-roles! :p

All three are terrible at tracking back though.

Wilbur

Banned
Got major FF problems now. Not sure I can really go with any attacking United players...all quite expensive and no guarantee in terms of playing time.

Disaster.

I know :/ like I said, trying to have one player from each team (but only 15 spots obviously) and Valencia is in my attacking midfield spot. Might have Evra because he's likely to play every game but that means getting rid of Clichy/Johnson to fund it really. Might get rid of Clichy and see if there's a cheaper City midfielder that will get me some points.

Slizz

Piers = Alison Brie, RvP is on the left.

i3adPxVAjFBLD.gif

Clegg

United fans:

Do you think we're done for the transfer window? Personally, I think we are. And whilst Kagawa and RVP(provided nothing goes wrong) are 2 excellent signings, we're still short of quality in midfield.

Kagawa and RVP are two signings that will improve our first team. Powell and Henriquez are two exciting prospects for the future. I'm happy with the business thats been done this summer. Still concerned about our midfield though.

kharma45

United fans:

Do you think we're done for the transfer window? Personally, I think we are. And whilst Kagawa and RVP(provided nothing goes wrong) are 2 excellent signings, we're still short of quality in midfield.

Kagawa and RVP are two signings that will improve our first team. Powell and Henriquez are two exciting prospects for the future. I'm happy with the business thats been done this summer. Still concerned about our midfield though.

If the right player becomes available we'll move for them, so never say never.

Wilbur

Banned
United fans:

I think we are and personally I think our signings have been good enough that we'll make a very good challenge for the title. But we need a CM because Anderson, Cleverley and Scholes are very unlikely to keep it up all season.

Disappointed we haven't got one.

Any one of RVP, Rooney, Nani, Valencia and Kagawa will most likely deliver pretty consistently, but it just depends when they're picked.

Yeah, it's a big gamble picking Kagawa. But he looked good in preseason playing in a couple of positions, and considering he's not been at the Olympics or Euros I think he will get a lot of games early doors. See how it develops.

Zabojnik

I know Jojo isn't exactly the finisher Conte is looking for, but fuck me what a brilliant player he is. Vucinic, Gio and Jojo are all versatile strikers and you can pretty much throw them anywhere up front and they'll perform well.

It may not be the most popular opinion amongst Juve fans, but I think we need someone like JoJo a lot more than we need a clinical finisher. A 'Matri 2.0' like Llorente (that's how I see him at least, I may be wrong) would obviously be a very welcome upgrade, but with someone like JoJo, who can score, link up with our midfielders and pull pure magic out of the hat ... I forsee amazingness. What's more, he would have a great partner in Vucinic. God, what I would give. Won't happen. 30M€ is way too much for us right now and Conte probably sees it somewhat differently. Fuck calciomercato, why do I care so much? :/

United fans:

Yeah I think that'll be it.

We've spent about £40m which is what the club suggested we would. We have sold about £5m worth and I think we will see Berbatov and maybe Macheda go so net spend will probably be down to about £30m. Technically you could argue that leaves a little bit left over for one other signing but I don't see that happening now.

Lunchbox

Banned
rvp announcement just papers over the huge ass cracks on the team

BUT MAN IS THAT PAPER SHINY AND GLOSSY and soaked in sweet tears !

heres an avatar for you meus -

7lTt1.jpg

pappe

Real Madrid will only release Sahin to another club on loan or with a buy-back clause. No way is United ever signing a first team player on a short-term deal.

Remember this?:

Competition is good. Playing a 433/4231 in the big games with Rooney, RVP, Kagawa and Nani interchanging positions up forward will make for fluid, exciting football and should be glorious to watch at times this season. I'm excite.
Ooo I like that. I was thinking the same but we can't make that happen unless we put Valencia as our RB or keep interchanging Valencia and Nani as our right winger. But that would mean we would have to rely on kagawa, Roo, nani/val to trackback and help out the defence once in a while.

Nani and roo are good at it.How good is kagawa in tracking back and helping out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom