• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

just came back form the stadium watching austria-turkey.
they announced the the germany -argentina result and everybody began cheering.

feelsgood.jpg

lolmany

Clegg

Its amazing how the euphoria of signing RVP can be immediately dampened by the possibility of losing Hernandez or Nani.

We first got news that the IPO was going ahead, then immediately after we heard that Uniteds financial results were down from last years.

United announced that world record sponsorship deal, then the next day we heard that the Glazers would pay less off the debt than they originally stated.

I'm now very curious as to what this announcement will be tomorrow. The signing of Henriquez, or maybe even the selling of Old Traffords naming rights?

GorillaJu

I still consider Arsenal to be a title-challenging team. That they fail so often isn't really helping my cause, but given that they're consistently in the top 3-4 and are in all the same competitions as United it seems silly to say that United aren't at the very least a bitter rival to them.

It's being overly harsh to posture as if Arsenal aren't even in the same division. Yes they've lacked the grit and the consistency to pull through for a good decade, now. But every year their goal is to win the title, every year they inevitably come within grasping range and inevitably fall out of it.

Its amazing how the euphoria of signing RVP can be immediately dampened by the possibility of losing Hernandez or Nani.

We first got news that the IPO was going ahead, then immediately after we heard that Uniteds financial results were down from last years.

United announced that world record sponsorship deal, then the next day we heard that the Glazers would pay less off the debt than they originally stated.

I'm now very curious as to what this announcement will be tomorrow. The signing of Henriquez, or maybe even the selling of Old Traffords naming rights?

Why would losing Hernandez be such a big deal? Nani I can understand but Hernandez?

pappe

I am confused. Why are we signing RVP and. Not after Sahin? Hug me UTD-GAF.

Regardless. Having The top2 goal scores in our team is fantastic and if u consider we lost the league just by goal difference last score it's a good decision buying him.

But we have lacked a true playmaker for a couple of years but I guess Kagawa covers that up, but then again since we singed kagawa how are we accommodate all 3 along with our wingers.

I am confused and perplexed hug me.

Kyoufu

I don't see how Arsenal and Man United are rivals.

More like "allies":

1. Arsenal bent over and took 8 goals from them
2. Arsenal beat City at the Emirates which allowed Man United to creep further ahead at the top of the table
3. Arsenal sold the Player of the Year and Top Scorer of the Year to Man United.

Newly formed allies!

3Sixty

More like "allies":

2. Arsenal beat City at the Emirates which allowed Man United to creep further ahead at the top of the table
3. Arsenal sold the Player of the Year and Top Scorer of the Year to Man United.

Newly formed allies!

Not even United + Arsenal is enough to stop City!!!

Clegg

Why would losing Hernandez be such a big deal? Nani I can understand but Hernandez?

I think Hernandez is a good striker. He wasn't great last year but I think he is too good to sell after one bad season. He has has another poor year then maybe United should consider selling. I'd rather not see him going to one of our rivals though.

I'd be devastated if Nani left. He has 2 years left on his contract. If he doesn't sign a new one then next summer we'll be in the same situation as Arsenal were with RVP.

GorillaJu

Hernandez was a one-season wonder and was never good enough to be a United striker. Maybe for the league cup or FA cup games vs league two teams?

RVP signing makes fantasy a real headache. Kagawa looks like a poor buy for FPL now, to me. Rooney and RVP, at 12 and 13, is a bit of a mad investment. Might have to go with slightly cheaper strikers like Suarez and Bent.

For once, just once, please be optimistic for a change!

Brinbe

Between Henriquez and RVP, clearly not enough strikers! And not worried about anyone leaving, these are luxury signings, if anything. I'm sure we'll get something done with Nani. And if not, hopefully he plays well enough this coming campaign and we get a good price for him.

Anyway, count me among those who would've rather we spent that 20+ mil we spent on Angelo/Robin and put it towards strengthening that midfield. But in SAF we trust, I suppose.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

More like "allies":

Newly formed allies!

1.Inter defeated Milan twice last season. = 6 points
2.They bent over home and away to us. = 6 points

Newly forme....UGH

But then again, they gave us Lucio and Pazzini is on the way.

evilwart

I am confused. Why are we signing RVP and. Not after Sahin? Hug me UTD-GAF.

Regardless. Having The top2 goal scores in our team is fantastic and if u consider we lost the league just by goal difference last score it's a good decision buying him.

But we have lacked a true playmaker for a couple of years but I guess Kagawa covers that up, but then again since we singed kagawa how are we accommodate all 3 along with our wingers.

I am confused and perplexed hug me.

Midfield be damned! 4-1-5!

----------De Gea-----------

Rafael--Vidic--Rio----Evra

-----------Carrick----------

Valencia--Kagawa----Nani
------Rooney----RVP------

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
SKY: Juventus haven't given up on Jovetic yet, and will make another attempt at signing him.

OH YES BABY now we're talking!

Salvadora

Stoke City Fanview: 'Arsenal sum up everything that is wrong with English football'
Fixture I am looking forward to the most...
Has to be Arsenal. Everything that is wrong with English football is summed up at that club. A club that appears to have no regard for how it treats its fans in terms of ticket prices in this current economy, a team that appears to have no appetite for developing the talent of English players, a team that appears to pay no particular credence to the gentlemanly laws that prevent feigning contact and one that will not give any credit to another when they are well beaten.
Fucking Stoke lol

And yet, 7 years.
Indeed, 7 years.

elsk

Banned
Twitter saying Klose to Malaga, whaaaat

Stoke City Fanview: 'Arsenal sum up everything that is wrong with English football'

Fucking Stoke lol

Well, Stoke is the maximum representative of english football at club level. They can say their shit if they want.

Wilbur

Banned

Fucking Stoke lol

To be fair the fan has a point (apart from the feigning injury one). Wenger rarely gives credit to other teams.

ShogunX

Arsenal beat Chelsea, City & Stoke in the league last season. Arsenal winning a trophy is not as impossible as some people portray.

Away from home? I don't think it's impossible for Arsenal to win a trophy as they are a very good side but I do question the mentality of the squad at times.

Arsenal aren't title challengers and I'll tell you why.

Cos everybody who claims it says "Arsenal are title challengers, we won't win it, but we'll still be in the race".

If you can't claim with at least some confidence you could win the title next season, you're not in the race and you're not title challengers.

Wilbur

Banned
Arsenal aren't title challengers and I'll tell you why.

Cos everybody who claims it says "Arsenal are title challengers, we won't win it, but we'll still be in the race".

If you can't claim with at least some confidence you could win the title next season, you're not in the race and you're not title challengers.

12720398600v5Nt3.jpg

K1LLER7

Tomorrows announcement could also be for the statue of SAF.
Forgot about that. Someone said David Gill had an exclusive interview with MEN and so it could be something out of that when it's released.

The DJ guy on twitter said United were interested in another player but were unlikely to get him. I'm guessing it's Witsel.

"There has been a litte talk back and forth, at first I said no, but it ended up being them anyway. There was no other concrete offers from Danish clubs"

Martin Albrechtsen on signing for Brøndby. She sure sounds excited.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bob Cass changed his profile pic and made his comeback. He's not fooling anyone!

Edit: Thanks Zabo!
m9iKf.gif
m9iKf.gif

Clegg

Bob Cass is back!!!

Bob Cass ‏@Bob_Cass
Isn't The Newsroom just about the best drama series on tv right now!

He hasn't posted on twitter since the 6th. He got terrible abuse after the Moura deal fell through. Funny that he comes back on the same night the RVP deal wa announced.

Emhemed

SKY: Juventus haven't given up on Jovetic yet, and will make another attempt at signing him.

OH YES BABY now we're talking!

Jovetic is so exciting, having seen much of him since his return from injury though. how well has he recovered?

K1LLER7

Bob Cass is back!!!

He hasn't posted on twitter since the 6th. He got terrible abuse after the Moura deal fell through. Funny that he comes back on the same night the RVP deal wa announced.

He got them both right in a way I guess. Moura was all but agreed until PSG started to throw their money bags at Sao Paulo and his JT agent.

Also, I get why Arsenal fans are mad at RVP...but really they majority of the anger should be directed at the management and the board.

When you look at it in simple terms, why would RVP really stay at Arsenal? He's the one who's stuck around whilst everyone else pissed off. Okay, he was injured, he didn't hit his peak...all that stuff, fair enough. But he's 29. All the other players who have left left WELL before they could say they felt it was their last chance.

Moving to United is never going to be accepted and he said things which make him sound like a dickhead now...but I can't really see how anybody can be too mad at him when you take the emotion out of it.

Arsenal's players will keep on leaving as long as they're given reason to. What are Arsenal really doing to address the 7 year rot? They signed some good players this summer and now they're selling RVP + Song? It's a cycle which the club is stuck in. And because Wenger is a legitimately great manager I bet he gets Arsenal to 3rd again and regains everybody's trust...but then the same mistakes are made - because at the tail of the season it looks like an amazing achievement. Arsenal haven't really achieved anything real for a long long time.

Sounds harsh but it's the truth. Club needs some big changes to its management. Doesn't have to be personnel but definitely its outlook.

kharma45

Forgot about that. Someone said David Gill had an exclusive interview with MEN and so it could be something out of that when it's released.

The DJ guy on twitter said United were interested in another player but were unlikely to get him. I'm guessing it's Witsel.

Don't make me unzip...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Alineación México: Ochoa; Meza; Rodríguez; Moreno; Torres Nilo; Zavala; Viniegra; Guardado; Barrera; Reyna y Hernández DT José M de la Torre
Alineación Estados Unidos: Howard; Beckerman; Williams; Edu; Gómez; Donovan; Jones; Castillo; Torres; Caeron y Johnson DT Jürgen Klinsmann

VAMOS MÉXICO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom